• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ideas for Aura ability for Chaos Kodo beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I am making a complete race for Chaos Orcs and all units must have abilities (custom abilities) that can make ladder players interested. I am now remaking many things of the race and balancing it as well. So, I must remake Kodo beast. It came to my attention, if the Kodo beast increases allies attack, maybe the Kodo Chaos beast can decrease enmies attack... but that is a newbie idea ... I want something fresh, something new... I need ideas =P

Btw, the Chaos Orcs are a mainly an offensive race in my map. They are also excellent teammates for Undead allies.

I am open to ideas, rep++ is given as motivation for people that post ideas.

Level 15
Chaos Battle Drums- Whenever a unit under the effect of this ability attacks, there is a chance for it to be gain attack damage/attack speed/whatever.
OR
Rhythm of Brutality- Gives all affected units a chance to do critical strike.
OR
Chaos Drums- Creates chaos for enemy units, causing them to miss once in a while.
OR
War Beat- Decreases the armour of enemy units slightly. Whenever a unit under this effect dies, allies near it will gain attack bonus for a short duration.
Typical, I know.

Chaos Battle Drums- Whenever a unit under the effect of this ability attacks, there is a chance for it to be gain attack damage/attack speed/whatever.
Mmm seems nice.
Rhythm of Brutality- Gives all affected units a chance to do critical strike.
OR
Chaos Drums- Creates chaos for enemy units, causing them to miss once in a while.
OR
War Beat- Decreases the armour of enemy units slightly. Whenever a unit under this effect dies, allies near it will gain attack bonus for a short duration.
I can't use these ... I already have them in hero spells of some sort.

Drums of Chaos - The beat of this chaotic drum increases nearby unit's HP as well as attack speed and damage.
Increass Units hp mmmm Having in mind Chaos Orcs lack defensive abilities, I think that +hp and + attack will do the job just fine. Please elaborate this idea, do you think the bonus damage should be given as a percentage? What about the hp?
I really think I might use this, thx !

instead of the standard war drums with the % increase of allied units damage, it could be an increase by a % of the kodo beasts damage.
This is not a good idea ... this will bring great conflict if a unit is near several kodos. I don't intend this ti stack you know xD

Hp could be the same idea, Or, rather, the closer the unit is to the kodo beast, the more hp it can be given. This could be used as for the damage as well.
Mmmm.... quite a realistic idea ... I may like it xD

Level 15
Rhythm of Triumph- Each time an enemy unit is killed by your units, all nearby allies gain attack speed and nearby enemies get reduced attack damage.

Beat of Cowardice- Gives affected enemies a chance to lose their ability to attack for a short time and try and run away each time they get attacked. (Use Drunken Haze to disable attack)

Drums of Courage- When attacking a unit that is currently not attacking (check if current command is attack or something), you will deal more damage.
[If you want, combine this with the above aura]
Another failed attempt :(

Level 3
What if the Chaos Kodo Beast had three Non-Targetable allied buff abilities, so its like he could play different rhythms. Like, "Drum of War" would be temporary bonus attack damage, "Drum of Chaos" increases MS/AS temporarily and "Drum of the Warchief" would increase health temporarily.

Level 15
Chaos March (need better name) - grants all nearby allies a chance to deal chaos damage on attack, based on percentage of their lost health. stacks with Chaotic Rage. doesn't stack with itself.

basically it gonna be something like ten times weaker than original Chaotic Rage (aka ~10% Chaos damage chance at 1% hp), so Grunt, Peon and Raider retain their uniqueness. thought this kind of ability would go well with whole Chaos Orc philosophy

Status
Not open for further replies.