• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Invaders

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Invaders
Version 1.4

Campaign for the naga race where lady Vashj and her hydra companion have to face many enemies and dangers.

Heroes that you play

The campaign has custom environment, models, sounds, spells, effects... It will continue in the second campaign called The Last Expedition.

Preview

Enjoy playing and please comment and rate :)

Credits

Units:
Ampharos_222, armel, dickxunder, Dionesiist, General Frank, HappyTauren, jigrael, Misha, Norinrad, Tarrasque, Tranquil, TurieL, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, wingednosering
Doodads:
Buster, HappyTauren, Nasrudin, olofmoleman, spong3bob, takakenji
Effects/Buffs/Missiles:
JetFangInferno, Pyritie, sPy, Titania, WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Skins:
Enjoy, Dentothor, 67chrome
Icons:
Anachron, CRAZYRUSSIAN, Darkfang, Dentothor, enjoy, Hellx-Magnus, inhuman89, Mr.Goblin, NFWar, Parrothead, Tarrasque
Updates

1. Problem with ships in the first map fixed. (Waiting time has been changed from 2 seconds to 0.)
2. DBTN Command Icons changed.
3. Problem with rescuing turtles in map 3 fixed.

1. Pings added in map 2 to easily find Rokhan and the Fallen wisp.
2. Changed difficulty of 3 masters in map 5.
3. New model of the fallen wisp.
4. New (neutral passive) ghost in map 2.
5. New creeps.
6. New model of the map 1 shaman.
7. New model of Maiev.
8. New model of the Ancient of Lore.
9. Issue with the last cinematic in map 2 fixed.

1. Game cache repaired.
2. Leaks fixed.
3. Deleted Kelen's dagger, so you cannot get through the turtle barrier in map 3.
4. Bug with respawning in map 3 fixed.
5. New cursor.
6. New UI tile.
7. Undiscovered quests added.
8. Changed name of Frost Arrows.
9. Added some blood effects.
10. New item icons.
11. New potion/item models.
12. Icon of 'Invaders' quest in map 1 changed.
13. New crab model.
14. New water elemental model.
15. New magnataur model.
16. New ice golem models.
17. Added gold/potion/item drops from creeps.
18. Item combination system added.
19. New model of satyr.
20. New troll models.
21. New dragon model.
22. Chapters are no longer visible the first time the campaign is loaded. (They show up after completing the level.)

1. New model of Vashj.
2. New model of ancient of lore.
3. New scroll models.
4. New razormane models.
5. Environment changed.
6. New model of druid.
7. New model of dryad.
8. New model of spider.
9. New model of fulborg.
10. New model of Cenarius.
11. Since now, every time you die, you lose experience and money.
12. Extended the size of map 1.
13. New model of key.
14. New model of murloc.
15. New model of hydra.
16. New model of gryphon rider.
17. New model of makrura.
18. New model of Illidan.
19. New model of footman.
20. New model of priest.
21. New model of knight.
22. New model of Keal'thas.
23. New model of tiger.
24. New model of Arthas.
25. New model of Jaina.
26. New model of sorceress.
27. New model of Calypso.
28. New model of Tyrande.
29. New model of resurrection stone.
30. New resurrection stone effect.
Coming in version 1.5

1. New model of Keal'thas.
Keywords:
Naga, Vashj, Illidan, Campaign, Human, Invaders
Contents

Invaders (Campaign)

Reviews
08:26, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Map contains WOW models. (For now, still against rules)
Level 3
When i was playing the first chapter, i didn't get kill credit for one of the ships, and i used iseedeadpeople just to make sure they were all dead.

Level 4
The ships are hidden until you come close to them, so iseedeadpeople won't help you. I don't know which version have you played, but it works perfectly. The bug has been fixed in version 1.1. You have probably missed one.

Last edited:
Level 9
well played through Mission 1 again, good to see much fixed ^^ the Mission improved to a good extend, Good UI, Nice Model Selection, Quests are set well(actually took the burden Of killing the Lil Shaman and seeing if it responds IT DID!) ,Nice item models too
I shall give the 2nd one as I'm done playing.
by that time if you do plan on updating the map I would recommend that you
  • Fix the Edge Screen of the map, if you go to the very edge it doesn't give a good scenery as It does tell me you might had removed boundaries or something
  • The Lillypads you've used are the ones from the Environment, Might be better to use the ones from Water "Floating Lillypads" some Terrainers like to use both in the water for some different effect.
  • The Stone, though I'm still against it, It may require a better animation, the Big Bad Vodoo aura thing doesn't seem to go well with the model as it is a bit bigger than normal unit and speaking of it if you do want the Hero to be Revive-able then why don't you do something like all items lost or maybe lost Exp points, rather a level (just my suggestions :grin:)
  • The Omni Item doesn't seem to be necessary in M1 But as I cant say as I didnt play the next ones(QQ already used it ),The Potions Drops seem to be a bit too much imho as the Hero Revives for free :wink:
  • The Music Is a bit too soft, I can't say if the volume is increaseable by you externally but, would be good if you can put a "increase Ingame Volume"
    (that's what I did to hear the music :goblin_yeah:)

anyways Rating changed to 4/5 keep it up ^^

Level 4
I have downloaded that lily-pads model and imported it and also added experience lose for dying. However, I'm afraid that I cannot do anything with that boundaries in map 1. I had to remove them because the map wasn't large enough. I've also thought about the music; I'll have to do something with it. (Hopefully I'll find the way how to fix it. :D) And about the voodoo aura, I'll search for some other effect tomorrow. Have fun playing :)

P.S. Does anyone know pathways for outland terrains? For Ashenvale it looks like this:
TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashen_Dirt.blp. However, when I write TerrainArt\Outland\Outland_Dirt.blp, it doesn't work. :(

Level 9
I have downloaded that lily-pads model and imported it and also added experience lose for dying. However, I'm afraid that I cannot do anything with that boundaries in map 1. I had to remove them because the map wasn't large enough. I've also thought about the music; I'll have to do something with it. (Hopefully I'll find the way how to fix it. :D) And about the voodoo aura, I'll search for some other effect tomorrow. Have fun playing :)

P.S. Does anyone know pathways for outland terrains? For Ashenvale it looks like this:
TerrainArt\Ashenvale\Ashen_Dirt.blp. However, when I write TerrainArt\Outland\Outland_Dirt.blp, it doesn't work. :(

well considering that is it imported, I surely didn't see any special unique effects with it (it doesn't even move -_-)
about Boundaries there is one way but that would increase map size
but wouldn't matter if you brought in the boundaries again near so yea you can increase the size of the map then put in the boundaries back till where they are needed.

about the Terrain no I don't know much on it.Speaking of it the Terrain (tiles) can be a bit better the Doodad placement gives a really appealing impression but the Tiles (only at few places) isn't very well used.

Level 9
Lol, it's been imported in version 1.4 :grin:
And I really don't know how to increase the map size. I tried to do it but it didn't work. If you know how to increase it, just write it please. :)

Go to Scenario --> Map Size and Boundaries
here if you click on Modify bounds you will be able to increase the size by the edges using those buttons
for how I mentioned earlier the best way for you would be increase 1 from each side and press ok (keep increasing 1 each time from each side when it says you need some multiple of 32) one time or another it will go and then you can bring in the boundaries back in while will remove that not so good effect ^^

Level 4
I keep getting an annoying bug in Chapter 2 where I cant select Illidan in a group with everybody else, it's like it sees him as a controllable ally, not actually one of my unit and thus cant be selected at the same time as the rest of my units (only started happening after I crossed the river and got the Furbolgs to join my group)

Can you fix/improve things show here:
  • Crab
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Crab2 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in Crab1 <gen>)) Equal to 0
          • (Triggering unit) Equal to Vashj
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Point = (Center of Crab3 <gen>)
          • Unit - Create 2 Spider Crab Limbripper for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
          • Unit - Create 1 Spider Crab Shorecrawler for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
will work like this as well :)
  • Crab
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Crab2 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to Vashj
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units in Crab1 <gen>)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 2 Spider Crab Limbripper for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Create 1 Spider Crab Shorecrawler for Neutral Hostile at Point facing Default building facing degrees
        • Else - Actions
Remove do nothing from all your triggers :)

Oh reduce mp3 file bit rate:
64 will work!
This will reduce map size by 20 MB for sure!

Get rid of those 0.5 MB models, you can find nice replacement here :)
More people will download map with lower size :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 136
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 139
Level 4
So I got to the map where you face Arthas and I have to say... your storyline starts to fall apart there. Vashj randomly being kidnapped, Illidan randomly looking for the tomb of Sargaras, and then you randomly throw in Nelios with NO buildup or any previous mention of him... he's just suddenly there, and for some reason he's suddenly in charge.

Gameplay flaws... I still have difficulty selecting Illidan when also trying to select other units. The traitor Murloc attacked my base on his own and got killed before I even went out to find him >_>; Sylvanas appeared in the center of my base and used starshower or whatever it's called... but she was invincible when she did it so I just had to let her virtually destroy my entire base... once her Ult attack was over, she stopped being invincible but by then It was already too late and I was destroyed by a double sided battleship attack.

Also you should add in new items... basically there are 4 great items... Mask of Death, Ring of Protection +5, Crown of Kings, and Arcinite Shield... my lvl 15 Illidan is equipped with 2 Masks of Death (100% damage converted into health), 2 Rings of Protection +5's (+10 armor), and 2 Arcinite Shields (+10 armor, +140% ranged attack damage reduction)... very plain build and yet my Illidan is virtually unkillable... I send him into enemy bases alone and he still ends up never going below half his life (and if he does start to get hurt, I just transform him into a demon and he becomes unstoppable)... I'd just like to see more variety of good items.

EDIT: Oh, and I had Illidan go into the arena and kill the 3 Masters... but nothing happened... so I killed the 3 of them again... and again nothing happened, I was stuck there the door to go forward wouldn't open, and the archway to go back was blocked off by a shield... so I had to quit before I could finish the level cause I couldn't go forward and I couldn't go back, and after the 3rd time killing the Masters, I just gave up.

Last edited:
Level 8
This campaign contains some flaws, above there are listed... AND why you use wow models? :O I mean... if you use regular or really custom models this campaign will be not substandard.

One of the theme song is amazing.

Level 13
.....and so for over 10 years no one can tell why the game freezes on Chapter 5 after Illidan finds the source of Sergaras and has to escape in 6 minutes? Is there a way to avoid it? Are there more levels? Shame!
Although the campaign has other bugs, this one is quite fatal. Deserved 1/5 because the game is fishy, you put up with the minor flaws 1 serious but not fatal bug and finally a sudden end. Very disappointing.

EDIT: My mistake! The campaign features 8 levels 7 of which are playable. Chapter 5 - game over. For me, this campaign is and has remained at the Demo level. Pity. 4/5

Last edited: