Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

I believe...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ash, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not in your religious texts, he didn't.

And the space place is obviously according to your round earth theory :p

2. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Didn't say it was flat either ^^

And the flatearthsociety is obviously according to the flat earth hypothesis ^^

3. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Cue elenai's infamous stand off logic. You're not showing me anything to stop me thinking that the Earth is flat, which is the point of the thread, Spammer ;)

4. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I have :D

Why do you think the world is flat? If you are not quite a believer in any deity who would have made the world into a cylinder, and evidence shows that the world was either formed or made as such...into a sphere. Tell us what provokes this 'belief' (since you are obviously playing devil's advocate), and we might be more apt to provide more specific evidence.

5. -Spirit Hunter-

-Spirit Hunter-

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really don't get the point of this thread...
    Do you desire that strongly for people to prove you wrong...?
    As far as I can see, no matter what anyone says you won't change your mind Ash, even if you are constantly saying: "Prove me wrong! Prove me wrong!" I really don't understand why other guys even try to prove your theory incorrect when it just seems impossible due to your strong belief. You have right to believe in what you want and so does everyone else, so why continue this discussion when neither of sides will step away from their opinion...? When neither sides can prove that they are right nor wrong?
    I mean it was interesting for a time, but you guys just keep on going in circles and repeating the same thing you said 3-4 posts earlier: "The world is flat! The world is round! The world is flat!...etc... that's all...

6. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    How about people actually, I don't know, use reasoned arguments? Radical, I know.

7. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I believe in it because it's the most obvious answer. Gravity has been proven wrong, thus we'd all fall off from the edges of the earth, and there is no other, really viable, answer except that of the earth being flat. Think about it, how illogical is it, seriously, that we're all flying through the universe stuck to giant rocks. It doesn't make sense, in the slightest, really.

I've already stated my points in the massive post I left in the other page, so that's your best place to start if you'd like to challenge what I've think.

Yet, once again, it is the end of another day and I've still only seen the 1 well thought through argument.
    The point is, you can't construct a self-created logical and well structured arguement. And that's rather sad. I'd like to decently discuss my belief in a minority-supported theory compaired to that of your beliefs in the majority-supported school of thought, and so far, you haven't really been able to do that.

8. Steel_Stallion

Steel_Stallion

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cause women with round breasts are better than women with flat chests.

9. -Spirit Hunter-

-Spirit Hunter-

Resources:
    Resources:
    But, seriously, neither one of us can prove that the world is flat nor round since no one traveled around the entire world, and neither did you Ash, so your evidence is based on the same level that evidence of round-world believers is, its on some scientific facts or some shit other people said, nothing more. So my point is that this discussion can go on forever, or until one of us packs his bags and sets on a world-traveling adventure to check what is true and what isn't...

10. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then you accept that the world may be flat?

11. Pins

Pins

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    On the basis that you don't trust what most scientists agree upon, a lot of things may be acceptable.
    No one ever got his head opened in front on me. Thus, I don't believe we have a skull or a brain, the head is full of paprika-flavoured crisps. PROVE ME WRONG. Come here and bash your head open on my desk (so i can have some nice crisps while playing far cry2).

12. errorz

errorz

Resources:
    Resources:
    When Columb was young he said : The world is a ball(Of course he made the fucking system wrong and every body wanted to burn him)So he ran away far far in the ocean he know the world was flat so he didn't go anywhere he stayed there(Somewhere near) when he was low on food he went to a isle and took (That leaf that is in Canada's flag)and perfumed it so it looked more Smoky(Smokable looking :D) then he went home and said:i traveled bla bla and bla i was even in bla... (AFTER 26minutes --->)...so i found this plant, go ahead and try it (Dude smokes it...)and he says : Mmmm... Nicotine.... So then every body started smoking and believed him....
    after 150 years NASA photo photographed earth and the picture is like this:
    so they made AREA 51.
    why 51 you ask because

___________ is the same as __________
    N|51515151515| Is the same as|2121212121|
    N|15151515151|
    Is the same as|1212121212|
    N|5151|ASANA
    Is the same as NASANA|121|
    N|15151515151|
    Is the same as|1212121212|
    N|51515151515|
    Is the same as|2121212121|
    NASANA|15151|
    Is the same as |121|NASANA
    N|51515151515|
    Is the same as|2121212121|
    N|15151515151|
    Is the same as |121212121|
    5 is 2 2 is 1+1 so then 5 is 1+1 so then what?
    YOU CONTINUE...
    so lets start the interactive game "WORLD IS FLAT OF IS IT?"
    :)

13. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The point of this thread is to show how far human retardation can get. It's not the max, I know, but pretty close. Pretty close.

14. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well how can you beat something like, how the hell are you supposed to travel into the same direction and end up at the exact same position where you started from if the world is flat?

While if you would try it would actually work?

Or do you live in the midle ages or something like a roleplay >.>

15. bounty hunter2

bounty hunter2

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've heard that you are a psihology student thus I think this thread is some kind of a experiment? Just my guess. I don't think you believe Earth is literally flat, you just want to contradict some theories such as gravity, and it's just a colorful expression, the same goes for the flatearth societies etc.

Oh now I remembered you told frost in THW chat to join you in HC chat that you explain him something about this thread. Since you dislike the users here I guess this is a joke to see how stupid they can get in responding to useless threads. Look I'm responding you can put me on your stupid list.

Anyhow I don't really care is the Earth flat or not. Science is a religion, and it thought me Earth is round. I won't contradict that. I won't really care about that. After giving it a thought, just to reply to the thread, here is my *something*:

Let's move a bit further from Earth. Suppose I look at the sky, during day or night. I always see the Sun or the Moon as round objects. Maybe they are flat however the flat area is round? But they should rotate and thus not appear round at all time. Thus I come to the conclusion they are round. So what's with Earth? Natures major flaw perhaps if your theory is correct.

As said, I don't really care.

Edit: None of my pants has zippers. I have buttons? Lol never really realized that.

Science is wrong? Don't care if it is.

Technology is evil? I like my computer, I like my TV, I like my cell, I like my electricity. I don't have anything against it.

16. Tyranid

Tyranid

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are teleporters at the edge of the world to teleport you to the other edge.

17. Pyritie

Pyritie

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Nobody's responded to my posts yet.

18. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    For some reason you people are comparing 'gravity' in and poles to 'prove' that the earth is round when it is in fact, quite obviously, flat.

Learn what magnetism is. The poles have nothing to do with your 'gravity'.

19. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    What are you guys trying to point out? That we can't prove anything? That we can only prove to ourselves through first hand experience? What?

We accept that the world is round, because we are told so. Since (practically) no one denies the idea of a round world, we never even question it.

20. Captain Griffen

Captain Griffen

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ...and this, gentlemen, is how the Jews found themselves in the gas chambers. How Gallileo found himself hounded. How slavery carried on unabated. Because no one thought for themselves.