• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Imported models not showing up (texture problem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So... well... I have two problems... one of 'em is that the WE crashes whenever i try to have a unit use a reskin of the Acolyte i made... no problems importing it,though. I converted it to .blp and all,so i don't see what the problem could be. Maybe i f**ked up the conversion or something? Anyone else having this problem?

The second one is that my two other reskins aren't showing up. Like... they do in WE,but ingame they are invisible. I set all their paths to "units\unitname\filename.blp (or) .mdx" (example: "units\VagabondKnight\vagabondknight.mdx") but i'm not sure that's how i'm supposed to do it. Hmm. Well... if anyone can give me some light on this issue,i'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

Ooooh... also... did i post this in the right place ? I'm not sure. If not... could someone please move it ? Thanks.

Here's some screenshots,in case it helps:

aaaaaaaaaaa.png

bbbbbbbbb.png

Level 4
Well,um... i tried that... and no success =(
Thanks anyway... i guess...

EDIT: Well,00:30 AM and still no success... made yet another reskin (this time i made one of Furion) and yet again... it refuses to appear ingame. in WE it looks fine,though.

Last edited:
You don't need to change the model paths, you can leave them as war3mapImported\Modelname.mdx.

For the .blp, it depends. They probably won't have the path units\unitName\texture.blp unless it is modifying a unit ingame. Try simply "crimsonghoul.blp" and "vagabond_knight.blp" for the paths. If that doesn't work, then try using "Textures\crimsonghoul.blp" and "Textures\vagabond_knight.blp".

The easiest way to be sure of what the path is, is to just download wc3viewer.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/warcraft-iii-viewer-62878/

Open up the model, and then press CTRL+I. (Or go to Current File -> Show used texture names) That should tell you the paths.

Level 4
Edit: I just read PurgeandFire111's tutorial on importing models,and noticed this:

My model still appears as a checkered cube, even though I have the right path.

Sometimes there is a common issue where you set a unit's model to the imported model before you have saved or exited the editor. Even if you save afterward, it will still show up as a green cube. To fix this, reset the "model" field in the object editor of the unit, delete the imported model from your import manager, reimport it, change the path, save, and then close WE and open it again. Then you can set the unit's model and hopefully it will work.

I did what you said here and tadaa! It worked! =)
Thanks a lot and +rep to all who helped! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.