• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Internet Explorer, Firefox, Other

What browser do you use?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Firefox

Votes: 28 75.7%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to know what kind if internet browser you use.. If you vote other; please specify.

I currently use IE7 and a home made browser :p

Level 4
I want to know what kind if internet browser you use.. If you vote other; please specify.

I currently use IE7 and a home made browser :p

Translation:
I want to increase my postcount, threadcount and to recieve additional rep. I care jacksh1t for your opinions. NOW VOTE AND GIEV REP!

Sorry, had to do it:grin:
Yeah..To me IE6 was more appealing than IE7. After installing IE7 I suddenly wandered upon so many strange errors, and random addon failing. Though I realize that IE6 had more than 100 possible holes, through which evildoers could 'manage' your daily computer life, but coupled with a good firewall and web anti-virus software (like Kaspersky), you could be sure that such things won't happen.

Level 15
I use FireFox 3 under Linux and windows, occasionally use IE7 under windows (if I need to log in twice to a site), and use lynx at the unix shell.

Level 14
I use FireFox 3 under Linux and windows, occasionally use IE7 under windows (if I need to log in twice to a site), and use lynx at the unix shell.

I use IE as well, when I need to log into a site twice.

I have Windows and use Firefox. If I'm in the mood I use Safari (came with one of my ipod's updates).

Level 11
I use Firefox because I am not a sadistic fuck who hates web developers.

[Note: I am more than a little bitter, having spent countless hours trying to get IE to display shit the same way the rest of the world displays it. Fuck IE, and anyone who uses it as their main browser.]

I use Opera if I have to log on to one site twice at once.

Level 4
Not enough poll options. I use Opera. It is the most secure web browser (at least it was last time i checked) and is the easiest to use. Plus Opera invented the awesome Speed Dial

Level 8
I user Firefox 3 on my windows desktop and Safari + Firefox 3 on my mac.

I've really come to like the consistency of using Firefox across platforms as I use Linux aswell.

Level 3
Firefox 3 on XP & Ubuntu. IE7 crashes when I close it so i avoid it. Firefox 3 is amazing when you compare it to something like Safari (or IE which is windows explorer with a face-lift)

@Don Corleone: What sort of homemade browser you have? PM me.

Level 3
Um...it's true though.

From Wikipedia:
Also, with the release of Windows Vista and Windows Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP, Internet Explorer is no longer integrated with Windows Explorer. Unlike older versions, Windows Explorer does not host Internet Explorer controls in its own process, rather it launches a new process when necessary. In Windows Vista (and in Windows XP as well if IE7 is installed), Windows Explorer no longer displays web pages, and IE7 does not support use as a file manager, although one will separately launch the other as necessary.
Windows Explorer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Level 11
... IE was heavily integrated with Explorer for many versions of windows, to the extent of being a single process. With XP (And possibly 2000 or even NT) Explorer <-> IE integration was heavily down. I think Explorer may still use IE's rendering engine in XP. (Which is an OS component, and not truthfully part of IE itself. How the heck do you think you can display a web page as part of your desktop? Magic?) IE 7 basically removes any and all integration between the shell and IE.

Saying "IE is windows explorer with a face-lift" is beyond being a gross simplification. It's just wrong.

Level 3
I think Explorer may still use IE's rendering engine in XP.

Isn't it the opposite?

I was only mentioning (Explorer->IE) to expose some of weaknesses of previous versions of IE and IE7. My point was simply: It's based off a file manager!!

Also, surprised no one has mentioned Browzar...http://www.browzar.com/

EDIT: Downloading Opera 9.51 for a Firefox vs. Opera

Level 11
It's based off a file manager!

With the release of the Windows Desktop Update (packaged with Internet Explorer 4.0 as an optional component, and included in Windows 98), Windows Explorer became based on Internet Explorer technology, most notably with the addition of navigation arrows (back and forward) for moving between recently visited directories, as well as Internet Explorer’s Favorites menu. At the time these changes raised antitrust concerns about the incorporation of what was seen as an application feature, but this feature has since been emulated by most other file browsers.
If XP SP2 is upgraded to Internet Explorer 7, explorer.exe no longer hosts Internet Explorer ActiveX controls with a view to render HTML files, it instead spawns off a new iexplore.exe process.
Windows Explorer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... Need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.