1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by IcemanBo, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh fuck the contest love, I hope you'll get through that with the least amount of pain as possible. No hard feelings whatsoever, just get well. There'll be other times to team up, but there's one of you momentarily.

@Misha, I look fabulous =) I'm not sure what the thing on her breasts is supposed to mean tho, it looks a bit clustered, but that might be just the viewing angle. Looks nice overall =)

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @Apheraz Lucent , its.. a thing hayate suggested o3o ya know, team feedback

3. Exarch

Exarch

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Just putting a note;
    if anyone need a team member. Pick me up:ahug:
    @MiniMage oh man im so sorry for your pain. Im always scared to form kidney stones yet i barely drink few drops of water a day even when im thirsty to death and that glass of water awaits it's destiny to evaporation in my desk. Hope you can recover quickly!

4. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think I'll just drop out completely, there not being enough time left on the clock, and having most of people I'd collab with taken already.

Unsubbing from thread, and waiting for the poll.
    Good luck guys.

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just shortly about the "off-topic" contest discussion: As Hive contests is mostly meant to be an excuse to make something and have fun/learn something while doing it, I cannot see a reason to put much limit on feedback. Sure extremely detailed replies that basically design/create the resource in question would be pointless. But suggestions about adding more shading or consider a potential leak is not something I see a problem with - again as long as its learn by doing. Not describing in detail where and how to create the shade, but let the person in question know that it might be missing, and thus e.g. give an opportunity for a new experience.

Shame, but understandable given the circumstances, at least Misha's team ensures that you are here per representative.. Not much reason to unsub? Or is it not to ruin the surprise?

Darn man, best of luck with it and here is to a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible.

6. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Here's our first wip for the portrait icon of @Deolrin

Attached Files:

7. Apheraz Lucent

Apheraz Lucent

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Apparently, when you unsub it doesn't prevent people quoting you throwing an alert.

@RED BARON Well the team left and I can't be bothered to find a new one, not much reason for me to stay here. I won't see anything that I will not see in a month when poll's up.

8. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @~Nightmare , that's artfully ugly :) because, ya know.. trolls. This captures the uniqueness of them :)

9. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It is our moderator's jobs to make contests as fair as possible, when "feedback" is dished out at random there is no
    way of asserting the level of fairness this behaviour fosters. Do not blame them for trying to make it equally fair and
    winnable for everyone who enters. This is a question of equity, not of fun. Fun is what you make of it, there is ample
    opportunity to have fun in a competitive environment without a level of feedback which makes the contest inherently
    biased. The administration approves of the actions of the moderators.

10. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Each team should give feedback to every team otherwise, it's not fair, I agree. Thing is, only two teams have put forth WiPs, from what I remember and the entries list says.

11. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Contest ends on the 22nd, so there is still a lot of time for WIPs.

12. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    So why a contest thread at all then? it will always be random and uncontrollable anyways. just lock the thread then, let the contestants send a wip of their works to the host and you're done.

the strategy followed here is directly contradicted by the fact that you have to upload your stuff in the ressource section. Say I'll finish my stuff tomorrow, I'll get way more feedback till the deadline then others. or do you want to do it like in the thread and check every ressource thread for possibly too much feedback? good luck on that.

13. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, WiPs should be seen by all contestants for proof reasons not only by the judges.

14. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    One of the reasons this rule exists is because a lot of great resources come out of contests, and it is sort of a shame to have them just rot in an arena thread.

We've been working on a big revamp for the Arena section at the moment (mostly IcemanBo), and this issue was brought up. The best solution in my opinion is to automatically lock the thread of a resource when they select the Contest Entry tag. The issue is that this will require some work on Ralle's end, so as of right now, the rule we had agreed on has actually been posted in the original post of the contest since it started:

15. Flux

Flux

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Your resource thread will be locked until the contest is finished. Then again, no one's stoping someone from messaging you privately about feedback on your resource.

16. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    .. can we change the subject? 'n'

17. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Texture Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Almost there.. or it is done already :xxd:

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      244.1 KB
      Views:
  18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I guess, it's too on spot. @Misha's is a bit more symbolic you know...

19. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    As it was free to the team however they wanted to interpret their chosen user, we went less for the modelling side of his "personality" and more for his troll side :wink:

20. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    well i am done .u. I completed what i wanted to make and should probably post it in the resource section tomorrow. can't say i'm completely happy, since i had to assemble, wrap, animate, and tweak all of the model myself. but its cohesive, works ingame, and has everything i wanted to add

although somehow i've managed to generate 2-3 glitches that i don't have a clue how to fix Ouo but that'll have to wait, for this darn thing to be done and dusted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.