1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Imperial Castle Defense v1.22

Submitted by Redeemer59
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Despite the name, Imperial Castle Defense is a hero siege type map. Select a hero, and defend the base at the bottom while attacking the base at the top. The main catches are twofold, one: You do not level up. You must improve solely through items. All four of your abilities are learned at the beginning. To compliment this, your abilities do more damage the higher your Primary Attribute is. Second: All of the shops, the fountain, the mercenary hubs, etc., can be killed. If the shops die, don't worry, tomes, potions, and the most powerful items can be found at the Citadel.

When the Citadel dies, you lose. The enemies receive armor and damage proportionate to the number of players. As of now, there are eleven distinct heroes, which to the best of my knowledge are balanced.

Of course, no map is ever finished. ICD's constantly being updated, so PLEASE report all bugs, imbalances, and errors you encounter. Thank you!

Now compatible with WarCraft III's 1.24 patch!

Keywords:
Dark Fantasy, Demons, Portals, Crusade, Castle, Castle Defense, Imperial, Imperial Castle Defense
Contents

Imperial Castle Defense v1.22 (Map)

1. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.10, after much procrastination, is finally here! While this doesn't introduce as much as I had hoped, it DOES introduce a Random Hero option at the tavern, fixing of a few typos, and the revamping of the Cleric, who is now a fast moving ranged healer, as opposed to a slow moving melee healer. Also the bounty sharing system has been removed entirely, as it seemed to not work at all, and was merely taking up space.

2. donchristo

donchristo

Resources:
    Resources:
    just one little thing. the archers defending the town are called 'BogenschützIN' in the german warcraft version but they are not female.
    i know that's nothing important but you wanted all bugs reported^^
    otherwise a really good map!

3. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you. :D

I'm sorry, but, uh, what? This was made with the American version of WC3, and I don't speak German... does Bogenschutzin mean "Female Archer"? I only named the archers "Archer", which IIRC is the default name of the NE and HE archers, so I could see how that could get lost in translation... but it'd be kinda stupid to call them Male Archers when there are no Female Archers as well. :p

4. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ICD is back! Nothing major-huge, but changes include:

-The return of the bounty-sharing system
    -Re-working of a couple spells including Rapid Shot, Scorch (now Ignite), and Adamant Defense
    -Fixing of a couple bugs including one that made Corpse Explosion kill your own units (and the Citadel :ugly:) and one that didn't destroy dummy units
    -Ghouls, Conscripts, Church Servants, and Siege weapons now scale as time goes on, although at a slower rate than the Demons
    -Potions and potion-like items (Arcanisteel Ingot, etc.) now scale with Strength/Intelligence
    -And more!

I've had reports of the infamous rez-bug (people not resurrecting after death), and I've looked at the trigger and can't find what would be wrong with it. If anybody has an answer I'd love to hear it.

5. Bizz

Bizz

Resources:
    Resources:
    em... dunno why, but sometimes after death heroes just dont respawn

also church servant doesnt heal, he sets friendly units hp to 15% from max

6. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah... okay, fixed the above healing issue and fixed a typo in the respawn trigger that should *hopefully* fix the rez bug.

EDIT: Also, for whatever reason buying items makes this little colored dot thingy appear on the ground... I can't figure out why it does that, and it only started happening after the 1.22b patch for Warcraft... huh.

EDITEDIT: Okay, I found out how to fix it. I don't want to bump this map and make you guys re-download it TOO much, so I'll release the patch fix later or tomorrow. For now it just appears to be a leak and shouldn't be game-breaking... unless you guys don't mind me putting out ANOTHER fix.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008
  7. fushi43

fushi43

Resources:
    Resources:
    cant host the map now =.=
    when i host it..it say the map is not found

8. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is... very odd. This same bug happened to me quite a few versions ago but randomly fixed itself later. I unfortunately do not know what is wrong. :bored:

Anyway, this version fixes the colored-dot bug which has plagued us since the Warcraft patch.

9. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This map is broken. Won't start. Syntax error most likely.

10. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmm... downloaded the file from this very page (v1.15, not the new one) and I got the same error, which is weird since I swear it worked when I uploaded it. However, the new version (v1.18) seems to work fine, at least on my end. Not sure what I changed to make it work, but if it works, I'm not complaining.

---

v1.18 introduces a number of new elements, including an eleventh hero (the Minstrel). The Minstrel is planned to be the last totally new hero; existing ones may be tinkered with but no more new heroes, mostly because I've filled the last slot in the tavern and don't wish to add a second one.

In addition, the final boss fight has been changed. The Demonic Entity's War Stomp spell's duration has been reduced, but it has a new ability which stuns players in a frontal wave, somewhat like Shockwave. He'll always target the spell in front of him, so it's advisable for most players to stand behind him.

Recipes have been moved from their spot in the top-left to the Scribe store in the castle. To make room, many scrolls which had seen very little use (in my playtesting, anyway) have been removed.

The Mage's Ignite skill has been changed somewhat so that it can now potentially deal area-effect damage.

The Shaman's skillset has been completely re-done, except for Summon Aether Spirit, which has been buffed.

Apologies for the jump in versions (v1.15 - v1.18) but I had deemed the previous updates too minor to warrant an update on the Hive.

11. lulol

lulol

Resources:
    Resources:
    great map !

i just need some pro ppl to play it with me on northrend

12. Karaterat

Karaterat

Resources:
    Resources:
    very nice map, one little problem when i played this with my 2 buds was when i was the cleric my passive healing aura healed them rediculously to much... Ooo and i love the items and how you made them reflect to your heroes attributes as it makes items powerful throughout the game! +REP

13. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks! :smile:

This version fixes the aforementioned Cleric bug in addition to various balance changes and code improvements. In addition, Agility's attack speed bonus has been reduced yet again. Also some other small things that I can't remember off of the top of my head.

In 1.20 (which may take a while yet, I have a few projects going on at once) you can expect to see the Gatekeeper minibosses play a much much more significant role in the game and some changes to a few heroes with only 1 attribute based ability (like the Barbarian).

14. Scrya

Scrya

Resources:
    Resources:
    alright well just got done playing it and not to bad

the people i played with all complained about the only one lvl thing (me didnt really mind)

annihilation tanks were a little over powered one guy had 5 and we used those for a shield, all the other mercs for the most part were useless cuz of death to fast or didnt seem to do anything (architect) and the little healer guy needs a auto cast.

enjoyed the item set up

there is one path the enemies follow but 3 areas they can cross, u should put something out there in the destroyed areas or more paths the enemy units follow

I really did like this map i give u a 3/5

15. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, thank you for your feedback. :wink:

I'll look into the mercenary balance issues; I rarely ever see them used so I haven't had much opportunity to balance them for when they are.

I'll give some thought to the multiple path thing - currently it's there to provide a bit of a strategic element, either you can fight your way through the mob going through the center and thus help protect the Citadel or you can circumvent it to get to the middle more easily but also make defending the Citadel more difficult, though I almost never see anybody stray from the center path so there should probably be some incentive to it to at least make it a valid strategy.

16. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1.20 is here! Because of how massive this version is I'm going to write up the changelog in a fancy, professional way, if only because I've always wanted to do that.

-ICD is now compatible with the 1.24 WarCraft III patch.

-The Cleric's Healing Ray spell has been reworked slightly.
    -The Barbarian's Envigorating Cry spell now scales with Strength.
    -The Necromancer's Corpse Explosion spell now scales with Intelligence.
    -Minor changes such as cooldown tweaking made to several other spells.

-Gatekeepers are more powerful, spawn more often and now come in 4 varieties, one of which is randomly selected each time they spawn:
    --Stone Gatekeepers are very durable and have War Stomp.
    --Fiery Gatekeepers are heavy damage dealers and have Permanent Immolation and conjure runes around themselves that explode after a few seconds.
    --Shadowy Gatekeepers are heavy debuffers and reduce the armor of those they attack and can temporarily disable the inventories of nearby heroes.
    --Chaos Gatekeepers are very volatile and deal area-of-effect damage to nearby units that attack them (except the attacker itself) and can temporarily enter a brief rage that gives them god-like strength for all of 8 seconds.
    -The Demonic Entity now has Cleaving Attack instead of Pulverize and the damage and area-of-effect it deals has been scaled down.

-All heroes now have hero glows.
    -Tooltips have been streamlined with different colors for attribute-based variables such as damage and healing.

-Raised the cost of the Annihilator Tank mercenary.
    -Architects can now repair structures for free and far more quickly.

-Fixed a bug that granted infinite mana potions in a stack
    -Fixed a bug involving the Rogue Bracers of the Fox setting your mana to 14 instead of adding 14.
    -The Mage no longer has a slight delay between casting a spell and when the spell takes affect. This also fixes how the Electrical Nova spell would sometimes not deal damage to moving units.

EDIT: Sorry 'bout that - a quick hotfix was needed to fix a bug with the Fiery Gatekeepers and a somewhat major balance change for the Stone Gatekeeper.
    EDIT2: Or... not. Hmm. I'll fix the Fiery Gatekeeper bug in the morning, I'm too tired to do it tonight.

OKAY: This version, 1.22, changes the functionality of the Fiery Gatekeeper from spawning explosive runes to spawning ranged Fire Elementals every few seconds. They are weak but magic resistant and can build up over time if not killed. In addition, the bounty of all Gatekeepers has been raised from 75 to 200.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  17. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WOW, we were overwhelmed by the undead with a full house. Sometimes, some people just aren't that skilled with nerves of steel. Make it a bit easier with perhaps a variety of difficulties? Also, the dwarf warrior's buff (The one with the red hands) is totally imbalanced;

Dwarf Warrior Buff + Ally's Creeps and Summons = Uber

And perhaps the map could focus less on scarfing down potions and more on healing/tanking.

18. Redeemer59

Redeemer59

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There are: player 1 (red) can type -hard to double the base hit points of all enemies or -easy to cut their upgrade rate in half. This is said so via in-game announcement within the first minute or so.

It's actually been quite a while since I've lost with a large group - most of the losses I've had are with smaller ones. The Gatekeepers were an effort to subvert this. And they are demons, no undead in the map are ever hostile.

I'll take this into consideration; I haven't had an opportunity to test this version with a large group yet but I will tomorrow.

Erm, the Druid and Cleric are both capable of healing others and both of them do it very well. A skilled and well-prepared Druid can nearly eliminate the need for health potions altogether (except during particularly difficult encounters) and 3 of the 4 Cleric spells are all based on healing large groups.

The Guardian is a dedicated tank who can Taunt enemies to him and who can also become invulnerable for a short time (but enemies will continue to attack him unlike Divine Shield). Most Strength-based heroes can tank adequately as well; the Inquisitor is good at aggroing lots of enemies with his Righteous Fury (cleaving attack) and can Divine Shield if he gets in over his head.

You CAN do nothing but guzzle potions but if you get a balanced team potions become less critical (but still a very good investment).