• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Install Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Since a lot of people are having some issues installing, i decided to do this guide.

1. Download file one from this thread.
  2. Extract RtC v0.10b.exe somewhere and run it, it's a self-extracting archive so it will ask for a path.
  3. Type in the location you desire, for example "C:\", it's independent of wc3, so anywhere you'd like will work.
  4. When you create a map, you have to import the "common.j" file included, to enable the natives. Should be imported to "scripts\common.j"

The application you'll probably want to use are:
  • RtC.exe - this one will start Warcraft III with RCN and WarSoc automatically injected. It will also check if your war3.exe is corrupted and will attempt to fix it if you allow it to.
  • RtCLaucher.exe - an automatic launcher for RtC, it list all maps in a specific directory (default is Maps) and allow you to automatically run warcraft and load the selected map.
  • RtCInstall.exe - a tool to ease adding common.j to a map, just find your map, select the APIs, press Install and a generated common.j should be added automatically.

Might be a very short guide, but really, that's all there is to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Well the "no limits" thing has very little to do with this project, it's not a part of RtC.
It comes with Jass NewGen along with some others. Our project is just custom natives.

The player limit will not work in a manner that you can suddenly use more than 12 slots. It will instead be a single player game with a completely customized internet package manipulation.
But no, it's not quite finished yet.

Level 4
Ok, so i just downloaded and extracted to desktop and whatnot...but what do I do with the folder? It has tons of files in it and stuff...I tried to run the RtCInstall...I selected a map but it froze my computer...then the RtCLauncher did nothing..so I selected the regular RtC.exe file; all it did was open Warcraft...I dont see anything special about this...:wthumbsdown::wthumbsdown:

Level 7
> I dont see anything special about this
You're not supposed to. Try playing the demo map inside the Maps folder (move it to your Warcraft's Maps folder first) and you'll see.
It is rather odd that RtCLauncher doesn't work. Do you get an error message or something? Which OS do you use? Try delete RtCLauncher.ini and then run it again.

Level 4
Im using Windows Xp. And also, i deleted my whole file and redownloaded. Everything works now. I tried the demo map and it was really awesome, but what exactly is RtC supposed to do? I mean..you upload maps to it and you can host them from there, but no one can join? What exactly are planning to do with this?

Level 1
Okay. First of all: Hi All! I am totally new here, hope that you will welcome me well. :)

Well.. being pretty new, i dont know how to use this probably. I saw the clip on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t9NWViPrE and i quickly got from there to here. I want to do the same as in the video.

1: Is this all i need??

Okay.. i Downloaded the program, and installed it in a folder of its own in my warcraft directory. I think its correctly installed. I got 1.21b version of Warcraft, and it is'nt cracked.
Well.. I cant open any maps with the program! I first opened The RTC-launcher. I added "Goblins in Space" to my maps as i read i should on this site.. I just cant open it! Not with normal Warcraft nor the RTC-program. When i click "Start Game" it just do nothing..
i can open any other map with the RTC-program, but there is no difference of opening them in Warcraft 3 or in the RTC-program.
Everytime i add the Common.J file to any map using the RTC-Launcher, it wont open anymore.. (though i havent tried with blizzard maps, only with my own quick-made maps)

2: Whats wrong??

Okay.. And one more thing: I think there is a problem with closing the program. (Both the world editor and the RTC-program) When i close the program and sooner opening it again, it says that it is already running. (And i just closed it..) The only way solving this is to restart the PC.

3: How to fix this?? xD

Hoped you understand my problem.. It got a bit messed up.

Level 3
>When you create a map, you have to import the "common.j" file included, to enable the natives. Should be imported to "scripts\common.j"
Is it possible to import it in an allready created map or do I have to remake it?

Level 3
I use Warcraft 3 patch 1.22a newest.
I read install guide and do it but there is error " ijl15.dll not found"
I copy ijl15.dll & mss32.DLL TO BIN & ROOT FOLDER BUT IT WON'T WORK.
cAN YOU HELP ME ?

Level 3
I use Warcraft 3 patch 1.22a newest.
I read install guide and do it but there is error " ijl15.dll not found"
I copy ijl15.dll & mss32.DLL TO BIN & ROOT FOLDER BUT IT WON'T WORK.
cAN YOU HELP ME ?
Is there RtC version for 1.22 patch

Level 2
Just one question this this aply to all my maps or the ones a chose and can a have multiple units and how to control them one by one??Plz answer.

Level 14
Umm, I've downloaded the RtC and unzipped it and let the self-extracting, I try to run the "RtCLauncher.exe" and I must choose the War III directory folder, I chose the one with version 1.21 ( I have 2 type : 1.21 for gaming and 1.20 for mapping ), but It says " Failed to load ijil15.dll! " I tried to select the 1.20 ones but it says the same, what's happening? =(

Status
Not open for further replies.