• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Inexistent Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a big problem with models , everytime i try to play with one , after i installed it at the unit editor , it appears as a circular shadow on the ground that cant be selected or moved even do in the world editor the model looks fine , heck , i even copy and pasted a model from a campaign that the model works to see what would happen and still , just a shadow on the ground .

Level 3
Does the model have a custom texture? And when you import custom model you need to delete the "War3imported/" thing. For example if you downloaded some model named "Wizard" when you import it, you should put the path: "Wizard.mdl" or Wizard.mdx.

I made custom paths for the textures like units/crossbowman.mdx for the crossbowman model and still i got the same result

Level 25
When you download a model, if there is a texture with it,
just above the download button there is a text called

Import the skins to the following paths:

For example, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/questioner-266172/

Import the skins to the following paths:
Questioner.blp

Make sure you import the texture to the correct path.
It doesn't matter what path you import the model to, it can be roffelcopter/awesome/superduper/crossbowman.mdx if you feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.