1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Introducing the Trigger Viewer

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Awesome new tool, indeed.

I want to point out, though, that it doesn't seem to work for campaigns,
    showing the message that the map was protected.

Just suggesting to replace the message for campaigns or, if that is not possible,
    change it to "This map is protected or a campaign file".
    Not a big deal, though, just wanted to let you know. =)

2. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Campaign is not a map file, it's a collection of maps.

The button shouldn't even be included for campaigns.

3. EdgeOfChaos

EdgeOfChaos

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Very nice feature! Thank you
    Only one issue: there's no syntax highlighting for JASS codes

The part I'm most excited about is the .w3g format specification. Maybe now I can finally write some GUI restoration tools... I've tried to parse these before, couldn't understand it at all.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  4. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah yes, campaigns. It's on my list. Would be nice if each map was extracted and available with a trigger viewer each.
    Ah. With this new spec I believe it should be easier, but I think this topic is too close to talking about map de-protection which we aren't permitted to.

5. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    You've got some nice lil' feature going on. I checked it and it works. Well, there were a couple of protected maps but that's another story ^^

Cheers.

6. 1)ark_NiTe

1)ark_NiTe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's a pretty incredible feature. Good job Ralle. Once I get rid of enough of the embarrassing 10 year old code in my mod I'll be sure to unprotect so everyone can laugh at my feeble attempt at improvement :p

7. Silva

Silva

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sweet addition.

8. Arhowk

Arhowk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did you have any plans of open sourcing the code? I'm working on recreating the trigger editor for DotA 2 and it would be nice to see some of the styling and the mechanics used in trigger files.

9. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a fucking amazing idea and so cool and seems perfectly executed. <3
    The only thing that really seems to be missing is the ability to copy it right off the site and paste it directly into WC3.

Is this going to work with Galaxy Script for StarCraft II maps as well?

10. map designer

map designer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I will see this... sometime :3

11. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @deepstrasz It's not about being lazy, it's about further convenience and simplification of the process to make it even easier for people to grab code off the site to put into their map. You shouldn't even have to download the map just to get some code, I mean it's possible for someone to just put all of their JASS/vJASS code into a Forum Thread or even in the description of a map in the Maps/Spells/Systems section with no actual downloading or opening in the Editor of the map required. This can only actually be done with JASS/vJASS though because GUI variables are handled in the Variable Manager which you don't get direct copy/pasting capability to like with JASS/vJASS, at least not without also using JASS. his could probably be got around by making it copy the variables section of the Trigger View as a normal trigger that has all the variables in it like those maps.

12. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know. Most of the work lies in parsing those exotic file formats and cross referencing names of objects. The rest is UI in HTML/CSS which you can read off the site directly. I don't think that in your case it will really be much help.
    Now THAT would be awesome. I have no idea how to do that. Not sure if I can create such rich copy-paste on the web.
    That wasn't planned and due to how inactive SC2 is, I am not sure it will be worth it.

13. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Is there no just direct byte editing of the clipboard? Maybe there are some exploits you could do with certain text or image formats that could make the data of said text or image correspond directly to how a trigger get's put into the clipboard when copying from in the Trigger Editor?

Maybe when it is finally possible to make that fully community-made World Editor, like you mentioned in OP, it could be much easier because it could interpret text as a trigger (So you could just copy the text from the website and paste it in the Trigger Editor and it'll create a new trigger). I dunno.

14. ChinChopperChinChopper!(

ChinChopperChinChopper!(

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow very nice! It is certainly very useful! Congrats!!!

15. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't think that's possible.

That is still possible. Both if it is 100% web based but also if it's a new desktop app which I think people would prefer anyway.

16. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not sure exactly what you want but of course one could inspect the clipboard data the WE trigger editor employs as it already has copy/paste. The other question is if there is binary clipboard setting functionality in web development, which I have not seen before but oh well, a short google search -> Copy to clipboard BINARY data in browsers

What I would like to see on the download page is additional player/force data information, basically the slots you see in the game lobby because when we had our Funmap Evenings before for example, you would have to host/open the map in order to know the setup to then decide if the map makes sense to play with the currently available playerbase. The force/player information is in .w3i. You can check out GitHub - inwc3/wc3libs: general java wc3libs (wc3libs/W3I.java at master · inwc3/wc3libs · GitHub). I am currently busy IRL, maybe Frotty can help you out further if required.

17. GhostWolf

GhostWolf

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I tested the clipboard idea for a bit. While you can copy-as-text things to the clipboard, a normal copy/paste doesn't seem to use the clipboard.

18. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thats smart. What do you think @Ralle

19. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ah, interesting. Very good idea. Will look into it. Where do you see this integrated? Trigger Viewer?

20. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's definitely no script code. As I would expect this as a picture or lobby-like table, put a link next to the "Players" information in Contents compartment and make it spawn a popup?