• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classic Jaina Improved(+whitehair variant)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
So, I got back to her model for my map a year ago and retouched it midly couple of times, coming back on some changes that i realized made her less like herself(like forhead and eyebrow wrap edit, or excessively zoomed in portrait) I prioritiezed as faithful look as much while still improving on subpar texturing elements and details on the model this includes:

Updates:
-Brown inner lining of her cape matching her hoodie,
-full lining inside her hoodie and no clipping/z-fighting of inside and outside textures as they are all now one sided.
-both versions use same upscaled 512 by 512 texture with alternate hair and other details for the Staff and cape lining edit for simplicity.
-crystal uses the og staff texture instead of brilliance icon one.
-her other shoulderpad got teamcoulour and is now complete, and just smaller with animations on the cape adjusted to avoid clipping.
-both portrait and ingame model are now one.
-adjusted lots of minor things in animations to reduce clipping mostly through the cape, or to recreate shoulder pad angle from og portrait in optimized unified model which had it lowered

Next time i will come around Thrall on foot i think, and with Jaina completely new mesh for Jaina to give her proper HQ/peak classic treatment following my concept but with og proportions.

Enjoy!
(i also got rid of the old description because it was a bit excessive RIP)
Special thanks to Ujimasa Hojo for his optimized models that i use as a basis for my edits so there is no need for separate work on the portrait!
Previews
Contents

Jaina Proudmoore improved SD model v2 (Model)

Jaina Proudmoore improved SD model v2(White hair) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Too small changes to make a real difference. Using a custom texture that is not really edited that much itself is quite useless. Substandard material.
Level 14
Too small changes to make a real difference. Using a custom texture that is not really edited that much itself is quite useless.
Substandard material.
Well i updated it midly, i hope atleast now it isnt substandard anymore? xD
More visible tweaks and fixes, face is back to og wrapping because hiving her angrier brows makes her a bit too different looking and makes her forehead too big so its back to how it was(atleast until i come around making a full remake more in vain of how her cutscene model in BFA cutscenes looks like but that may be in like a year or two so xd) Inside lining of her cape is now brown just loke hoodie, lots of minor in and outside cliping/zfigting got fixed, eyes are more in line with her og teal coloured ones.
i kind of wanted to redo some of the mesh work for boots, shinguards, arms and shoulderpad like i done for Arthas model for my map(one of several dosen model edits i didnt share here atleast not for now.. i may when i finally deem my worthy of submitting here....i dunno.... xS)
Is it enough to get it out of substandard for now before i inevitably? xd

Level 14
What's the update?
Redone the edit, went back on changes to her faces except for new eyes but with accurate colour instead older "blue" blue(it was same as arthas')
Inside of the cape is brown just likw her hoodie was in original model, Shoulder pad under the cape is fully modelled woth team colour with animation tweaks to minimize clipping issues as much as possible.
Its based of unified model from.ujimasa hojo so portrait and ingame model are one and the same limiting amount of imports needed, texture is upscaled and includes all extra bits for the staff and white hair variant of Jaina.