• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm giving away Project Eurica + Bonus Maps

MapScale.png

I just want to let you guys know that my project - "Project Eurica" - has been made Open-Source for everyone. I consider the terrain I made for this project as my masterpiece, it's pretty much the best I can offer. You guys can go ahead and continue the project development or change the direction of the project, it's fully accessible in the editor for you (not protected). If you're looking for a good terrain in your project you can go ahead and claim my map.

The map is also partially finished, you can play the survival mode if you want. I do recommend playing it in 1.30/1.31 because the cameras are screwed in Reforged.

Project Preview (Album) : Project Eurica | HIVE

More open source maps (edited 03-2024)

And even more! (my pastebins)

I'm giving these terrains to you guys as an appreciation to this community - a gift to HIVE.

You may ask, why am I releasing these? Unfortunately I lost my motivation completely, I don't feel like I'm going to mod this game anytime soon. I don't really want these work to be lost forever so I'm giving these away and hopefully someone (like you) will find use of these works.

- And I'm getting old lmao (I started modding in 2011, I was 12 years old, now I'm 20+ years old). I realized there's much more to do out there than just modding Warcraft.

This may or may not be my final work, hopefully I will regain my motivation and do modding again. For now I'm going. Cheers, and enjoy. :)

Last edited:
It's a shame really, that you don't have the motivation anymore. Unfortunately I am quite preoccupied with other projects, or else I could have considered completing Project Eurica. Hopefully you come back some day, ready and motivated.

No matter, I will still download them both and take a look. I considered joining the next scenic terraining contest just for the fun of it, so I am sure I can learn a lot from your DNF scenic terrain.

EDIT: It seems your Eurica map has become corrupted. None of the imported resources are loading;
screenshot_1-png.366360

You need to put the assets in the game directory, I mentioned it in the description. The files are loose because the editor compiles/saves faster when the assets are stored in the game directory instead importing it in the map, it saves me time when debugging the triggers.

I do apologize for that extra process, I was just lazy to import all the files in the map since there are around 500 files that I need to change path in the import manager, and the import manager refreshes so slow with the amount of assets (probably around 700 files overall).

Last edited:
I probably got an invitation to work in (somewhere in Europe) last year because of this work, whoever recommended me, you are awesome. I did'nt take it - I wasn't ready (probably still am), but I really appreciate it.

Also, wow, I got a pin! Thanks!

(This is an ultimate necropost, sorry)

Last edited:
I'm feeling good today so I thought maybe I should share my very secret stash of everything I've done in my decade of terraining/modding.

- I'm already retired so I don't really mind if people steal these open-source maps of mine anymore (the reason why I kept these files secret).

Downloads:

• All my scenic terrains you can get here (and yes you can open them in the world editor!)

• Open source "Eurica: The Caribbean" map

I had no backup of the old playable terrains I've made unfortunately, most of them banished because my old HDD decided to not work anymore.

There ya go folks.

Enjoy!

PS. Apologies for necropost.

---

Edit: And moar! https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachments/old-zip.364336/

I've updated the main post to include these links aswell. I missed you HIVE!

Last edited: