1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Compete in Concept Art Contest - Bounty Hunter . May the best artist's bounty hunter execute!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Modeling Mini-Contest #5 - Familiar is up! Compete to design a pet companion to a lonely WC3 Hero of your preference.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The present for our Christmas Mini-Texturing Contest finally arrived. Check out the results!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 6th installment of our Music Contest just got fired up! Now with an Apocalyptic taste. Get started and compete in this musical battle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Looking to expand an altered melee race of yours? Join the Advanced Techtree Contest - Recycle, Revise, Reinvent contest!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm making a series to showcase all WarCraft 3 Easter Eggs

Discussion in 'Warcraft Town Hall' started by Abelhawk, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    Hey all, I've been receiving a lot of questions about the future of the WarCraft III Easter eggs series, so I made a vlog to explain what my rough plan is. You can watch it here:

2. Wareditor

Wareditor
    I am looking forward to your next videos!
    Good luck.

3. Rui

Rui
    Could be worth noting that the Wanderers of Sorceria campaigns actually used the Magic Vault system as you discovered it during the mission "By Demons Be Driven" iirc.

4. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    Really? That's very interesting. I'll have to look into that.

Just as a final notice to everyone, I've begun work on the final episode of the main series, so if you know of any more Easter eggs I missed (that aren't already in the comments on the videos... I've already looked at them carefully), speak now! I'm sure I'll still miss some, but I hope I only miss the very obscure ones that no one would care about anyway. If there's an area or a secret item I miss on this piece, it'll be really frustrating.

Thanks to all those who have already helped out! I should be done in a month or so, though I'm probably going to make one half of the video at a time in case I need to do one video for Reign of Chaos and one for the Frozen Throne. I'm even looking through the official strategy guides for WarCraft 3 in case there were any last-minute changes the devs made that went unpublished, so this is going to be a ton of fun work to do.

Thanks as always for your support! Stay tuned!

5. Rui

Rui
    @Abelhawk I forgot to say: you'll find one such mission in Book 2. I believe it to be mission 2, in which Kosseimaru searches for a suitable location for a land base. On the far bottom left, there's a magic vault which follows the aforementioned rules.

6. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    ADDENDUM: ALL THE REST
    >> goo.gl/AM1qG3 <<

Finally, the next video is out—part one of "All the Rest," the addendum video that showcases all the ones I missed the first time through. Thanks for all your imput! As always, share these videos with anyone you know who likes WarCraft III! My ultimate goal is to be the voice on "Did You Know? Gaming" if they ever do a Warcraft 3 video, but even if they just used my videos as resources, that would still be pretty cool. :D

7. Naze

Naze
    That was nice. It is amazing how even though you're uploading a video called "All the Rest" people still manage to find things that weren't mentioned (as seen in the comments) - it seems it will never come to an end! And hey, good work as always.

8. A]mun

A]mun
    Town doodad as building into crate into sheep - oh stop it blizz devs!

9. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    ADDENDUM: ALL THE REST (CONTINUED)
    >> goo.gl/QwGnRF <<

The last campaign video is finally finished! What an awesome journey this has been. Thanks for all the support and help. I hope more people can continue to find it and all of the fun Easter eggs and behind-the-scenes things Blizzard hid. I hope more than anything it'll help people appreciate the game and play it again if they haven't for a long time.
    Note that the campaign series is done, but there will be at least 2 more bonus videos some time in the (somewhat distant) future, so it's not completely over!

10. sluk

sluk
    oh yeah love these episodes

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0
    Schweet, man!

12. DaneTheBeast

DaneTheBeast
    And just like that the series comes to and end...
    Really good job , it's crazy to think that it took 13 years for a series like this to come out

13. Abelhawk

Abelhawk
    A shout out and big thanks to YouTube user Некое Деепричастие, who is contributing Russian subtitles to the Easter Egg series!

14. Kam

Kam

Map Reviewer

Great job on this!