• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

INKTOBER 2016 - JOIN IN ON THE FUN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every October, artists all over the world take on the InkTober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month.

I created InkTober in 2009 as a challenge to improve my inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.

Anyone can do InkTober, just pick up a pen and start drawing.
(description from the author)

319c74ab8d74a39e-2016promptlist.jpg

Inktober rules:
1) Make a drawing in ink (you can do a pencil under-drawing if you want).

2) Post it online

3) Hashtag it with #inktober and #inktober2016

4) Repeat

Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. INKtober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.
That's it! Now go make something beautiful.

I invite everyone to jump in the inktober wagon and post their daily ink art on this thread :D
Once over I'll do a showcase of the best artworks and post it on facebook and twitter! Let's be awesome folks!

I'll do a compilation of the best drawings on the top post. Then I'll invite @StoPCampinGn00b or @Keiji or anyone involved in the communication departement to make a gallery on the hive's facebook page and twitter to showcase the best drawings :D If the hive can attract more people into the art section it means I'm succeding at my job.

Level 16
I'll do a compilation of the best drawings on the top post. Then I'll invite @StoPCampinGn00b or @Keiji or anyone involved in the communication departement to make a gallery on the hive's facebook page and twitter to showcase the best drawings :D If the hive can attract more people into the art section it means I'm succeding at my job.
now you're making me more dedicated! :D

Level 15
My creativity and imagination are really suck, I'm just gonna wait for other people's entry.
Also, I still have one day left to hone my inking skillz...... -_- damn I thought today is 31 September.

My creativity and imagination are really suck, I'm just gonna wait for other people's entry.
Also, I still have one day left to hone my inking skillz...... -_- damn I thought today is 31 September.
don't worry about it mate :D the whole point of the inktober is to get better :D no mather the starting point!

One last question Xd, all my submissions must follow strictly the daily themes of the prompt list? Or I can draw whatever I want?

What ever you want, the theme list is just an extra challenge or to help people to come up with an idea :D

Digital ink?

No :S all has to be done traditidionnally!

FYI, I've made my drawing already, just need a camera to post it here, you'll see the drawings of the week-end this monday :D

Level 15
uh.. thats for me, or for strajder?
lol this is so funny.
Thanks MG, I will post mine on a few hours (´ﻌ`)
Edit. : this is my first entry for today Xd, maybe I will add more later <3
whoa that was fast. also, i cant see it full because currently i am downloading ios update. it took 5 minutes to download it with IDM (´ﻌ`) edit: oh my, nice one! soon i will reach your level (´ﻌ`)
FYI, I've made my drawing already, just need a camera to post it here, you'll see the drawings of the week-end this monday :D
Get ready for the ultimate arts on this week-end!!

And I will post mine soon, got some idea. I tried to draw some with pen yesterday, and the results are worst than my first time drawing with pencil (´ﻌ`)

Inktober Day 2: I need better pens, better sheets, and a better mood u. u

very nice! :O hope you find what you need so we can see more drawings! :D

So as I only discovered this in October 3rd, I'll have to do more drawings to compensate =P

I just did these today during class.

ooooh that pocket troll is fantastic! :O

Level 16
A werecat of some sorts, probably a tiger.
Gonna do some adjustments to fill the theme.

Attachments

• 20161004_183600.jpg
    20161004_183600.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
Level 15
o_O soooo aaammmaazzziinnngggg!! All of it!!! Motivated me for a while, then make me frustted :|
I always made an unfixable mistake when drawing with pen :(
I really like Master Goblin's second day. Also H-Kurt's fourth day, really cute.

Uh wait, so its okay not to follow the day themes?
The first goal of inktober is to simply push people to draw more with traditionnal mediums.

Now, some people just make a doodle of what ever they want... and that,s alright :D
some people only make a doddle every 2 days too... and that's alright as well, as long as they are practicing their craft!

and there's some people, like me, who tries to make a drawing every single day following the given theme of the day and get creative based from it. :D (The list is on the first post)

So ya! it's up to you to challenge yourself :D

Level 15
Finished my Day 1 "Fast". It's the Flash try to catch A nuka cola while Green Lantern catch his foot. Looks kinda weird :/ I want to cry now :( I'll try make it daily from day 8.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 94
Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i'm don't have any intention to join into the party, but i need to blow off some steam ><

Attachments

• 20161006_185248.jpg
    20161006_185248.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 125
Level 15
@H-Kurt Whoa, I also has some Fallout stuff soon XD
@Wisdom Thats looks extreme o.o

And here is my Day 4, Hungry. She is hungry for... something else. Expression is not as good as NFWar's, but I'll learn more XD Day 2 and 3 still on progress lol. I think I getting better with this ink thingy :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
Level 15
Day 2 Noisy. Wonder Woman, Batman, and Robin. Damn i'm so tired. Only need to make day 5 and 6 and 7 then I'm safe.

Cant wait for day 27. I have a crazy idea about "HK" XD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Level 11
#Inktober
Day 6 - hidden

full

"Bessy and the innocuous rock"

I believe the color that Eddings write with is some sort of chemical-type ink so I thought I'd try something new. Detailing with that thing is fun though. A rough sketch has been done beforehand.

Never knew something like Inktober existed. Very nice @Mr.Goblin . ;)

Last edited:
Never knew something like Inktober existed. Very nice @Mr.Goblin . ;)

You're welcome! :D

---

For myself, I have yet to finish yesterday's inktober and do the one for today.... if all fails, I'll catch up on the train this week-end when I'll have more spare times! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.