1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

If you were a Community Moderator

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keiji, May 6, 2015.

1. bowser499

bowser499

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If I'd been community moderator...
    • I'd firstly been in chat as much as possible, since THW Chat is one of the primary methods to contact me. Since I'm (if I'd been of course) a community moderator, I must be available almost full time to operatively solve any arguments or issues connected with the community.
    • I'd regularily organized/assisted in execution of community-wide, small, but interesting contests to make everybody interested in their field of occupation.
    • I'd regulated the community in a way that couldn't provoke users to harass each other but instead, projected the good way of solving disputes (if any ever happen).
    • I'd visited every forum of the Hive daily to see if there are any problems in some topics which require a moderator to solve them.
    • I'd been helping fellow staff to find or post interesting material (maybe short but daily or every 3 days) and spotlights (like vkael did but he haven't managed to maintain that tradition).
    • And of course I'd never offend anybody (a good community moderator must serve as an example for the community: flaming moderator or the one who use obscenities / abuses the position for achievement of personal goals or rivalries definetly isn't good: the community will think like: 'Hey, he can do it, why can't we?').

Hope that was detailed enough. :D

P.S.: You can equal 'community moderator' with 'spirit of community' because his/her (its? o__o) actions reflect on other community members.

2. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maintain, clean, respect and balance everything written, posted and commented. Abide with the hive rules a community mod should be. He should be a role model though real life really is a deal to everyone.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The same thing I do whenever I am promoted to Hive Workshop moderator. Try to take over the world!

Or maybe just compare other moderators to Marvel super heroes in news posts. That always seem to cause a lot of noise for some reason.

4. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Just make DSG the Community mod already :p

5. MasterHaosis

MasterHaosis

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah I am watching this thread and....
    I do not know... we speak about what would be if it would be (accent of WHAT IF)...
    Everyone knows me. Friend to everyone, talking to everyone, greet everyone, bring moral to people to be more active and post more, help if I can etc etc... Yeah, as someone mentioned, staying in chat as much you can is a must (from there I can slightly increase spreading of haosis virus). Yeah, organizing stuff if that is my job to do, read threads and keep everything clean and calmed etc etc... What else could do can't remember. (,,IF" I am there).
    yes, and DSG for admin, not moderator

6. Blood Raven

Blood Raven

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Genin, I'm looking at you xD

I would add more themes besides the Night Elf and Terran ones :3
    MOAR THEMES FUR EVRIBUDE!

7. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah, DSG for admin. I second that.

8. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will edit people's post to make it funny. And I will remove Mythic's reps, and give 999999999999999999999999 reps to me (does mod can do that?).

9. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    From what I remember you need access to the admin control panel which is separate from the moderator control panel. That gives you direct access to reputation and the ability to set it to any number. You can also edit individual reputation awards, deleting or modifying as you feel fit. However this is only if you are an administrator.

Moderators have very little power. The only thing their moderator control panel can do is track user IPs to detect multi-accounts or IP sharing. The rest is all related to the moderator's intended goal with him having power over the appropriate sections.

Not that people would actually want to be any of such for a game that is half-dead and over 10 years old. You might as well become a tomb keeper for a Pharaoh (no pun intended), or a telephone operator to direct calls.

10. Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Mr. Gameplay Knowledge

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anybody would die in the site becasue my site would be the pure chaos of an anarchy,the site would have no rules and would get the award for the best dirty side in the world and i the hell

11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, let's see, a community moderator...

Pretty much what some has stated, mostly I will be enforcing rules in a friendly manner and take decisive measures when necessary. Infractions, Neg Reps, and of course, Bans are taken for people who are persistent in rule breaking.

For community related stuff, I would say I intend to continue Fladder's legacy of resurrecting Medivh's Tower. In addition, I also intend to resurrect Roleplaying forum, but sadly, I haven't acquire all the necessity (knowledge and such) to do what I aim for, sadly.

12. Makoodzaka

Makoodzaka

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You don't need to be a mod to post in medivhs tower. If you wanna 'revive' go post some stuff in there >.<

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm well aware of that, but the revival term here means using the system made by Fladdermasken to make the tower strict while still active in some ways.