• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Importing Systems + Getting Them Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
depends on what the systems do. which systems are they? you should look in the system trigger and find the requirements. copy the system and the requirements.
follow the system's instructions if it has instructions. if not, then post a link to the system or post it here so we can look at it.

Level 14
I think it shouldn't be hard to import. And btw the code/comments look pretty clean. I don't know which tesh config you use SanKaku that it is hard to read.

Well whatever. Since I think you just use the GUI Part of the system it shouldn't be hard at all. You just need to read the documentation and the examples. Im sick of reading those stuff. If you guys don't even get a system like this working you maybe should just make your own system so that you understand how systems like this work. -.-

Level 5
I think it shouldn't be hard to import. And btw the code/comments look pretty clean. I don't know which tesh config you use SanKaku that it is hard to read.

Well whatever. Since I think you just use the GUI Part of the system it shouldn't be hard at all. You just need to read the documentation and the examples. Im sick of reading those stuff. If you guys don't even get a system like this working you maybe should just make your own system so that you understand how systems like this work. -.-

Well, so I did indeed import your System, Hanky. It resulted in failure of my map(As in it would not open).

That was a few days ago. Just yesterday I got the same problem, but without a system, so I can't blame it on the systems.

Level 13
nothing wrong with my tesh, hanky, but i hate scrolling from side to side to read things that are in the editor. do you even notice how ridiculous the spacing looks in the introduction? i understand that some of it is an elaborate work of art, but still...it's a pain to read.
there is so much empty space that at the beginning this is all i can read without scrolling over:
Description: This system is there to mak

anyways...from what i can tell, there are 3 documentation triggers that don't explain how to use the system, which might still be useful, but i'dput that in a comments section in the main trigger, seems a betterplace.

i would say we must copy over the 4 testing triggers listed under save and load example.
of course we need to copy over the trigger iGen x2. that's the system itself.

as for how exactly to edit the triggers InitTypes, Save GUI, Load GUI, and SNL TestScript, i don't know but i think that's the hardest part. i'll be looking at those triggers in further detail later, probably i'll convert them to custom text so they're easier to read.

ah! this comment should help:
Code:
A short description for every single parameter I use in my example:
parameter[0]            = There I save the unit type of the hero.
parameter[1] - [6]     = There I save the different items the hero is wearing.
parameter[7]            = There I save the experience of the hero.
parameter[8]            = There I save the amount of gold gathered by the owning player of the hero.
parameter[9]            = There I save the amount of wood gathered by the owning player of the hero.
parameter[10] - [13] = There I save the ability levels of the hero.

Always remember that you have to set the maximal size for every single parameter otherwise it'll saved incorrect.
load trigger has a comment almost exactly the same, the last sentence is replaced with: Remember to set the maximal parameter size exactly to the one you setted in the save trigger otherwise the iGen won't be able to load your hero correct.

Last edited:
Level 14
Wow it seems that you are using a pretty small solution for your screen. Since I got no problems with reading it. I don't even need to scroll much. And btw this text above the iGen system don't explain the system ;) It just give info who did it, in what language blablabla.

Well what is so hard to just load your datas into the damn array and reload it again? I even made it for GUI users... this really shouldn't be hard. And the InitTypes is just an example how to use the system intelligent and with the smallest possible save/load string size. In the end just the Save/Load GUI + SNL + iGen Stuff is important for you. SNL and iGen just have to be copy pasted. Pretty hard ey? And then you just need to enter the parameter in the Save/Load GUI stuff. Yeah but I know writing some stuff into array variables is pretty hard. I should modify the script like that you say something and it automaticly enter it for you. /ragequit

Well I see the comment looks pretty bad formated. But the funny thing is that in my editor it look well formated. And I won't update the documentation just because of that.

Yes because it is pretty much the same. Just that it do the invert action.

Level 13
Wow it seems that you are using a pretty small solution for your screen. Since I got no problems with reading it. I don't even need to scroll much. And btw this text above the iGen system don't explain the system ;) It just give info who did it, in what language blablabla.

Well what is so hard to just load your datas into the damn array and reload it again? I even made it for GUI users... this really shouldn't be hard. And the InitTypes is just an example how to use the system intelligent and with the smallest possible save/load string size. In the end just the Save/Load GUI + SNL + iGen Stuff is important for you. SNL and iGen just have to be copy pasted. Pretty hard ey? And then you just need to enter the parameter in the Save/Load GUI stuff. Yeah but I know writing some stuff into array variables is pretty hard. I should modify the script like that you say something and it automaticly enter it for you. /ragequit

Well I see the comment looks pretty bad formated. But the funny thing is that in my editor it look well formated. And I won't update the documentation just because of that.

Yes because it is pretty much the same. Just that it do the invert action.

1024 isn't small width. anyway, my screen is quite small, 1024x600 is the max it goes to. usually a screen will do something like 1024x768 or whatever. bigger and better screens will have higher resolutions, but mine peaks out at the above mentioned resolution. it's the main reason why i get angry with all the 4 space tabbing nonsense. at any rate, it just adds insult to injury when people make comments with huge spacing like that. although i understand from your comment it's obvious you did it in a way to make your comments become centered for the resolution. problem is if someone edits the size of that section of the trigger editor. of course my section for that is quite big, but as i already said the screen size is small so that means very little. anyway, even if i plugged in my other computer monitor i'd be getting more vertical space and not more horizontal space.

there are a lot more annoying comments from other system makers, just pointing out the minor annoyance here.

Level 6
1024 isn't small width. anyway, my screen is quite small, 1024x600 is the max it goes to. usually a screen will do something like 1024x768 or whatever. bigger and better screens will have higher resolutions, but mine peaks out at the above mentioned resolution. it's the main reason why i get angry with all the 4 space tabbing nonsense. at any rate, it just adds insult to injury when people make comments with huge spacing like that. although i understand from your comment it's obvious you did it in a way to make your comments become centered for the resolution. problem is if someone edits the size of that section of the trigger editor. of course my section for that is quite big, but as i already said the screen size is small so that means very little. anyway, even if i plugged in my other computer monitor i'd be getting more vertical space and not more horizontal space.

there are a lot more annoying comments from other system makers, just pointing out the minor annoyance here.

It's optimized for a standard screen. So don't dare to blame him for his layout! 1280x1024 is standard. Nowadays you could even say the new Wide Screen Format 1280x800 1440x900 1680x1050 is standard.
And by the way, its so easy to use this system if you keep your mouth shut and read the article twice before posting trolls on the forums.
If you have trouble understanding how the system works, alright. But really, all you need to do is copy the example and adapt it to your needs.

Level 13
It's optimized for a standard screen. So don't dare to blame him for his layout! 1280x1024 is standard. Nowadays you could even say the new Wide Screen Format 1280x800 1440x900 1680x1050 is standard.
And by the way, its so easy to use this system if you keep your mouth shut and read the article twice before posting trolls on the forums.
If you have trouble understanding how the system works, alright. But really, all you need to do is copy the example and adapt it to your needs.

i didn't blame him for his layout, i merely pointed out a flaw.
if "If you have trouble understanding how the system works, alright. But really, all you need to do is copy the example and adapt it to your needs." is true, and i'm not saying it's not, then how come he can't have a comment saying that?
this is about what he said for instructions:
"You don´t need more than 10 minutes to set this
system up.
If you experience problems with the iGen or have suggestions to improve,
feel free to drop me a message on the hiveworkshop or write
me a mail to "[email protected]".
For all who don´t know how to work with the iGen just check the example out.
Im pretty sure it´s easy to understand."

yeah, pretty much the necessary information is there, but it's a little scattered. it could be improved upon. that's all i really meant, not that the system was lacking necessary instructions, but that the instructions were a little bit scattered. after all he has like 3 comment triggers when he could've put those comments in the main system trigger. then he makes about 3 small pieces of instruction throughout the FAQ area instead of combining them. everything is scattered throughout the comments, even the spaces are there to push the comments out of sight as i complained about earlier.
at any rate you can't deny you're still disregarding the trigger editor tesh code window size no matter what resolution it is when you develop the introduction comments to be centered. it'll only work for someone with the exact same tesh code trigger editor window width size as you. i'm not saying it's a big deal, if that's the way you want it, it's not hard for someone to change it, i'm just pointing out that you're sacrificing something for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.