• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Idems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Or you can simply use Special Effect actions:

Special Effect - Add (Your sword model) to the "right hand" of (unit picking up item).
Set HeroWeapon = (Last created special effect).

IF you want to remove weapon, use

Special Effect - Destroy HeroWeapon.

It is more complicated way, but it is good to know all ways ;)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
And about that thing of variables; i don't like the idea. Why? Because it could lead into a great bugg with or without variables. If each unit that picks a weapon receives a variable for storing information, then a variable would be needed for every unit or hero of the map.

-Rui

Level 18
sure you are right, and its surely harder to make these triggers i have tested it and without some help from another map whihc has this wield weapon system i wouldnt be able to do those triggers by myself. but on the other side i dont understand really what vgsatomi said, or i dont find the right space where i should write these words in.. and what words?!

Question: vgsatomi can u explain me WHERE should i writee the words in.. exactly the line and how its called, and WHAT should i write in?! two questions, if they qill be answered i will be happy and see much clearer.. (i know my english is very bad, but hope u know what i mean) ;)

Level 22
Question: vgsatomi can u explain me WHERE should i writee the words in..

Basically every item has an ability. Every ability has an effect. So when you assign an item an ability, go to the item ability section in the object editor. Under your ability there will be a a few lines for attachments. That is where you can assign where and what to attach.

For referance to what I'm talking about, look at the orb item effects (orb of fire, orb of frost, ect).
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.