• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion Of MasterHaosis

Detail

Status

Forum - http://septimus.invisionplus.net
Map Status - Open Source
Current Version - 1.13

Description

A nice and cute mini-game created to dedicated to THW ex-moderator MasterHaosis with each match duration last for 10 minutes and up to 5 mode available.

Mission Objective
Game ModeObjective
Top Gun
  • Kill as many Haosis as possible to rack up the highest score before times run out.
Spawn Control
  • Kill all Haosis before they flood the entire map until the time limit expired. If there is 100 Haosis at the map before the time expired, the game is over.
Challenge Ralle
  • Kill as many Haosis as possible to get a score higher than Ralle (Computer AI) before time limit expired. If Ralle get the highest score after time expired, all player defeat.
The Target
  • Kill as many Haosis as possible and reach a score of 2,000 before time runs out.
Angel Hunt
  • Find and kill as many Angel Haosis as possible within 10 minutes, the player with the top score after time expired will win the match.
Screenshot

148027-albums406-picture8314.jpg

148027-albums406-picture8320.jpg

148027-albums406-picture8321.jpg

148027-albums406-picture8322.jpg

148027-albums406-picture8323.jpg

Notice

1) Open Sources

• If this map is open sources, it mean this map are free to be view by everybody regardless of age, community, religion and status.
  • Open sources doesn't mean you could edit this map freely without my permission for the sake of fun or various reason, you still got to ask my permission to do so.

2) Protected

• If this map is protected, it mean there is an content or resources that are deem to be exclusive or specially made for the map that I strictly do not allowed other to use or neiter view it.
  • If you wish to view the map through world editor, kindly ask my permission and I would send the open sources to you if I see your reason to be acceptable.

Credit
SectionContributer
Icon
  • Elenai
  • Freezer
  • Mc !
  • BlackDoom
  • OgeRfaCes
  • communist_orc
  • CRAZYRUSSIAN
  • The_Avenger's_Return
  • Juice_F
  • BlackRockClan
  • X.e.r.e.X
  • WILLTHEALLMIGHTY
  • HappyTauren
Model
  • Elenai
  • Mechanical Man
  • Ket
  • Chriz.
  • Kitabatake
  • Daelin
  • communist_orc
  • Zap
  • Callahan
  • Tranquil
  • JetFangInferno
  • General Frank
  • Lord_T
Spells
  • SSDBZ
  • flyfightflea
  • xxdingo93xx
Terrainer
  • FrIkY
Loading Screen & Images
  • TheDivineBoss
  • General Frank
Language, Spelling & Grammar
  • CyberSoft
  • DonDustin
  • 3rgytr54
Changelog
Version StatusUpdate Information
  • Beta release.
  • Update detail no longer available.
  • Fix scorescreen.
Septimus Map Resources

[THREAD="87433"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ?[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100164"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (2)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="106408"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (3)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116973"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (4)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="117009"]Are You A Perfect Idiot ? (5)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82506"]Are You Intelligent ? (Survivor)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82507"]Are You Intelligent ? (Solo)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82508"]Are You Intelligent ? (Cooperate)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83511"]Are You Intelligent ? (Team)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="85518"]Are You Intelligent ? (Time)[/THREAD]
[THREAD="82626"]KFC 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84623"]Sparta - Modern Warfare[/THREAD]
[THREAD="88705"]United States Of 300[/THREAD]
[THREAD="89067"]Glory Of the Spartans[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108889"]Harry Pottaa And The Dining In Hell[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84733"]Symmetry Park[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95556"]Stairway[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95423"]Garuda Ruins[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95711"]Heion Forest[/THREAD]
[THREAD="95683"]Flood Point[/THREAD]
[THREAD="83746"]Olympic Torch[/THREAD]
[THREAD="84214"]Omaha Assault[/THREAD]
[THREAD="86253"]Kill Me[/THREAD]
[THREAD="105092"]Invasion Of MasterHaosis[/THREAD]
[THREAD="108660"]Dan War[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118947"]Click To Kill[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122023"]Dodge[/THREAD]
[THREAD="100225"]Just For Laughs[/THREAD]
[THREAD="97315"]The Human Sin - Trailer[/THREAD]
[THREAD="116696"]Brotherhood Of Kenji[/THREAD]
[THREAD="118665"]Memory Forever[/THREAD]
[THREAD="122211"]Hand of Justice[/THREAD]
[THREAD="128667"]The Confrontation[/THREAD]
[THREAD="168596"]Unknown Cinematic[/THREAD]

Contents

Invasion Of MasterHaosis (Map)

Reviews
10:45, 26th Oct 2008 Rui: Between 2 (Lacking) and 3 (Useful). I have posted my review and you can find it on post #5. Even though anything under 3 isn't approved (at least not by me), I guess I can open up an exception seeing as how people like it...

M

10:45, 26th Oct 2008
Rui:
Between 2 (Lacking) and 3 (Useful). I have posted my review and you can find it on [self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=105092#post890759"]post #5[/self].
Even though anything under 3 isn't approved (at least not by me), I guess I can open up an exception seeing as how people like it.
The map was lacking a map type and a category, which I added myself.
Approved.

Level 31
Wrong.

General Frank make the model under my request, check the date of submission between my map and his model. If you paid attention to the map version, you would notice it is currently at 1.1.

As for the gameplay, it might seems to be boring. But, it depends on how you play it.

Your interest probably at other type of game. Majority of the users doesn't like to play mini-games map because the gameplay usually focus at 1 style.

Level 13
Review Time

Alright, it's time for a simple review of the map

Good Points :
+The map is stable and doesn't crash wc3
+Includes a basic AI for Ralle
+Quality of the spells is high
+Provides a great challenge for players
Neutral Points :
#Map's size is small
#It has a blinking merchant
#Terrain is very basic
Bad Points :
-Ralle is too powerful, you should either reduce the AoE, or the spell's damage
-Some items are bugged
-Spawn Control mode is way too laggy

Overally it's a fun mini-game style map, worth of replaying for at least few more times , also a good time waster . My rating - 4/6 (Recommended)

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Greetings.
This is my review for version 1.01 of "Invasion of MasterHaosis".

Rui's Review
Pluses and Minuses
√ Fun Factor/Gameplay
√ Originality

+/- Hive Workshop Requirements
+/- Terrain
+/- Machine/Net-friendly
+/- Unique features
+/- Packaging

X Imported Material
X Balance
X Spelling & Grammar
The terrain is OK for it's purpose, I wasn't expecting more of a 64x64 (I think that's the size) map. It could have been made more appealing, however.
The gameplay is original (in a way) and fun, featuring 3 different modes. Those were certainly a plus, but, in a map as small as this, a rematch would be in the order. Or, make various rounds and have a scoreboard to determinate the ultimate winner of the game.

I didn't test the Top Gun, but I saw enough of the two others to quickly understand that the map is nowhere near balanced - the Emperor Haosis unit was clearly imbalanced, as was Ralle's stomp. In the Spawn Control mode you either defeat the Emperor Haosis unit or you get trampled.
The lack of diversity is also notable, as is the lag. Until you fix that lag, the map is severely downgraded.
There is another thing to notice: the map contains high quality imported resources, but I have doubts as to if it was really necessary. 1 megabyte is doubtfully worth it for a game that lasts what, 10 minutes or less?

Septimus's spelling and grammar are well-known... I hate to critique it, but it makes the map look too unprofessional.

"Invasion of MasterHaosis" is a style of mini-game about the Hive Workshop user, MasterHaosis, which has recently become some kind of... icon, amongst the community.
In this game you are attacked by masses of smilies, which you must destroy in one of the the 3 available modes - Top Gun, Spawn Control, or Challenge Ralle - to achieve victory.
My rating for this resource is 5/10, approximately 3 (Useful).

Last edited:
Level 8
I give this map 5/5 in preformance. Here is my Review:

Invasion of MasterHaosis
[+] Brilliant use of the Hive
[+] Variety of challenges for a great preformance
[+] Representation of Haosis through the :braggin: models
[+] Awesome spells
[+] recognition of the members here at the Hive
[+] Awesome terrain
[+] MASTER HAOSIS!

[-] The flood of Haosis in a map as small as this creates a lag
[-] Huge imbalance of AI compaired to the User
Overall this map is very enjoyable. The map's brilliant use of the members here at the Hive, along with the resources earns this map a Recommended rating. Nicely done, Septimus.
The only thing I have a complaint about is the mass number of Haosis. This creates a lag, as units flood into this small size map. Fix this and it would earn my full respect.

Level 34
The good:
- Good AI.
- MasterHaosis!
- Good minigame map.
- Fun gameplay in sometimes.
- Original, in a way so that's good.
- It does not crash, but everyone tells that!
- Noticed that the Pros is growing in length? Hmm?

The bad:
- Maybe the terrain needs fixing.
- Rui listed already some of the bug issues.
- The AI is also actually too ''insane'' to beat, fix that a bit.

And the ugly.
- Nothing here is ugly actually, meh.
- Why did I implement the Ugly anyway?

Overal rating: 4/5.

Tip or recommendation:
- I should advise you to change the white around the Haosis in the loading screen, doesn't really fit 'ey?
Here's a .png from me, just add a maybe a gray like background to it.

Oh and I forgot to say:
MasterHaosisSmiley.png

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Already played and here is my review:

(+) The terrain:
The terrain is detailed, with variety of tilesets and good placement of doodads.
(+) The AI:
The AI is smart, it cast spells wherever it can, attack where the Master Haosis are, but I didn't see them buying items, maybe I has too much obssessed in killing that smilling balls.
(+) The Fun:
This game is short but it's very fun to play even against the AI. seeing that balls exploding. And the red Haosis with horns are cool, too, Also 5 different modes increase the replay.

(+ -) The overpowered Haosis:
Ok, the yellow Haosis are weak, but Emperor Haosis is a divine creature. I could only kill him with help from more 3 players. Right, his the emperor of the smilling balls, but his not an god. maybe reducing the attack a bit.

(-) The lag.
The lag, in the end of a full house game is annoying, very annoying. In the last few minutes, every player has almost all spells, so, every time a spell is casted,the game freezes for less than a second. It's veeeery short, but when you have 11 players with 4-5 spells each, casting it all time, you have lots and lots of half-second lags. Maybe increasing the size of the map, or reducing the effects of the spells could fix it.

Level 31
(+ -) The overpowered Haosis:
Ok, the yellow Haosis are weak, but Emperor Haosis is a divine creature. I could only kill him with help from more 3 players. Right, his the emperor of the smilling balls, but his not an god. maybe reducing the attack a bit.

Emperor Haosis was rather balance, the main purpose of his capability of being able to kill any unit in 3-5 hit and high hp was because of the unit point values (Especially at Top Gun event). Considering that he was able to give 50 point and he was rarely spawn at all.

The other purpose was to make it more fun when you play with friends. Of course, playing Top Gun event and try to rack the highest score as possible; surely everybody aim for a creep that give the most point. So, having a high hp for the Emperor is to test your ability in Kill Steal.

Also, if all creep deal little damage to none. The purpose of potion in the game was no longer valid. The high damage by Emperor is to encourage user to use potion.

A emperor was suppose to be divine, isn't it? XD

(+) The AI:
The AI is smart, it cast spells wherever it can, attack where the Master Haosis are, but I didn't see them buying items, maybe I has too much obssessed in killing that smilling balls.

The AI is design to be as challenging as possible even at easy difficulty, or else it would be quite boring at single player. The main purpose it to let user to get to known about this map better whenever they feel like wanna host it at battlenet.

(-) The lag.
The lag, in the end of a full house game is annoying, very annoying. In the last few minutes, every player has almost all spells, so, every time a spell is casted,the game freezes for less than a second. It's veeeery short, but when you have 11 players with 4-5 spells each, casting it all time, you have lots and lots of half-second lags. Maybe increasing the size of the map, or reducing the effects of the spells could fix it.

As far as I known, every spell and trigger in this map have been coded at the most effective way as possible. The small lag could occur due to the amount of player. Based on my experience, if you play any map in full house. It would be quite miracle not to have a single lag at all. It some sort of unevictable. But, if you do found out what could be the main problem such as the coding, feel free to post it here.

Reactions: HFR

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Emperor Haosis was rather balance, the main purpose of his capability of being able to kill any unit in 3-5 hit and high hp was because of the unit point values (Especially at Top Gun event). Considering that he was able to give 50 point and he was rarely spawn at all.

The other purpose was to make it more fun when you play with friends. Of course, playing Top Gun event and try to rack the highest score as possible; surely everybody aim for a creep that give the most point. So, having a high hp for the Emperor is to test your ability in Kill Steal.

Also, if all creep deal little damage to none. The purpose of potion in the game was no longer valid. The high damage by Emperor is to encourage user to use potion.

A emperor was suppose to be divine, isn't it? XD

After thinking a bit, it's true, the fun of the game is to play against the others (AI or other players), and to win against Emperor Haosis they must cooperate to kill that mighty spherical-royal thing.

Overall, I liked it very much, is good to play against human players or AI, 5 modes, Ralle (He's the truly Divine being), challenging AI, smart AI, cool AI, etc...
It's because of that factors that I will rate it an nice 5/5.:thumbs_up: