• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HvO Screen Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Could use work, the first one needs tile variation, I am guessing you don't want doodads to crowd the path. The path is too straight.

Second one, I don't care for that middle area. With only a handful of spread out ferns it looks weird, either make it dense jungle with a pathway or more open with stuff around it.

Third. Is that an empty base going to be filled? If not it's too open. Could use more environment doodads to the ledges, maybe some rubble to match the tower.

Forth, just things seem too open, add your towers if you are going to, then more doodads around them.

Fifth same as forth.

Last one, not bad, just more doodads!!

Don't be afraid to over crowd!! Keep it up, I hope you finish the map. :thumbs_up:

Level 25
Although there is tile variation, it's done with the wrong times most of the time. Dirt and Cityscape stones scattered everywhere is not that nice.

You need more environment doodads, lots more! Looks empty without it.

You need a fog to be set and a sky too!

You need to make some hills!
~Craka_J

Level 8
It is an AOS with lots of unit spwans, so I can not over crowd too much or add too many bends / hills to the pasth else the units will jam and get stuck.

I will add more ferns to the second shot.

I have not placed units or buildings, yet, so there will be less space in the third shot when I am done.

Towers will be added to the fith shot.

I will set a fog and a sky.

There are not very many different environment doodads in WE, and the map's file size needs to stay small, so I can not import more than 10 or 15 small plant models. Any suggestions ?

Level 34
I would get custom tress. I really dislike blizzard trees. There are enough doodads to make a good terrain. Just use tons of shrubs and maybe outland plants would go nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.