• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas to my spellcaster unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Crystal Ball (Active): Casts Reveal. Also passively gives True Sight, greatly extends sight and attack range, and creates a flying dummy unit that follows the wizard to let him see up cliffs.

Manabolt (Channeling): While channeling, increases attack by X per second (if channeling is interrupted, bonus damage stays but stops going up). Bonus damage applies for the next few attacks. Damage type becomes Magic while effect is active. If channeling was completed without interruption, also adds an effect to every attack while active, depending on wizard color:
* Fire: Splash.
* Earth: Stun.
* Water: Slow.
* Air: knockback.

Shield Bubble (Active): Creates a controllable ethereal Shield Bubble that increases the armor and buffs units within it (boosted Devotion aura with range consistent with bubble's model and collision size). By default, follows the wizard when summoned. Bubble gives an additional effect depends on the wizard's color:
* Fire: Increases armor and damage.
* Earth: Greatly increases armor.
* Water: Increases armor, mana and HP regen.
* Air: Increases armor, movement and attackspeed).

Portal to Elemental Plane (Active): Targets an area, affecting all units in the AoE. Effect depends on wizard color:
* Fire: DoT, all units have Incinerate debuff.
* Earth: Stun, removes all buffs.
* Water: Slow, all units have reduced attack.
* Air: Pushes back all units in AoE from caster.

Last edited:
Level 14
Disguise self: change colour to take a random colour so that while doing hit and run enemies can not know which kind of wizard you are using at each time.
3 other abilities depending on the type of the wizard such as heal or dispel magic(avoid blasting abilities on a spam-able unit: else you risk to face situations where a player can kill a hero with barely any possible counter-play).

Level 5
Imo that depends a lot on the theme your going for, and what else your map has to offer - gotta make it fit in somehow ;) He's a very generic spell caster model, meaning a lot of styles would fit him, if you're asking me.

Do you have any other spell casters, and what is the purpose of the hero? :)

PS: sorry if you don't need this kind of feedback, just thought it was relevant

Level 6
Crystal Ball (Active): Casts Reveal. Also passively gives True Sight, greatly extends sight and attack range, and creates a flying dummy unit that follows the wizard to let him see up cliffs.

Manabolt (Channeling): While channeling, increases attack by X per second (if channeling is interrupted, bonus damage stays but stops going up). Bonus damage applies for the next few attacks. Damage type becomes Magic while effect is active. If channeling was completed without interruption, also adds an effect to every attack while active, depending on wizard color:
* Fire: Splash.
* Earth: Stun.
* Water: Slow.
* Air: knockback.

Shield Bubble (Active): Creates a controllable ethereal Shield Bubble that increases the armor and buffs units within it (boosted Devotion aura with range consistent with bubble's model and collision size). By default, follows the wizard when summoned. Bubble gives an additional effect depends on the wizard's color:
* Fire: Increases armor and damage.
* Earth: Greatly increases armor.
* Water: Increases armor, mana and HP regen.
* Air: Increases armor, movement and attackspeed).

Portal to Elemental Plane (Active): Targets an area, affecting all units in the AoE. Effect depends on wizard color:
* Fire: DoT, all units have Incinerate debuff.
* Earth: Stun, removes all buffs.
* Water: Slow, all units have reduced attack.
* Air: Pushes back all units in AoE from caster.
Noted

Level 6
Disguise self: change colour to take a random colour so that while doing hit and run enemies can not know which kind of wizard you are using at each time.
3 other abilities depending on the type of the wizard such as heal or dispel magic(avoid blasting abilities on a spam-able unit: else you risk to face situations where a player can kill a hero with barely any possible counter-play).
Noted

Level 6
Imo that depends a lot on the theme your going for, and what else your map has to offer - gotta make it fit in somehow ;) He's a very generic spell caster model, meaning a lot of styles would fit him, if you're asking me.

Do you have any other spell casters, and what is the purpose of the hero? :)

PS: sorry if you don't need this kind of feedback, just thought it was relevant
You're absolutely right! I really need to specify better.

the theme is about a generic magician with generic abilities, for example: Conjuration, Enchantment (runas), Abjuration (protection), Alchemy, Divinization,Evocation, Illusion, etc.

I still have not decided how many magical units I will use and neither function of each.

the universe of the map is a mixture of various cultures of our world. the (human) race of which we are speaking is of European matrix, so it must follow some European aspects of diferent ages, not specifically medieval.

this race is based on Empire faction (Warhammer Fantasy) but with others thematics.

on the model, I intend perhaps to use either the current Generic Wizard or the Archmagi of the same author.

I made some changes: there will be 7 or 5 skills for each caster, just like Warcraft II.

if you have ideas for at least two other spellcaster and a hero, I'm grateful right away.

Level 6
Maybe a one-hero squad system, where the four wizards are permanently Spirit Linked and move when the main one does, three of them cast AoE spells via AI, and target whatever the controlled wizard shoots an attack or a targeted spell at.
i will use only one of them.
sorry for not explain :(
but your idea is cool!
Noted.

Level 5
You're absolutely right! I really need to specify better.

the theme is about a generic magician with generic abilities, for example: Conjuration, Enchantment (runas), Abjuration (protection), Alchemy, Divinization,Evocation, Illusion, etc.

I still have not decided how many magical units I will use and neither function of each.

the universe of the map is a mixture of various cultures of our world. the (human) race of which we are speaking is of European matrix, so it must follow some European aspects of diferent ages, not specifically medieval.

this race is based on Empire faction (Warhammer Fantasy) but with others thematics.

on the model, I intend perhaps to use either the current Generic Wizard or the Archmagi of the same author.

I made some changes: there will be 7 or 5 skills for each caster, just like Warcraft II.

if you have ideas for at least two other spellcaster and a hero, I'm grateful right away.

Ah, sounds really cool! Thought it might help others as well, but I see you're getting some nice ideas despite. Don't have any ideas myself atm, but I'll let you know as soon as I come up with something! ;)

Level 15
well I guess abilities depends on wich kind of map or gameplay you want to set up: if you want arena combat aggresive abilities will be the best (thunder, firebolts, iceorb...) but if you want to create a different gameplay (for example, each mage have a unique way to pass the same map traps) then the abilities must be different too. Finally if the game is for craft items abilities that improve or mix objects or helps to found materials are more important. So what do you want to do?

Level 6
well I guess abilities depends on wich kind of map or gameplay you want to set up: if you want arena combat aggresive abilities will be the best (thunder, firebolts, iceorb...) but if you want to create a different gameplay (for example, each mage have a unique way to pass the same map traps) then the abilities must be different too. Finally if the game is for craft items abilities that improve or mix objects or helps to found materials are more important. So what do you want to do?
is a Altered/Custom Melee Map.

Level 28
Fire:
* Flame Strike
* Firebolt
* Aura of Arson: While in range, allied units gain the Liquid Fire ability.
* Summon Salamander
* Flaming Swords: Targets an area. All allied units in the area have the Incinerate (passive) ability for X seconds.
* Updraft (channeling): Targets an area and sets it on fire. All ground units take minor damage, all flying units are knocked back from the area while the spell is in effect.

Earth:
* Earthquake
* Hurl Boulder
* Aura of Inertia: While in range, allied units gain the Spell Block ability.
* Earthen Cage: Targets a unit. Temporary earthen walls (belonging to the player, can be dispelled) appear around the unit. Walls have high HP, Fortified armor, and Resistant Skin.
* Bend Metal (Channeling): Targets an area. All enemy units have reduced damage.
* Subterranean Sword: Targets an area. All units in the area are hit by a single-target Impale.

Water:
* Blizzard
* Frost Bolt
* Aura of Rejuvenation: While in range, allied units have the Regeneration buff (even in combat).
* Summon Fountain of Mana
* Deluge (channeling): Targets an area. All enemy units in the area have their move and attack speed slowed while the spell is in effect.
* Whirlpool: Targets an area. All units in the area are sucked towards the central point.

Air:
* Tornado
* Sleep
* Aura of Zephyrs: While in range, allied ranged units have increased range.
* Summon Hawk
* Winds of Magic (Channeling): Targets an area. Applies a Spell Steal (for the caster) to every unit in the area every second of channeling.
* Windstorm: Targets a point. Knocks back all units in a cone starting from the caster (X range, cone width of +/-30° from the caster's facing).

Level 14
Fire:
* Flame Strike
* Firebolt
* Aura of Arson: While in range, allied units gain the Liquid Fire ability.
* Summon Salamander
* Flaming Swords: Targets an area. All allied units in the area have the Incinerate (passive) ability for X seconds.
* Updraft (channeling): Targets an area and sets it on fire. All ground units take minor damage, all flying units are knocked back from the area while the spell is in effect.

Earth:
* Earthquake
* Hurl Boulder
* Aura of Inertia: While in range, allied units gain the Spell Block ability.
* Earthen Cage: Targets a unit. Temporary earthen walls (belonging to the player, can be dispelled) appear around the unit. Walls have high HP, Fortified armor, and Resistant Skin.
* Bend Metal (Channeling): Targets an area. All enemy units have reduced damage.
* Subterranean Sword: Targets an area. All units in the area are hit by a single-target Impale.

Water:
* Blizzard
* Frost Bolt
* Aura of Rejuvenation: While in range, allied units have the Regeneration buff (even in combat).
* Summon Fountain of Mana
* Deluge (channeling): Targets an area. All enemy units in the area have their move and attack speed slowed while the spell is in effect.
* Whirlpool: Targets an area. All units in the area are sucked towards the central point.

Air:
* Tornado
* Sleep
* Aura of Zephyrs: While in range, allied ranged units have increased range.
* Summon Hawk
* Winds of Magic (Channeling): Targets an area. Applies a Spell Steal (for the caster) to every unit in the area every second of channeling.
* Windstorm: Targets a point. Knocks back all units in a cone starting from the caster (X range, cone width of +/-30° from the caster's facing).
All those auras are quite powerful so unless those wizards have high food costs(like 4 or more) I think all the armies will have at least the earth mage(spell shield is very powerful even if it works only once during the battle)

Level 28
Some spell ideas for the schools of magic:

Divination:
* Reveals every enemy unit on the map.
* Reveals every building on the map.
* Stuns every invisible unit for X seconds.

Conjuration:
* Mass Teleport
* Dark Summoning
* Nether Portal: Summons a random Neutral Hostile demon.

Abjuration:
* Scroll of Protection
* Dispel Magic
* Scroll of Healing

Alchemy:
* Transmutation: Severely reduces an enemy unit's attack speed and damage. If killed while the effect is active, grants gold.
* Imbue Essence: Target unit receives a random buff to attackspeed, damage, armor or HP regen.
* Apothecary: Creates a random healing item worth 0 gold.

Illusion:
* Wand Of Illusion
* Clouded by Hatred: Target unit gains large armor, attackspeed and damage bonuses but becomes Neutral Hostile for X seconds.
* Mirror Armor: Targets a unit. If target unit is attacked while the effect is active, creates an illusion of the unit.

Level 6

Divination:

Conjuration:
* Mass Teleport
* Dark Summoning

Abjuration:
* Scroll of Protection
* Dispel Magic
* Scroll of Healing

Alchemy:
* Transmutation: Severely reduces an enemy unit's attack speed and damage. If killed while the effect is active, grants gold.
* Imbue Essence: Target unit receives a random buff to attackspeed, damage, armor or HP regen.

Illusion:
* Wand Of Illusion
* Clouded by Hatred: Target unit gains large armor, attackspeed and damage bonuses but becomes Neutral Hostile for X seconds.
* Mirror Armor: Targets a unit. If target unit is attacked while the effect is active, creates an illusion of the unit.
Noted.

Level 6

Divination:

Conjuration:
* Mass Teleport
* Dark Summoning

Abjuration:
* Scroll of Protection
* Dispel Magic
* Scroll of Healing

Alchemy:

Illusion:
* Wand Of Illusion
i need some ideas to my hero.
is a Dwarven Hero, a Valkyrie, based on Direfury's Dwarf Demon Huntress.
i need 5 Abilities.
3 Normal
2 Ultimate

Level 28
Can't find it, mind posting a link?

Hammer of Justice (Active): Targets an area. Repeatedly heals X damage to allied units and deals Y damage to enemies in the area.

Smite Evil (Passive): Gives chance to stun when attacking, deals extra damage with every attack to Demon and Undead units.

Flight (Drains Mana): Becomes a flying unit, moving faster and gaining a ranged attack against ground targets and a melee attack against air units. Deals minor AoE damage on landing.

Ride of the Valkyries (Active): Targets a point. Summons several Valkyries to fly in a straight line towards the point, dealing damage and knockback to all ground units along the way.

Chooser of the Slain (Active): Whenever an allied unit dies in X range of the Valkyrie, a dummy unit puts its corpse in storage. When cast, resurrects up to X of these units for a limited time (units count as living and have Drunken Brawler and Drunken Haze due to being pulled out of the drinking halls of their forefathers).

Level 6

Hammer of Justice (Active): Targets an area. Repeatedly heals X damage to allied units and deals Y damage to enemies in the area.

Smite Evil (Passive): Gives chance to stun when attacking, deals extra damage with every attack to Demon and Undead units.

Flight (Drains Mana): Becomes a flying unit, moving faster and gaining a ranged attack against ground targets and a melee attack against air units. Deals minor AoE damage on landing.

Ride of the Valkyries (Active): Targets a point. Summons several Valkyries to fly in a straight line towards the point, dealing damage and knockback to all ground units along the way.

Chooser of the Slain (Active): Whenever an allied unit dies in X range of the Valkyrie, a dummy unit puts its corpse in storage. When cast, resurrects up to X of these units for a limited time (units count as living and have Drunken Brawler and Drunken Haze due to being pulled out of the drinking halls of their forefathers).
Dwarf Demon Huntress

Level 6

Hhmm... Good! noted!
Thank you!

Level 28
Oh, so she actually turns into a demon. That'll be problematic. Okay, a revised edition:

Valkyrie:

Sword of Justice (Active): Targets an area. Allied units regain 25% of their total HP, enemy units lose 25% of their current HP.

Fear the Straw-Death (Active): While the effect is active, an allied unit that dies near the Valkyrie deals X damage to the killing unit. A unit that flees while this buff is active takes high damage and does not qualify for Chooser of the Slain.

Ride of the Valkyries (Active): Targets a point. Flies in a straight line towards the target point, dealing damage and knockback to all ground units along the way.

-

Gorequeen:

Hell Forge (Active): Increases the damage and attack speed of all units in X range of the Gorequeen. Deals damage to the Gorequeen.

Berserkergang (Passive): Has negative but very slow HP regen outside of combat. When in combat, has high HP regen and a lifedrain attack.

Sacrifice (Active): Targets a friendly unit at melee range. Kills the unit, giving its mana and health to the Gorequeen, and creates a Skeleton Warrior in its place.

Maelstrom of Gore (Active): Targets a point. All enemy units in the area are dragged to the point, taking minor damage over time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.