• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If Alliance has nations and Horde has clans, what do Scourge and Sentinels have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Started thinking about this when I began my own pet project of modding the original campaigns.
As Abelhawk once said, a very cool thing about Warcraft were the different factions-color combinations that appeared in Warcraft 2.
That kinda touched Warcraft 3 too, but was executed vaguely most of the time.

So, what do you think that different armies within the Scourge and the Sentinels should be called? And what colors would they be?

The Night Elves already have some names, and I remember "cadre" being used in the manual.
So that would give us the Starseekers Cadre (teal), the Moonhunters Cadre (light blue), the Shadowleaves Cadre (dark green?), etc.

For the Scourge, I have skimmed though a lot of english words, and it seems like "host" would best describe different groups of an unstoppable undead army unleashed upon the world, kind of like a swarm or a calamity.
That way you could get the Host of Death (purple), the Host of Pestilence or Plagues (green), the Host of Famine (orange), the Host of Blood (red), etc.

What do you think? Did you ever think about something like this?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Regarding Warcraft III:
The Scourge is seen as one so, probably they have few affiliations, for instance The Cult of the Damned.

Also, there are subfactions within all of the 4 major factions like The Order of the Knights of the Silver Hand.
For instance taurens have tribes and some of them (tauren; not sure if more than the Bloodhoof tribe) joined the Horde (but we know of none other than them in Warcraft III. Similarly with the trolls, especially the Darkspear.
The Sentinels are called the Sentinel army in the manual for instance.
The Burning Legion has subfactions called Forces.

Maybe you'll get something out of the World of Warcraft wikis, though.

Anyways, you could also run wild with words that you think fit.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Scourge doesn't really have anything similar. The scourge is referring to the group of undead controlled by the Lich King which does not have sub-factions, it's a single entity.
If you meant undead in general there are Forsaken and Knights of the Ebon Blade and that's it, I think? I got no clue if it's called something special.

Aren't sentinels the name of the night elf forces? it's just a job type or another name for the army.

Status
Not open for further replies.