• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] I thought I had this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I was basically making a "cleaving transmute" so to speak. It works fine, but seems to cause huge lag and leaks in game. I have removed all the leaks I could see.. what else is there?
huhe.jpg

Level 5
the wait is indeed very bad. there need to be locals, otherwise the waits will bug.
i think you need "A Unit is damaged" for what you want to do

Level 13
the wait is indeed very bad. there need to be locals, otherwise the waits will bug.
i think you need "A Unit is damaged" for what you want to do

1. yeah the wait bugs
2. there is no "a unit is damaged"

Sadly "unit takes damage" only works for specified units :/
And this is supposed to work on all units.

What you need is a damage detecting system. (i am sure there is one in spells)

Level 19
I was basically making a "cleaving transmute" so to speak. It works fine, but seems to cause huge lag and leaks in game. I have removed all the leaks I could see.. what else is there?
huhe.jpg

I think I can see what causes this lagg. Your trigger event will run instant again when your dummy unit cast the spell on the units, that will cause a huge loop.

Level 5
1. yeah the wait bugs
2. there is no "a unit is damaged"

Sadly "unit takes damage" only works for specified units :/
And this is supposed to work on all units.

What you need is a damage detecting system. (i am sure there is one in spells)

yeah i actually meant unit takes damage, but nvm.
either you need a damage detection system or you create one easy by yourself by adding all units to the event and then checking the buff, but this is not a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.