• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Import WoW tiles or not? (NO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Flames: i think it's ok if they are wrapped correctly
@Moyack: heres screenie although it looks liike lordearon grass and needs a bit of wrap-repair
@Craca: ok, i've started extracting wow tiles for barrens and mullgore

Attachments

• mulgore grass.JPG
    mulgore grass.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 3,281
If Nasurdin aproves, so do I.

k :) anyway, heres secret anyone can use:

1. extract thick grass texture with some mpq appliction
2. convert to tga
3. open it in gimp
4. colorize image so it's completely black
5. start paint
6. resize exported wow tile to 1/4 of 256X256
7. mirror them in both dimensions
8. copy all from paint
9. use "sellect by color" in gimp
10. set treshold(yea, my spelling) to 10
11. sellect transparent area
12. invert sellection
13. paste
14. convert to blp
15. import into wc3
NOTE: NEVER SET QUALITY TO HIGH! SET IT IN RANGE OF 75-85, otherwise blp could crash map (lol this is funny) and size would be retarded ;)

Level 25
The almighty camel's hump has defeated my accusations and assumptions... I am your humble servant.

Nas, I know you're working on Night Elf models right now, but do you think you can make more Orc characters as well? I'll post a screen in a few minutes.

[Edit]
Posted in Team Discussion.

Last edited:
Level 25
Ah screw them! They'll find us one way or another anyway...
Nas, what tiles have you made so far? I know that you made Durotar and Teldrassil tiles. Maybe Barrens too. Mulgore needs a lighter terrain (the tile we have now is perfect almost, just needs to be... lighter. In WoW, terrain has light spots and darker spots. This is rendered terrain and is almost impossible to do, however we can just make one tile dark, and the other light. We can also use the torch's lighting effect on terrain. Although, the lighting affect in WoW is more of a whitish tint, and the torch's light is yellowish. Either way, it may look good. I think there is a way to change the tint of lighing also, but I'm not sure how. Something in editting the model's affect.

Level 25
Really? Well then that's great! We should do that. Atleast in the end. BTW Nas, make some Barrens mob models such as the Zevra (Zebra basicly) the Plainstrider and Prowlers (Female/Male Lions) and maybe some Goblins too for Ratchet and Venture Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.