• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] I need a challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Missile system that perfectly replicates normal ranged attacks is pretty good idea. You just need some tools to get all that required data from MPQ, like missile art, missile arc, strarting z thingies and other stuff like that.

And this time you cant say that its not possible, because Tides of Blood guys did it already.

Level 11
Randomly generated quests system, that gives you a number of tasks to do and a reward. For example: kill 40 murlocs and collect 5 kobold candles in 10 minutes, reward of a +3 dagger. Etc. I'm trying to do one with GUI, it's an uphill battle.

Edit: Also, randomly generated item stats.

Level 19
a REAL ball bounce system for wc3 (with height and stuff) would be kinda hard to do but it was done allready...

I think a robot which consists of many other units would be cool (with movement and so on) but there was some spell somewhere which was nearly like that (called sandman or something [probably @ thehelper] )

maybe you could just do some circuit simulation with capacitors, transistors, lamps and power sources (with lightning effects as cables )
that would be a chalange but kinda useless for anyone (except minigames maybe)

edit:
I forgot to mention magnetism stuff (induktion, generators, magnets, etc)

edit2:
and another idea
boxes falling down from the sky and landing on each other (I'd make them with lightnings because it is hard to rotate units [not impossible though] )

Robot would be cool, yes, but like I said, I don't have any clue about the maths behind it.

Circuit simulation - cool idea, but like you said, probably not too useful.

Magnetism - I'm not good enough at physics to make realistic magnetism.

Boxes made of lightning look crap. And you can't rotate units right - you can't roll them, and you need a dummy model to tilt them.

Level 21
Robot would be cool, yes, but like I said, I don't have any clue about the maths behind it.
Not a fucking reason man. Challenges are there to "learn" something and raise yourself to the next level. One time you say a challenge is too easy, but when a challenge is forcing you to learn something new you consider it to be too *hard*...
How exactly do you define *challenge*?

Level 10
i got a challenge make a system that allow for only 1 player to see effect certain things much as exemple Gen-Jutsu (illusion) or unit or an ai system to do a map like GTA ^^

but does it really need to get element of water o_O, as i saw as subject cuz those idea would be real challenge for vjasser ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.