1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The SharpCraft World Editor Extended (WEX) has been updated for the latest Warcraft 3 version: Forum.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Paired Modeling/Texturing Contest #3 - Leaders has begun! Artists group up and struggle! May the best team lead the run.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The long awaited results for Mini-Mapping Contest #13 is here! Congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Vote for the best Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter entry!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm making a series to showcase all WarCraft 3 Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by Abelhawk, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Hey all, I've been receiving a lot of questions about the future of the WarCraft III Easter eggs series, so I made a vlog to explain what my rough plan is. You can watch it here:

2. Wareditor

Wareditor

I am looking forward to your next videos!
    Good luck.

3. Rui

Rui

Could be worth noting that the Wanderers of Sorceria campaigns actually used the Magic Vault system as you discovered it during the mission "By Demons Be Driven" iirc.

4. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

Really? That's very interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Just as a final notice to everyone, I've begun work on the final episode of the main series, so if you know of any more Easter eggs I missed (that aren't already in the comments on the videos... I've already looked at them carefully), speak now! I'm sure I'll still miss some, but I hope I only miss the very obscure ones that no one would care about anyway. If there's an area or a secret item I miss on this piece, it'll be really frustrating.

Thanks to all those who have already helped out! I should be done in a month or so, though I'm probably going to make one half of the video at a time in case I need to do one video for Reign of Chaos and one for the Frozen Throne. I'm even looking through the official strategy guides for WarCraft 3 in case there were any last-minute changes the devs made that went unpublished, so this is going to be a ton of fun work to do.

Thanks as always for your support! Stay tuned!

5. Rui

Rui

@Abelhawk I forgot to say: you'll find one such mission in Book 2. I believe it to be mission 2, in which Kosseimaru searches for a suitable location for a land base. On the far bottom left, there's a magic vault which follows the aforementioned rules.

6. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

ADDENDUM: ALL THE REST
    >> goo.gl/AM1qG3 <<

Finally, the next video is out—part one of "All the Rest," the addendum video that showcases all the ones I missed the first time through. Thanks for all your imput! As always, share these videos with anyone you know who likes WarCraft III! My ultimate goal is to be the voice on "Did You Know? Gaming" if they ever do a Warcraft 3 video, but even if they just used my videos as resources, that would still be pretty cool. :D

7. Naze

Naze

Off-Topic Moderator

That was nice. It is amazing how even though you're uploading a video called "All the Rest" people still manage to find things that weren't mentioned (as seen in the comments) - it seems it will never come to an end! And hey, good work as always.

8. A]mun

A]mun

Town doodad as building into crate into sheep - oh stop it blizz devs!

9. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

ADDENDUM: ALL THE REST (CONTINUED)
    >> goo.gl/QwGnRF <<

The last campaign video is finally finished! What an awesome journey this has been. Thanks for all the support and help. I hope more people can continue to find it and all of the fun Easter eggs and behind-the-scenes things Blizzard hid. I hope more than anything it'll help people appreciate the game and play it again if they haven't for a long time.
    Note that the campaign series is done, but there will be at least 2 more bonus videos some time in the (somewhat distant) future, so it's not completely over!

10. sluk

sluk

oh yeah love these episodes

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Schweet, man!

12. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast

And just like that the series comes to and end...
    Really good job , it's crazy to think that it took 13 years for a series like this to come out

13. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

A shout out and big thanks to YouTube user Некое Деепричастие, who is contributing Russian subtitles to the Easter Egg series!

14. Kam

Kam

Patch Moderator

Great job on this!

15. Abelhawk

Abelhawk

BONUS 1: MODELS
    >> Warcraft III Easter Eggs Bonus: Models <<

Another Easter eggs video finally! This one looks a bit closer at the models in the game. There are a lot with unused animations, strange inconsistencies, and questionable skinning choices. Hopefully more to come!

16. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Hate the be "that annoying guy", but when do you expect the next episode to come. I really really love your work man :D

17. mrwhite-

mrwhite-

Great video as always Abelhawk!

18. A]mun

A]mun

Already watched it! Give more or we attack!

19. Rui

Rui

Watched it. Pretty good :) A modder encounters this sort of things all the time. I'm glad they're finally being documented. Graphically :p

EDIT: By the way, did I miss anything or is there really no part 2 yet?

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  20. Vidovit

Vidovit

Just discovered this series and i loved it!
    Btw i think you could make a new series where you go over some famous custom war3 maps and talk about how complex they are to make and do a game in them for showcase.
    Basically going from Uther party, Werewolf transylvania, Legion TD etc..
    For other players you could do it with randoms or even use your followers to engage with the community!