• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invasion of Chernobyl v1.7b

Facts

-Kind of Map: Team-TD
-Towers: 154
-Races: 9
-Waves: 30
-Specials: Banking system, many creep abilities, special attacks, new attack-, armortypes, imported models
-Language: English
-Players: 1-8
-Duration: ~60 Minuten
-Mapsize: 1,28 MB
-Name: Invasion of Chernobyl = IoC
-Creator: ITsDuffTime

Fire

- 16 towers
- High damage
- Sparse damage/sec.
- Good range
- Good splash
- Expensive
- Not easy to play

Ice

- 17 towers
- Medium damage
- Medium attack cooldown
- Medium range
- Good splash
- Many stun- & slowtowers

Electric

- 17 Tower
- Bad damage
- Short range
- Very good attack cooldown
- Short buildduration

Hightech

- 17 towers
- Medium damage
- Excellent range
- Bad attack cooldown
- Long buildduration

Nature

- 17 Tower
- Allrounder - have a bit of erverything

Orcs

- 17 towers
- Good damage
- Very small range
- Good attack cooldown
- Short buildduration

Deamons

- 18 towers
- Medium damage
- Medium attack cooldown
- Medium range
- Nearly each unit has an ability (aura, critical Hit,...)

Light

- 17 towers
- Very high damage
- Medium attack range
- Bad attack cooldown

Elves

- 17 towers
- Medium damage
- Medium attack range
- Medium attack cooldown
- No splash
- Each tower has an ability

That's the map. The creeps spawn, depending on the players, in the water and on the green fields. The final point is the gate at the bottom of the map.

The imported creeps...

The loadscreen...

Elves...

Changelog v.1.7b

-Added a "-zoom XXXX" system
-Remade some creeprounds

Changelog v.1.7

-Fixed a huge Bug which blocked the whole random-spawn-system
-New random spawn at round 2
-Remade round 3

Changelog v.1.6b

-1 new tower
-Some bugfixes & balance changes

Changelog v.1.6

-New unique towers (now 153)
-Barricades
-Remade some old towers, to make the races more individual
-Some bugfixes & balance changes

Changelog v.1.5b

-Small credit, balance & performance fixes

Changelog v.1.5

- Remade many towers
- Towers are built automaticly now
- New lumber-system (+1 lumber every boss-round)
- New food-system (+5 food every boss-round)
- Expensive towers need upgrades now (Upgrades cost 1 lumber)
- Special abilies now require lumber
- Range, damage and attackspeed of all towers can be upgraded (cost 1 lumber)
- Remade Boss-rounds (Now only 1 boss spawns for every player)
- New creep-abilities
- More tower-abilities
- Remade moveregions of grey
- New game-commands
- Remade many hints
- Remade nearly all special-attacks
- Buildtime/Upgrades of expensive towers was set down
- Creeps give less gold, but you receive more extra gold => Gold income was nerfed
- Remade some creeps
- Boss-rounds should be harder now
- Added new abilities to lvl 12 boss and lvl 30 boss
- Level 12 boss has a new imported model
- Banking: Interests are now 5%
- Time till you get your money back is now 10 sec.
- An 1 sec. floating text will be created if a spell is casted by an tower or boss
- Added a few fade-filter effects
- Host now chooses game-modes (host system by ragingspeedhorn)

Changelog v1.4c

-Host bug fixed
-Interface bug fixed

Changelog v.1.4 b

-Demonic towers can be built now.

Changelog v.1.4

- New race: elves
- New towers for each race
- Altogether 23 new towers
- New attack- and armortypes
- Auratower don't boost friendly towers anymore.
- New creepabilities
- New imported creep
- Round 30 is now a boss-round
- Bosses have more hp
- The special abilities have to be bought in the gate's now.
- New Mode: Racepicking
- Ice and Orcs are better now
- Rebalanced all towers and creeps
- Hints were remade

Thanks to the model-makers: EvilYardGnome, ana, Denu, olofmoleman, Dionesiist, Don Dustin, killst4r, Paladon
and to tennis who made the hostsystem.

Keywords:
TD, Chernobyl, Tower, Invasion, Cooperative, ioc, defense
Contents

Invasion of Chernobyl v1.7b (Map)

Reviews
13:26, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2: The map has three votes for approval, as well as my own, Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating. You can find my full review at post #16.

M

13:26, 17th Apr 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The map has three votes for approval, as well as my own, Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

You can find my full review at post #16.

Level 6
i played it and my suggestions are:
-gate to war and gate to ice are weaker than the other races because they are better fitting as a support but not as a powerful single race

-make sell to a spell and not as an unit (will remove the stupid rallypoint setting)

-the air units for grey should fly more iin the middle (currently they fly next to the walls)

-the food limit offers only very small mazing. maybe you should get some extra food with the 2nd builder

Level 3
First, thanx for playing the map and posting your meaning.

-gate to frost: Ok, i will make more damage- and less support-tower or write in the tooltip that this race shouldn't be used at the beginning.

-gate to war: I think gate to war has many damage tower, but many "normal" attack types, so I will change some attack types, but i don't think they're to weak.

-Sell: will be fixed in the next version.

-Grey Air: will be fixed in the next version.

-Food Limit: well... the Problem is, with to much towers the game will cause laggs, but maybe i will give 10 more food with second race.

I think the next version will also have some upgrades for towers and maybe a 9th race.

Last edited:
Level 3
Version 1.3 has been released! I fixed the Sell-Ability, the Air units, added 2 new Towers and I made some Ice and Orc towers better. In round 18 you get now 10 additional Food.

I would be pleased if anyone posts his opinion or bugs which you have found.

Level 14
Here is my review:

Statistics:
Time: 48 Minutes 26 Seconds
Race: Power
Second Race: Fire
Level: 30
Game beaten: Yes

Negative (The most Helpful):

-The ONLY problem I had with this game was that Power seemed too imbalanced compared to the other races. In the end, I was at some crazy number of kills while others were very far behind. That’s the reason I chose Power because fast attacking races tend to be where map-creators trip up.

Moderate (Less major points):

-There were grammar/spelling errors in your chat.

-The food did get annoying, as it did not let me complete my maze.

-It ended somewhat anti-climactic. I had 5000 gold from the last round. I was expecting some sort of ultimate boss.

Positive:

-Besides Power, the races were balanced.

-The races were unique, and each had their own advantages and weaknesses.

-The creeps were unique. For example, there were bosses, air, ground, and special abilities.

-There were NO bugs that I noticed.

-Players had the ability to get multiple races.

-The spawn points were based on players, allowing for any number of players.

-Even the workers could play a part in defending.

Final Rating: 4/5 APPROVED
“This map contains minor errors, and should be fun for most players”

~Asomath

Level 3
K thx for feedback:
-Towerlimit: Yes i know you can't make an extreme long maze, but without the foodlimit the game will cause laggs.
-Power is now weaker
-Round 30: It's now a boss round

@Greeksaga: No it isn't a stalker map. But thank you for the tip.

I updated the map now the new version has many many changes (Changelog at the first post)

I would be pleased if anyone posts his opinion or bugs which were found.

Last edited:
Level 17
This is my review of Invasion of Chernobyl v1.5.

Pros:
-Large number of towers and races.
-Modifications to the game interface were well done.
-The effect displayed when a life was lost was a nice change. It's much more immersive than seeing "you have lost a life, you now have x lives...".
-Selectable difficulties are the host to scale the game according to the number of players, and the skill level of those players.
-Quite a number of features were included; upgradeable towers, and depositing income system really helped polish the map.

Cons:
-You credited Ragingspeedhorn as the author of the GetHost() function. Tennis is the real author. RSH merely created a tutorial on how to use this function.
-The fade out on cinematic made the dialog selection quite frustrating to say the least.
-The terrain could use a few more doodads, and a bit more tile variation. Still, it's decent relative to most TDs.

Rating: 3.0 and recommended for approval.

Level 18
Invasion of Chernobyl v1.5 is a tower defense map, where your goal is to build towers and defend against masses of attacking creatures.

I really can't say much about this map. The terrain is done fairly for a tower defense. It fits the entire theme of the map. Yet a couple of more dodoads wouldn't hurt.

The races are interesting, however they do not contain a lot of towers. You should add more towers to each race. The towers are missing hotkeys. You should add hotkeys for building, since that's one of the essential things in a TD map. And you should write the tooltips better, perhaps add a couple of color tags.

The map is original, a nice theme you used. However after playing it for some time I can't really say it differs much from any other tower defense map.

The packaging is nice, aswell as the crediting. However hvo mentioned the thing about ragingspeehorn that you should fix.

Overall a decent TD, nothing revolutionary or special, yet you will have some fun playing this. Approved with a 3/5 (Useful) rating.

Level 3
I love this map^^ 5/5

Well there are 2 things IMO you could make more races and waves that´s all :xxd:

Last edited:
Level 16
Hi Duff ;)

I've tried playing solo on Normal and beat the game twice on my 3rd and 4th attempt. Enjoyed playing it, especially in the mid levels when I was having fun trying to complete my maze, too bad the game was a bit short. Perhaps you could consider adding more levels?

A few minor errors:

1. Dark towers' 'critical hit' ability. In the builder's tab it was written 2% chance yet in the tower's own ability it was written 3% chance. Exactly which? Lol.

2. Another info error is the tech race's tower. I think it was called BlaZZZers (or something, pardon my bad memory), it was listed as 200 range in the builder's tab but is actually 400 range. Same error with both its upgrade towers.

3. Just a suggestion. For the Night Elf's race there is this hippogryf tower that says it has an ability to stun in the builder's tab. Only when I built it did I read in the tower's ability that it doesn't affect bosses. Perhaps add this info as well into the builder's tab? Was feeling a little cheated coz I was facing a boss during that level ;P

~~~~~
4/5 for now
Add more levels! ;)

Level 3
Hi Wraithling
First I thank you for testing my map.

1. Kk I will fix that
2. Oh really? I have a look at it
3. Well Bosses can't be stuned by any tower (I don't want a stunlock). Maybe I should add this as hint

Well adding more levels makes many players getting bored. My m8s always keep on asking me at round 25 " How many levels do remain"
So I think, a one hour exciting td ist better than 3 houers of building the same towers.

Anyway thank you for your opinion, maybe I will add some special levels.

Level 3
@ MortAr- : The creeps spawn for every player. So if u play alone, 50 creeps will spawn per round. If u play with 7 other players 400 creeps will spawn.

@Freeze87: Oh well I all got them from hiveworkshop, just look at the credits and then search the models at hive.

Level 3
Wow, I loved it, I beat it my first try on normal but it was tough, umm didn't really notice any bugs but I thought the war races trolls were a little op once you upgrade them and get attack speed and attack damage upgrades

good map 5/5

Level 1
as i look - there have not written something ... Great map, I love it, thank you for it. already mentioned here about the race of power, it has a lot of various upgrades, but the race itself is weak ... especially against the beetles first boss. at all - strange. the first boss and the first air is the most hard. that barricades... and of course - general problem - just 30lvl. But, I'm not here for this. i like to play this map, and i faced with one problem. you see, im from kazakhstan, and i playing at russian TD rooms. and russians is not like europians - that minute before ending, they cant sit! they always writing me somethink like "why so easy?", "thats all?", "map is crap!" and leave... they are always leaving. each game i wait for end alone. this is killing me. gotta be good to get v without endtimer... so i hope, what in future you will remove it. or, if you need it - make a command for turn off that timer.
with best regards, and the expectation of new maps. DDRmails