• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invisibility Type Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK, I have been trying to edit the shadowmeld ability to make it so that when a unit goes into hiding, it stays hidden until it either attacks or casts a spell. This is also a passive ability, with no mana or invisibilty time needed. So, when it just stops moving, it becomes invisible, but it can move around without losing its invisibility. So please help me out with this, because I am having a lot of trouble trying to tweak the spell around. Thanks.

Level 6
Hmm... you might want to either

1. Make a trigger that gives him Permanent Invisibility when he activates this ability.
2. Make a trigger that orders a dummy unit to cast Invisibility on him when he activates this ability.

Both Permanent Invisibility and Invisibility (Sorceress) work the way you did, except Permanent Invisibility is forever (but you could remove it with another trigger). So I suggest the latter.

Level 3
Its a passive ability, so activating it wont work, unless you mean when your chooses it as an ability. Also, I need it to be like, 1.50 second Fade Time, (example). So not sure how triggering it would work. Please I want to try to see if it can be done by just editing the Shadow Meld ability.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Permanent Invisibility is everything you want in the first comment, at least that's what it looks like.

OK, I have been trying to edit the shadowmeld ability to make it so that when a unit goes into hiding, it stays hidden until it either attacks or casts a spell. This is also a passive ability, with no mana or invisibilty time needed. So, when it just stops moving, it becomes invisible, but it can move around without losing its invisibility.

This is 100% Permanent Invisibility.

-Rui

Status
Not open for further replies.