1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I'm bacK!! o.O

Discussion in 'Art and Graphic Designs' started by SexyZwonne, Sep 3, 2011.

1. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Did this pic out of boredom today.. Nothing special ;)

Attached Files:

2. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone! The reason I'm posting this is because there will be a poster making contest at my school, and the theme of the poster is Ivo Andrich. So I made this today.. Didn't feel too creative I guess. The pictures of Ivo Andrich on the internet are black and white, and kinda poor(ish) quality, because they were taken a long time ago.. I know it's got a lot of mistakes, but I don't know, I kinda like how he turned out, especialy since this is the second "serious" drawning I tried to make (the first one being my bro).. The poster obviously isn't finished, and I haven't the slightest idea what to do with it now..

Here's a quote i kinda like, taken from Wikipedia: In 1961, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature "for the epic force with which he has traced themes and depicted human destinies drawn from the history of his country"

EDIT: I forged the autograph on the second pic.. It's more for the gag of it :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    It looks like I'm talking to myself here.. Anyway, I have some friends that are in a band, called the "Crazy Cousins".. If you want to check them out, they are not famous (yet ^^), here:
    Crazy Cousins
    Code (Text):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EctWwjQ8cA
    Code (Text):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EvCYSdqzQ
    Code (Text):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3J_nV2vQtc
    Code (Text):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru9kg2eOLBk
    Code (Text):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G1WmsjtNAU

They have a FB group as well...

And heres some things I made, insipred by them :) P.S. I was drunk when I drew the first one :D
    And also I would apreciate some ideas about the third pic.. It doesn't feel finished..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  4. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is a WIP of a portrait of a friend of mine.. Will be updated tomorrow maybe..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  5. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heres the final version I guess.. I just tried to save the lips, but without much success.. Anyway, Not much contrast, just a booring pic of my friend, and it doesn't even look like him that much xD Cheers!

Attached Files:

6. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    New WIP.. :) I just have "one" question (well, for the "elites"): When will I improve? Do I need to just keep on doing these dull portraits to infinity or do I need a change in style, or something? I am a self learner, so I know nothing about the "rules" of drawning (like proportions) etc. What is the solution to my problem?

Attached Files:

• WIP.jpg
      WIP.jpg
      File size:
      170.1 KB
      Views:
    • WIP2.jpg
      WIP2.jpg
      File size:
      367.9 KB
      Views:
    • WIP3.jpg
      WIP3.jpg
      File size:
      384 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  7. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey all, I've been a bit inactive lately.. It's mostly 'cause of the holidays, so I don't have time to draw.. Anyway, I finished this today - no inspiration I guess.. I suck at drawning cloth, so I loose interest..

And another thing: From now, on, I will put everything in page 1..

GL HF all!

Attached Files:

• meh.jpg
      meh.jpg
      File size:
      230.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Mr.Goblin

Mr.Goblin

Art and Graphic Design Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nice portraits!!

9. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Talk about a blast from the past! :D I'm still in the learning proccess, and it's been awhile since I've drawn anything, because of school and preparation for college -.- I believe I will have even less time for drawning afterwards... :mad:

Tnx for the compliment, glad you like these! ;)

10. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey all! Been a long time.. :) So I finaly caught some time to doodle/practice my drawning skills.. It is not promissing so far o_O Tried to use paint this time ^^

I used all kinds of references for the woman, but nothing for the phoenix.. I am slowly working on drawning the phoenix's body (left wing is a fail so far).. Don't expect much..

EDIT: the woman was too big a resolution for THW, but I took care of that :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  11. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey everyone! This is just a little fun ive been having today. :)

Its been a long time since i could take a hour or two for drawning because of school.

I know this sucks, but i did not do my best, nor have i felt the need to finish it. I just made a doodle, and played with it :)

GL HF!

Attached Files:

12. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    New WIP... I'm gonna try to take my time with this one, 'cause I want it to look nice :)

I wont work on it during the weekend, but after.. GL HF all!

Added WIP2..

Yep.. WIP3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  13. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's another wip... I don't realy have time to draw, because I must study in order to go to college... Yep, it's still quite bad, but the background will be changed, details on the scales will be made, the belly scales will not be red, but yellow or something, more lighting changes, etc... -.-'

And yes, I JUST realized that he looks like a ripoff of an Argonian.. Damn my subconcience!! :mad:

GL HF to all! :pgrin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  14. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm, it looks rather fine Zwonne.

But there are some stuff that you should look in to, one of them being complementary colors. Remember, the shading on red is usually green and not just a darker shade of red or black. Also, adding complementary colors usually gives the drawing more depth. Try doodling around with them on spheres and etc. It will take some time to grasp it (I'm still not sure that I fully grasp it) but it's important to look in to it and get an understanding of it! :)

And just like you said, you need more color variation. Right now everything is red, including the background. His belly could be yellow, just to "pop it out". The background should also be changed, a red background could work if it was more “alive”; a volcanic landscape or something, but these shades of red are very annoying as they melt with the dragon.
    Example: The Destroyer of Worlds by *PepperWolf
    The background is actually rather simple; it's just shades of brown (and yellow/orange/red… BROWN xD), but it's enough to make Sargeras pop out as much as he does, despite that the land around them more or less burns. But if you're not going for a background, try something else than these red clouds. And one more thing on colors, never work with 100% black or white in a colorful drawing. Most of the time it destroys more than it helps.

The skull - right now it looks very odd (the proportions are off).
    If you look at it now, the left part has a very "pulled/dragged" look. Like someone took the left side of his face and dragged it out (it looks very flat). I've attached an image with what I mean, and trying to show you how to fix it (it's not 100% correct, but I hope you'll see what I mean).

And last, the eye. Right now you have a really "human-esque" eye, which is very odd. Reptile eyes are very different from humans, so it looks very odd right now. Just Google around a bit, you'll see the difference. They have these "valleys" around the eye and there's a much "sharper" look to them. Of course, I don’t know if your design choice was to give it human eyes or not, but if you’re keeping them, you’ve to implement them better, somehow.

In general, don’t be afraid to play around with colors, just go mad with them! :)
    And BTW, saving your images as .PNG gives them a better quality than .JPG

Hope it helps, somehow ^^

Attached Image (Huge):
    http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/141575-albums3291-picture58905.png

Edit
    Doesn't matter, we all get inspiration from something and it's very, very hard to be completely original, if not impossible :p
    Just don't worry about stuff like that, just do the stuff you enjoy doing!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  15. SexyZwonne

SexyZwonne

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well first of all - wow! :D I was kinda at peace with the fact that im forever gonna talk to myself on this forum, and this was quite a nice suprise :)

I must say, that you did a awesome job at explaining these things to me - since I am a (very lazy^^) self-learner, this is greatly helpfull! :) Hopefuly, I will have more time for drawning soon, and then dazzle you all with the new knowlege I will gain! :ogre_hurrhurr:

About the eye - I kinda did want the dragon to have human eyes (dunno why though), but as you said, it needs more work ;)

And finaly, you did an awesome job with that picture you atached - I can see what I did wrong, and what I need to change :)

Thank you very much! :grin: GL HF!

16. Arowanna

Arowanna

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehe, no worries dude!
    Trying to judge and evaluate people’s art is just a great way for me to keep up with my own knowledge - almost like a test of some sort - so it's just good for me to try to help! It gives me something in return, so I'm happy to help even if it's not much.

About the eye again:
    Well, if you find a good way of implementing it, go ahead! But look into some human and reptile anatomy; try to merge them in a good way. I'm not really sure how it will work out, but give it your best shot! ;)