• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want to make few spells but don't know how

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
1. I want to make spell that make caster to fall asleep after this. Example:
Unit X casts Holy Lights -> then fall asleep for 5 sec.

2. Another spell: It has to be ability that deals X dmg and spawns X Skeletons if unit dies from this spell. I tried to do something with Black Arrow, but didn't work.

3. Another: Spell-skill shot. Player has to aim enemy unit.

4. I wan't to make aoe ability, something like warriors whirlwind, but can't find any good animation. Is there in World Editor any?

I appreciate any help

Level 13
1. just use holy light, then make a trigger which creates a dummy unit that casts sleep
sth like:
  • Events
    • Unit - a Unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Ability being cast equal to "your holy light"
  • Actions
    • Unit - create dummy dummy a postion of casting unit
    • add expiration timer to last created unit
    • Unit - order last created unit to Dreadlord - Sleep casting unit
2. and 3. can be done with triggers as well, but can't be explained as fast

4. What about blademaster ultimate?

Level 11
1. Create a dummy unit that casts sleep on the caster.
2. It's almost impossible to be certain whether the caster caused the killing blow or not, but you can do some things like having a wait after the spell is cast and check if the target is dead. Things like Black Arrow do this deliberately since timing killing blows is stupid.
3. Base it off shockwave? Or another ground targeted ability. If you want a different effect you can have a dummy unit cast the actual ability.
4. Blademaster of course has the bladestorm animation. No other units really have one. I can't think of any good special effects to use to give the idea, either.

EDIT: ninja'd~

Status
Not open for further replies.