• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I Think I'm In Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Shadow is obviously the shadow of this project. He doesn't talk but he may make some gestures and watch everything that we are doing :)
Psh. I didn't even know this forum existed until today...

Freakazoid said:
We aint all shadows.
Well, you should be. Otherwise you will implement any system that looks "cool" and get yourself an incompatibility bomb that will make your map a "poo" just like the systems you put into it.

Level 15
Psh. I didn't even know this forum existed until today...

Well, you should be. Otherwise you will implement any system that looks "cool" and get yourself an incompatibility bomb that will make your map a "poo" just like the systems you put into it.

Guys, Master Shadow is right. It's something like using a swiss knife scissors to cut a long piece of paper. it's uncomfortable, hard to control, and probably you won't obtain the best cut; but if you use a normal scissor, you get the best result. The same happens with super systems, they are so general that they do the things in an inefficient way, because each function should work in a huge amount of conditions. At the end, general systems is like putting GUI again to a map.

I hope you get my point. I suggest to make our own systems, doing that, we will get the best result and a more efficient map.

Level 7
Guys, Master Shadow is right. It's something like using a swiss knife scissors to cut a long piece of paper. it's uncomfortable, hard to control, and probably you won't obtain the best cut; but if you use a normal scissor, you get the best result. The same happens with super systems, they are so general that they do the things in an inefficient way, because each function should work in a huge amount of conditions. At the end, general systems is like putting GUI again to a map.

I hope you get my point. I suggest to make our own systems, doing that, we will get the best result and a more efficient map.

Ok, 'Jassers' get to work then, If i knew Jass, I would do it ,..

Status
Not open for further replies.