• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I want to know your (the Users) opinion and give suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Yeah, a really long title, but it basically says everything, that i want to say.

Here is the full Description: I made a Model of Hellfire Citadel, because i wanted to have one (and own one) and now i am out of Ideas and want to know your opinion of it. Also your encouraged to give suggestions on what to add, what to change and what to remove.

I will be listening to you and take your suggestions in consideration.

Here is the Picture:
HellfireCitadel(Outland).PNG

Also i took this Picture as inspiration and it took almost a Month to finish the shape and texture.

Level 30
As of right now, it doesn't really feel like a ctiadel. The walls are sort of bland, and the "main structure" isn't appealing. I would maybe create a big base for the ctiadel portion, which would act as an eye catcher. Other than that, I like the colors you chose and the gate looks really nice.

Okay. Noted. But could you give some examples? Even if they are just pictures of real buildings.

Level 30
24008463_1507539049339131_874549139_n.png

A big wall
Tower
Prisons
Spikes

Thank you for visualizing your suggestions.

Context is everything. What is this being made for? And what role (doodad, structure, destructible) does it fill?

Role: Special Building for the Fel Horde/Magtheridon's Forces. Can be build only once/Can exist only once.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Role: Special Building for the Fel Horde/Magtheridon's Forces. Can be build only once/Can exist only once.
Ah. In that case, I'd say it's probably just fine. It was meant as his standard, buildable structure (e.g. the Town Hall or Barracks), I'd have a few things to say about its proportions and the way the space is used. But as a special sort of "campaign" structure... Nevermind. : )

Level 30
Ah. In that case, I'd say it's probably just fine. It was meant as his standard, buildable structure (e.g. the Town Hall or Barracks), I'd have a few things to say about its proportions and the way the space is used. But as a special sort of "campaign" structure... Nevermind. : )

Well it doesn't have to be a campaign. It could also be something like "Azeroth Wars". A shame that Outland can't use it's full potential in the "Azeroth Wars"-Map Series considering the limited space there (Same with Gilneas. That is a small town there not a huge city like it is supposed to be.).

Level 30
Okay i did some of the suggestions from @Diegoit and here is the result.

HellfireCitadel2(Outland).PNG
  • Some new decorations
  • Two new towers
  • New Spikes at the front
The thing that is missing from his Suggestions are his prisons, but i want to implement them in a special way. (If you know what i mean)
Also about the big walls: You have to imagine this thing in front of you: The Walls will tower over you several times.

Hey @stein123 @Kyrbi0 do you have any idea on how i can incorporate them in this thing?

Level 21

• Some new decorations
  • Two new towers
The thing that is missing from his Suggestions are his prisons, but i want to implement them in a special way. (If you know what i mean)
Also about the big walls: You have to imagine this thing in front of you: The Walls will tower over you several times.

Hey @stein123 @Kyrbi0 do you have any idea on how i can incorporate them in this thing?
Wow its better now.

Level 21

• Some new decorations
  • Two new towers

Wow its better now.

Level 30
OKay I added the Prisons in the form of Cages:

HellfireCitadel3(Outland).PNG
  • Added a foundation that you cannot see, because it is underground.
  • Added the Prisons (well a part of it) in the form of Cages on a small platform.
  • Added the "Shattered Halls". Well it is supposed to be that.
  • Made the Entire thing bigger. 35% bigger than before.

@Diegoit @Kyrbi0 @KILLCIDE tell me your opinion and keep in mind: NOT a Melee Building, but a Special Building, that exists only once per map.

Level 21
OKay I added the Prisons in the form of Cages:

• Added a foundation that you cannot see, because it is underground.
  • Added the Prisons (well a part of it) in the form of Cages on a small platform.
  • Added the "Shattered Halls". Well it is supposed to be that.
  • Made the Entire thing bigger. 35% bigger than before.

@Diegoit @Kyrbi0 @KILLCIDE tell me your opinion and keep in mind: NOT a Melee Building, but a Special Building, that exists only once per map.
Wow its awezome now, it will be a main building?

Level 30
Looks way better than your original. My only gripe is the that the red you chose for the spikes around the ramps is different from all the other red. Normally this isn't bad, but it has a high concentration of red, which makes it really stand out and it has that cartoon-y vibe to it.

Thank you for the feedback, but i want to know: Which Spikes are using only red? Almost all spikes (All Spikes around the Edges are using a non reddish texture) are using team color. As far as i know.

Well let me ask it different: What do you see as very red Spikes?

Wow its awezome now, it will be a main building?

Well not a Main building per se. It is classified as a Main Building, but you can't upgrade it. Just think of Azeroth Wars. There are Special Buildings like the Hellfire Citadel and Black Temple and they are Main Buildings, yet they can't be upgraded.

Level 21
Thank you for the feedback, but i want to know: Which Spikes are using only red? Almost all spikes (All Spikes around the Edges are using a non reddish texture) are using team color. As far as i know.

Well let me ask it different: What do you see as very red Spikes?

Well not a Main building per se. It is classified as a Main Building, but you can't upgrade it. Just think of Azeroth Wars. There are Special Buildings like the Hellfire Citadel and Black Temple and they are Main Buildings, yet they can't be upgraded.
Oh, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.