• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm working on a warcraft 3 voice set for Archimonde, any others, hostable project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Archimonde is the most important character in Warcraft 3 who lacks a voice set. I've heard others have tried this before without being too pleased by the results... Searching hasn't yielded results of any completed ones though, except Zenonoth's Archimonde voice set used in Revenge of Mal'Ganis. Anyone know of any others? Zenonoth's set is OK except it uses recordings from World of Warcraft which are stylistically inferior to Warcraft 3 Archimonde.

I extracted every Archimonde voiceline from the MPQ and have a list of which parts I want to use for the different command types (move, attack, select, annoyed) and it won't take super long to edit them. But I'd like to know if there are any others out there besides Zenonoth's and could I post it as a project on HiveWorkshop? There doesn't seem to be a category for sound files. Additionally I've heard there are unused lines of dialogue that Blizzard made for Warcraft 3 and didn't release, there could be some Archimonde lines there, but presumably nobody has those.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Unfortunately, for a number of reasons, there's next-to-no support for voice-acting/sound-file-editing here on the Hive. Mostly because of how difficult it is to import into the game (unlike, say, custom models or textures or effects), as well as the relative barrier-to-entry (professional-level sound design requiring certain tools, unlike coding or low-grade model editing).

We've had a number of Voice Acting Contests in the past, & I've been drafting up a similar Contest myself, because I too want to see a renaissance of this field. However, for a number of personal reasons, I haven't followed through on that dream quite yet.

You could try to just upload the sound files as a custom map in the Map section. Other than that (or simply a thread in the "voice-acting/music" sub-forum), I don't know where you'd go.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.