• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need a reason for Taurens to be in Lordearon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrRious

M

MrRious

I'm making an Orc campaign which is a prequel to RoC. The problem is Taurens don't live in Lordearon. Because of that, you shouldn't be able to recruit them.

I could simply replace them with Ogres, but I think it's lazy and I don't want to modify the already existing race.

MrRious

M

MrRious

Btw. The story is about The Blackrock Clan's first encounter with The Burning Legion.

Level 34
Hmm, it's kinda hard, because at that time most of the Taure tribes were at war with the Centaur, and also the tauren doesn't have decent ships to travel from one continent to another; Maybe an expedition searching for allies to help them with their war get lost at the sea, and ended landing in the shores of azeroth, with no way to return, they found the help of the Blackrock clan, wich promises to help them with they're war later if they help them first?

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Level 10
If it was me, I'd just swap them to ogres. Don't even have to change any tech or abilities, just change models and names. But that's just me.

Sticking with Tauren though, this gets easier if it can be anywhere in the Eastern Kingdoms and not just Lordearon specifically. Tauren are one of the ancient races that was around during the War of the Ancients, so it's certainly plausible that a tribe ended up cut off somewhere away from Kalimdor after the Sundering. (Think of the Highmountain Tauren in Legion.) You could do something similar, on an island or any other remote area humans haven't reached.

One option - Balor, an island kingdom located off the coast of Stormwind/Westfall.
Another option - the isolated mountainous area north of Redridge/east of Burning Steppes.

Either of these would be close to the region around Blackrock Spire where the Blackrock Clan was based.

Level 9
Hm. Kinda hard to put your finger on it since Taurens are all over the place nowdays despite them living fairly isolated lives on Kalimdor while battling Centaurs or the Grimtotem Tribe during the events of Reign of Chaos. The main reason why they started moving around so much is because they joined the Horde when Cairn formed a bond of brotherhood with Thrall. So where the Horde goes, Tauren are likely to be there as well.
Would be pretty hard to think that a Tauren wandered across the great sea and landed on the other side of the world.

The only reason I could think of Tauren to be there would be for Druidic purposes. Since Taurens can be Spirit Walkers (TFT lore) and Druids (WoW lore), I presume they would most likely travel there in an attempt to heal the land or better understand what happened there since the stories were unsatisfactory.

Level 12
Outside of the box idea - tauren exile warlocks who fled kalimdor to the twisted nether, persecuted by their brothers for using evil arts, now used by kil'jaeden whose minions intercepted them. sent to the draenor before the first war to teach the orcs the ways of the warlock (maybe even trained Gul Dan!)... their children though which they made with fellow female cow warlocks did not inherit their wits... or maybe even were purposefully dropped as babies so the power-hungry warlocks wouldn't worry about having their children usurp their power - so they are not so smart and just bash things.

This would also explain why thrall was so cool with the taurens when he met them because he met them before as allies of the horde.

Last edited:
Level 11
Are you doing a story faithful to any established lore or are you taking artistic licenses for narrative purposes?

If so you could consider adding time-space warping Taurens reaching Lordaeron before any other among their kin ever did, as a minor seasoning to the story you're cooking :D.

MrRious

M

MrRious

But Blackrock Clan first encountered Burning Legion back in Draenor, technically, no?
Also not changing such a big lore-offending thing is way more lazy than replacing Tauren with Ogres.

I know Orcs knew about the demons long before the Azeroth wars. In my campaign, the Blackrock Clan praises Legion, not because demons are cool, but because they hope they'll help them survive after most of the Horde left and while Humies wanna get rid of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 34
I know Orcs knew about the demons long before the Azeroth wars. In my campaign, the Blackrock Clan praises Legion, not because demons are cool, but because they hope they'll help them survive after most of the Horde left and Humies wanna get rid of them.
Well, so, how do Taurens fit in there? they're enemies of the Legion, it's part of their culture (Their ancestor fought them in the war of the ancients) :c

MrRious

M

MrRious

Well, so, how do Taurens fit in there? they're enemies of the Legion, it's part of their culture (Their ancestor fought them in the war of the ancients) :c

They'll help Orcs but will rebel, once they'll learn who they are working for.

Edit : Let me put it this way: Not everyone will enjoy the idea of working for demons.

Last edited by a moderator:

Triceron

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 11
It's very odd that you want to keep it consistent to canon, but work with a completely anachronistic variation of the Blackrock Clan.

There's no way to properly insert the Tauren without either allowing artistic liscence, or simply ignore the lore implications altogether as a part of suspension of disbelief. There's no middle ground when you're trying to tell a story in Lordaeron in a time and place where Tauren simply never existed.

I agree with others, simply replace Tauren units with Ogres. Chieftain -> Ogre Lord, Tauren -> Ogre, Spirit Walker -> Ogre Mage. Keep the units the same, just swap the art and voices.

Otherwise, you're free to make your own lore up for whatever rogue Tauren faction travelling to Lordaeron that joins the Blackrocks and convinces them not to serve the Legion. I mean, if we have Highmountains and Yaungols and Taunka all over the world and we have Mr. Smite in Deadmines, we can probably have Tauren in Lordaeron somehow. But honestly, the Blackrock Clan was always identified as the Warcraft 2 Horde, not Thrall's new Horde.

Level 15
You will have to do a lot of work with the main race to turn it into true blackrock clan: there are no ogres in blackrock clan, only the Stormreaver and Cho'gall clan got Ogres. The Blackrock instead got elite grunts that serve to Blackhand and his family. Also they used deer horned helmets to show supremacy against other orcs clans. They were hidding and living in the blackrock spire since they defeat in WC2 fight between Doomhammer's forces and the Alliance so... the techtree will only use orcs and black dragons if you want. Troll are not an option neither. Also before RoC the orcs were thrash. The humans won the war in WC2 and the remaining strong clans were the Frostwolf and Warsong who were hidding in the Alterac Mountains and the blackrock in Blackrock mountain spire.

If you want, show the plot you want to develop so we can help you to build a story sticked to the lore. You can always create your own version as the Tauren travel throught a portal to Blackrock mountain and the Blackrock kill Cairne and enslave them to serve... so you won't have to focus in a deep lore stuff...

MrRious

M

MrRious

If you want, show the plot you want to develop so we can help you to build a story sticked to the lore.

I'd be greatful for that! I'll do that in near future. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.