• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Initial D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Currently starting in on a project, making an initial D styled map, racing.

I still need several types of people.

Scripter (Will have the challenging job as to how to define how the cars move, basically the physics engine)

UV Mapper/Texture Artist (I myself am a modeler, but suck when it comes down to exporting a uv template and painting it in)

Map Designer (Someone who will be up to the challenge to make several mountain passes (touges) and to reproduce the city in which most of the dialog takes place in the show.

I am merely searching for a team, I don't even intend to always lead it, but please contact me via the forums, or by my email. [email protected]

Thank you.

EDIT:

Detailed Job Descriptions:

Terrainer - Preferably will be fluent in Japanese culture, know what Initial D is, and will be in charge of re-designing the city from the series, into war3, where I will take over modeling.

UV Map/Texture Artist - Will need to take my models, import them, UV map, and complete the texture in photoshop.

Scripter - Will be in charge of making the game commands and physics "Car" like, arrow key movement, sliding around corners, etc etc...

Last edited:
Level 7
Here's some of the start of the artwork, for those who might be interested, so far 5,000 before welding and optimization.

skyline.jpg

Level 7
Well I know there are ways to "slide" units like in a drift, and I know you can do FPS style camera work. I don't know HOW to do it, I'm not a programmer/scripter, I'm an artist - and an Initial D fan.

Mainly people I need are the texture artist, terrain mapper, and trigger/camera/physics scripter.

Level 2
:infl_thumbs_up: Hello ! I have some ideas . I'm wondering did you played before NFS ? Thats because if you're making Initial-D . I think you can make better if making NFS . Since NFS have turbos,sprint race,time race,MPH race,etc. :xxd: By the way , your models are perfect . I LOVE IT !

Status
Not open for further replies.