1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

If you like/wach anime got 1 min?

Discussion in 'Something Else' started by Anbu_kakas, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Anbu_kakas

Anbu_kakas

Resources:
    Resources:
    If you like anime pls post a anime name and the top 3 strongest of that anime.I will keep track of what you post and use it in my upcoming map and those hows ideas are used will be credited.If you can post a site that offers more information(for the caracters/anime) will be useful :grin:.

2. Kofi_Banan

Kofi_Banan

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Code Geass
    Code Geass R2
    Samurai Champloo

3. Anbu_kakas

Anbu_kakas

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks but request was 1 anime and 3 caracters from it that are considerd the strongest Example Bleach: Ichigo,Yamamoto Genryuusai,Zaraki Kenpachi (i gave some random strong caracters names).

4. DeAtHFyRe

DeAtHFyRe

Resources:
    Resources:
    anime is for sissy vamps and homos

5. DeAtHFyRe

DeAtHFyRe

Resources:
    Resources:
    im only joking plz dont hurt me

6. arphax214

arphax214

Resources:
    Resources:
    kill ya! btaw naruto shippuden naruto,pien,sasuke haha lol btw avatar last airbender firelord uzay,prince zuko,ang

7. cool_is_i

cool_is_i

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Full Metal Alchemist - Edward the fullmetal alchemist, His dad [forgot his name], greed.
    not sure, havnt seen it in some time.

8. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Cowboy Bebop:

Spike Spiegel
    Faye Valentine
    Jet Black

9. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    FFS Avatar ain't anime >_>

10. cool_is_i

cool_is_i

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    comon, its close :p
    +its good

11. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    :/ Avatar: The Last Airbender is not an anime, it is anime-inspired. Also, you spelt them wrong: Pain, Ozai, Aang.

Edward Elric, and then the Hoenheim of Light (I'm not sure if he has the "of Light" part in the manga); Greed wasn't the strongest person, just the toughest to kill. Al could beat his face in. SELIM IS PRIDE.

The three strongest Mecha in Code Geass (not counting the PWN ones in R2) are the Guren, the Sigfried, and the Lancelot (not in any order). The Gawain is more of a flagship than a combat mech, with big-bad cannons, though.

12. Naruto_Hokage

Naruto_Hokage

Resources:
    Resources:
    Duhh , everyone loves this
    BLEACH
    Kenpachi, Shinji, 4th Espada(Forgot his name)
    Can I make another anime that I like? IF can I'll just put it here....
    Naruto Shippuden (I know 1 of u made it but this is my strongest)
    1st ---> Naruto
    2nd ---> Tobi
    3rd ----> Kakashi

13. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Why aren't we screaming ''narotu sazuke &nd sakukra'' right away?

14. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, people aren't screaming Sakura because she's not exactly a tough character. She's not weak, but there's stronger.

15. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Umm.
    How is strongest acceptet?

Dragonball-

Son Goku
    Vejita
    Son Gohan

D:

16. Anbu_kakas

Anbu_kakas

Resources:
    Resources:
    The most useful coments where Teh_Ephy and zombie2279's coments.Thats all i need for now.Very helpful guys ty :D :D, +Rep.

17. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Spongebob

18. arphax214

arphax214

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol, anime not cartoons..=_="

19. TheDivineBoss

TheDivineBoss

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arphax214, you're so wrong cuz-

Click to see the harsh truth.
    Cartoon is a term that once referred to fine art during the renaissance period. Somehow, though, the term’s meaning evolved (or devolved, depending on how you look at it) into humorous and witty illustrations and, finally, into animated programs meant to entertain people, mostly children. For, clarity, the term ‘cartoon’ in this article shall be referring to the animated programs. Recently, however, a new term has been coined: Anime. And the distinction between these two has caused much confusion.

Strictly speaking though, there should be no distinction between anime and cartoon. Anime is a term used by the Japanese to refer to animated cartoons, from their own country and from others as well. Somehow, though, the world started using the term anime in reference to Japanese cartoons exclusively. Japanese animation was once called japanimation, but this term was aptly discarded when the term ‘Anime’ was put into use.

Some say that they see absolutely no difference between the two, even going so far as to classify both cartoons and anime as ‘childish’ because of the nature of how they are presented, much to the woe of anime fans. Technically, there’s no official difference and they are somewhat correct. But you only have to watch a single episode of any anime series and you’ll see that anime is far more than your usual slapstick comedy man-tripping-on-a-banana-peal early morning cartoons. There is a real and profound difference between the two besides their spellings: Anime is so much more than ‘just a cartoon’.

Storylines/Plots

Cartoons usually have a simple and defined plot. And they’re usually about the good guys fighting the bad guys. Cartoons rarely go beyond that old cliché. Most Anime series, on the other hand, are also about the same good vs. evil but the plots are rarely simple and rarely predictable. You’ll find an element of politics, religion, humanity, and a score of several other abstract concepts within an anime. Whereas cartoons are just about ‘evil’ cats chasing ‘innocent’ mice or a hero defending himself and others from a very evil bully. Anime can blur the lines between good and evil so much that you’ll be left wondering which side is really right. Look at the plot of Gundam, there aren’t any good guys or bad guys. They’re both fighting for a cause – a worthy one, and both sides are prepared to do good and evil to achieve their goals. Look at the Wave Country arc of Naruto which is now at Naruto Shippuden. Zabuza, evil as he was, had evoked more sympathetic tears than any of the typical Disney antagonists. There are, however, few exceptions to the ‘cartoons are simple’ rule. There are cartoon series that are far advanced like X-men.

In terms of humor, anime goes beyond the slapstick comedy that cartoons offer. There won’t be any corny joke about the chicken crossing the road with anime. There won’t even be the quintessential banana peal. Anime humor is deep and witty. However, it is to be noted that cartoons are mostly for kids. Anime can be for an adult audience; it mostly is, actually. There are even times when anime plots are hardly suited for children.

Characters

In cartoons, there’s a protagonist, an antagonist, and a damsel in distress. Their roles are well-defined and clear and the characters always act according to their roles. In anime, however, the damsel in distress may very well become the antagonist, leaving the protagonist in distress. There’s no knowing what to expect in anime. Anime characters, a lot of times, are developed overtime through trials and growth, while cartoon characters remain the same from when the show started. (Of course, there are exceptions such as Spiderman.) Since there’s an ongoing plot, Anime characters actually grow up and may even produce the next generation for the series. Anime fans tend to get into the characters a lot deeper because of the characters’ depth and charm. Consider Naruto; viewers see him growing up from an infant to a young powerful ninja, the way he relates to people, the way he learns new techniques, and the way he evolves visually. That is one of the chief reasons for popularities of anime over plain cartoons.

20. Royy

Royy

Resources:
    Resources:
    It'll be a more respectable map if you don't use the usual naruto-bleach stuff all others do.

Soul Eater - Shinigami, Franken Stein, and Asura
    Chrono Crusade - Sion, Chrono, and Rosette Christopher
    Elfen Lied - Lucy/Nyu, Bando, and Mariko