• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I dont understand why this quest doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, im trying to make a very basic quest for a very very big project, i have take all this trigger, and the actualy problem its nothing happen when a hero take the item request for the quest, i have upload all my triger on this post.

If someone can help, and tell me what i have do wrong ?

Im a big noob on variable, maybe i have do a misstake with this

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    27.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    6.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    9.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 32
Level 21
i'm pretty sure you are losing reference to the triggering unit after using the wait function

you'd have to store the triggering unit into a unit variable to keep it intact

Level 6
1. "Display to (All player mathing ((Triggering unit is a hero) equal Vrai))" — that's a really bad coding, just use (All players) instead.

2. Instead of
  • Quest - Mark (Last created quest) as Completed
use
  • Quest - Mark CymtrariaQueteLukas as Completed
3. Take the item from player before waiting.
Or player is able to throw the item from their inventory getting the reward and leaving the item to themselves.

4. In 3rd trigger's Condition check the (Acquired Item) instead of (Matching item).

5. Your 4th trigger knows about the unit that "comes within Lukas", but doesn't know what (Matching item) is.
Check if the quest requirement ("CymtrariaQueteLUKASRequirement") is completed instead.

Level 4
1. "Display to (All player mathing ((Triggering unit is a hero) equal Vrai))" — that's a really bad coding, just use (All players) instead.

I do that cause in game offer me to give the quest to all player, or just player red, but this is not what i want, i obviously want to only the player going next to the PNJ have the quest, but i actuly didnt know how to do this, so i did this trigger in wait to know, im gonna see everything you tell me, i will tell you if that work :)

Edit : in this end, i would like to all player (6) can do the quest one time, if i tun off a trigger, only one player will do the quest, right ?

Last edited:
Level 39
i'm pretty sure you are losing reference to the triggering unit after using the wait function
Triggering Unit is one of the wait-safe event responses: Event Response Myths

The issue, @Nosiaz is your use of "matching item" in the third trigger's condition. When you select matching item it shows in little grey text that it's for use in the "pick all items in region matching..." action; in fact, most of the event responses have explanations that say when/how they're supposed to be used. Please read them. What you want to use here instead is "Item Being Manipulated".

Also How To Post Your Trigger instead of screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.