1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Hunter Killer Hydralisk

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Well hello, this is one more model that also took a helluva while to create and perfect, due to me needing custom animations, me making some custom animations, me needing a custom texture for both the unit and its missile, and what not..

But i think its worth all the custom bits. It's been very much years where i just haven't seen a very nicely done custom war3 hydralisk model, kinda all of them missing a lower jaw below the mandibles, or not having a good, speaking portrait, or not having both melee and ranged attack anims, or not having saliva dripping, or not looking like the OG Starcraft Hydralisk, or the remastered version.. So i have decided to cram all that i wanted (and more) in one model.

this Hydralisk is able to: Burrow/Unburrow, swim and submerge/surface, attack anything from any range, and look rather similar to original HunterKiller 'hero-unit' from Starcraft. Although I have gone slightly beyond that and given it more Teamcolor and few more details from the sc2 hydralisk, so i hope this is a good merger. 'u'

My helpers here were;
@Hayate (you'll probably recognize some of your anims there)
@PrinceYaser (For bearing with me and patiently doing both the main unit and missile textures)
@BossGengar ( for finishing up some of my animations, and doing few more, as well as little code tweaks)
and tiny thanks for the saliva particles from the Gronn model by @Mister_Haudrauf :)

So.. Credit us if using this model, or you'll be invaded by the zerg like the Amerigo >x] (starcraft 1 cinematic, look it up on the youtubes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
technical bits:

Ability that adds additional blades should be an orb (for extra damage) and maybe enabled by an 'extra blades evolution' upgrade.
ability setup:
Art - Target: (two models, in this order) 'ExtraBladesLeft.mdx' 'ExtraBladesRight.mdx'
Art - Target Attachment Point 1: (two separate strings) 'hand' 'left'
Art - Target Attachment Point 2: (two separate strings) 'hand' 'right'
(all without the ' symbols, of course)
Art -Target Attachments: 2

Additional Object editor setup, for a ranged unit:
Projectile Launch - X: -30
Projectile Launch - Y: -10
Projectile Launch - Z: 130
Projectile Launch - Z (Swimming): 20
Projectile Arc: 0.00
Required Animation Name: two
(or set up a unit with melee first attack, and ranged second attack)

suggestion: to make this unit shoot spines from all slots, add 1, 2, or 5 more amphibious dummies, that would shoot at the same target as the unit, so the total number of missiles shot is 6.
for extra immersion, play with the 'projectile launch - Y' value on each dummy, for left and right adjustment.
Contents

Hunter Killer Hydralisk (Model)

Grooved Spine Missile (Model)

Extra Blades(left) (Model)

Extra Blades(right) (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
A wonderful adapted and edited model that really fits wc3. Approved.
  1. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    A group project that came out really cool and epic.

2. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A wonderful adapted and edited model that really fits wc3.
    Approved.