• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Illidan.blp

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
It's a skin of Illidan, based off of the way he is portrayed in WoW. I think its a large improvement over the default wc3illidan.

The way blizzard wrapped this model is terrible, but I did my best to compensate.

The skin looks pretty good in the portrait as well.

Credits to THE_END for help with the wrap

anyone who asks me how to copy the illidan model will be ignored. ive explained it too many times already. if people keep nagging me im liable to just remove the skins.

Keywords:
Illidan, Stormrage, Azzinoth, Burning, Crusade, demon, hunter, demonhunter, evil
Contents

Illidan Stormrage (Texture)

Reviews
18:24, 26th Apr 2008 THE_END: Totally pimpin' skin Beats the hell outta the one I was making way back. Good job Dark
Status
Not open for further replies.

M

18:24, 26th Apr 2008
THE_END: Totally pimpin' skin
Beats the hell outta the one I was making way back. Good job Dark

Level 17
Oh. alright. My bad.

The_End gave me some tips on working with the wrap in the face, and he pointed out something I totally missed that made my portrait model look god awful. Hurray for him, cause he made me notice it so I could fix it! YaYs!

And I made the alternate form as well. last minute decision, I couldn't have a good looking non-dark version and use the crappy wc3 dark version. I just couldn't.

Level 1
I love it! 4.99/5 the only thing i think is you could improve on is maybe a bit more detail to the pants/wings hes just kinda... blah but a good skin neway!

Level 4
This is a really great model, I love the hooves, the blades and the chest. The horns are bit dull, but otherwise a great model.

4/5, So says Polyphemus!

Level 1
Darkholme
1.-.-" I Mean What Can I Use That Skin To ???
2. I Want Illidan On My World Editor So If U Can Tell Me What Skins Are usining To So thanks .

Level 17
ah. thx Happytauren. I suppose it is the same for the dark illidan except it's "Textures\Illidandark.blp"?

nope. they are both skins for the normal illidan model, cause the normal 'dark' version is just solid black. the normal one also has crap for animations.

to use both you need to copy the illidan model and change the path its supposed to use for the skin, then reimport. It would be nice to have a custom model for it completely, where the dark version is just a bigger version of the original with a new skin, but I don't see that happening from me in the next while. No free time.

Level 9
It's amazing and highly detailed your attention to detail is almost as good as the guys in blizz who made the special cinimatics :) but one question is it just a remake of Illadin or is it a specific illadin from a specific cinimatic? i see the blatent and vivid changes but what is so special? why?

P.S. this would go well with Born²modificate's high def pack :) (i love that pack)

High def pack

Level 9
ah i see now it looks not only good but exactly acurate even for the low quality model of illidan btw your skin goes well with the high res ones becouse they are on the same level of quality... yes i said your skins are as good as those skins and models (thats a complament) anyway yeah amazing skin GJ.

Level 17
thx. Personally I think buildings are much easier. they're flat textures. you don't have to make depth by drawing, with buildings you can do almost all of it with the models.

I agree those are good buildings and doodads, but I actually think creature models are much more challenging to skin, particularly low poly models.

I'm glad you like the skin though.

Level 17
they're 2 different skins for the same model. if you want to use both, you have to know what you're doing, enough so that you can export an illidan model, change the path to the skin on it, then import as a separate model, using the second skin, with whatever path you put the second one to. As I said before, if I have time, I'll try to replace the alternate anims in the model so that both skins work with one importable model for the sake of convenience. however, that won't be happening for a while, as I don't have time for any wc3 modding till after next weekend, and after next weekend there will be more important things to do before I get this model worked on (such as my 2 maps)

Level 17
I could have sworn ive said this like 4 times. perhaps it was on the in progress thread before i uploaded it.

That Is Not Possible Because The Wing Does Not Have It's Own Section On The Skin. To Make It Look Like Illidan WoW Color Wise On The Separating Bits Is To Have Stupid Looking Purple Chunks In His Hair.

That Is Why It Cannot Happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.