HumanUITile04.BLP

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
For Hawkwing.
Comments always welcome! Enjoy.

Note: If this tile gives you trouble (won't show up ingame), try converting it to .tga

Keywords:
Naga, Ruins, UI, Atlantic, Sea, Mayan, Aztec, Tribe, Water, bananaHUNT
Contents

Ruins UI Tile04 (Texture)

Reviews
07:39, 25th Mar 2009 Hawkwing: You, of course, realize that I'm against copy and paste, but, due to a little discussion we had in the Mod's Lobby, I'll make an exception for this one.

M

07:39, 25th Mar 2009
Hawkwing: You, of course, realize that I'm against copy and paste, but, due to a little discussion we had in the Mod's Lobby, I'll make an exception for this one.

Level 17
if it turns green it means it cant find the image. probably you still have the path set to
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile04.blp
if you use the .tga file it should be
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile04.tga
after that go to Advanced -> Game Interface
then at the top left check the box that say Use Custom Game Interface
then scroll down untill you see
Image - Console Texture 4
double click on it and click on Custom. type the following path
click ok ok ok ok :p and it should work

Level 4
i find that this part doesnt work on blp format.
Therefore; first of all: convert the file into TGA format
(I recommend Wc3 Image Extractor II).
Then import it into the map with the path
and set it in Custom Game Interface
Image - Console Texture 4.
This is the only way i found to work this.
Great texture bananaHunt, good job!

Level 4
I used the tga as instructed, but it's not a perfect fit. The 4th part sticks out a little and there's a little black box above it. It doesn't look very appealing, so am I the only one with this error or does it occur to everyone else as well?

Level 6
Hi there :grin:
I did this:

if it turns green it means it cant find the image. probably you still have the path set to
if you use the .tga file it should be
after that go to Advanced -> Game Interface
then at the top left check the box that say Use Custom Game Interface
then scroll down untill you see
Image - Console Texture 4
double click on it and click on Custom. type the following path
click ok ok ok ok :p and it should work

and it dnt work. All I get is the normal human UITile 4...

Plz help more?

Last edited:
Level 8
This is a simple error, bananaHUNT, You have wrong image size, Rescale your tile to the dimentions 128, 256, or 512. 64 is too small for warcraft to scale. Then once you've scaled it, save it as blp and everything will work as before. I would have done it myself, and I did. but I'm not allowed without your permission. Just update you file after kk.

Last edited:
Level 6
04 is not working

I converted to .tga and it did not work, I tried re-downloading the file and other various methods but have had no luck.

Level 4
Converting this to .tga works, but triples its file size. Are you sure you can't fix this?

Level 5
This is a simple error, bananaHUNT, You have wrong image size, Rescale your tile to the dimentions 128, 256, or 512. 64 is too small for warcraft to scale. Then once you've scaled it, save it as blp and everything will work as before. I would have done it myself, and I did. but I'm not allowed without your permission. Just update you file after kk.

Can't this be done, bananaHUNT? If YOU can fix this and upload, everything would be SO much easier..! :slp:

Level 9
He has obviously left the scene or doesn't care about this anymore. Can anyone do it and post it here? I pm'ed him, hope for the best but honestly doubt getting a response.

And you arn't changing anything so I don't see why you can't change the scale so long as you don't take credit for it or did the rules say you can't fix anything that someone else broke even if they don't reply in a thousand years?

Level 5
Converting it isn't that hard, but still, for many people it would be so much easier if they didn't have to.. :p

Level 4
Hi there :grin:
I did this:

and it dnt work. All I get is the normal human UITile 4...

Plz help more?

It works! maybe you should change it through the gameplay interface then Image - Console texture 4. Make sure to that the file imported is a TGA! It should not be ....importing a blp and changing the its extension path to TGA. Wish it will solve your problem!

Level 3
In order to get this working I converted the .blp file into a .png using XnView, then I converted the .png into a .tga file using Paint.NET, then I reimported the file and applied the correct file paths and it worked a treat. This UI is easily one of the best ever for WCIII. Thank you so much!!

ok, every body. no need to panic. I am about to leave a very long paragraph here.

with some experience making small custom textures in my plant wards, this was my biggest texture project to date. after trying all of those fix'es above, I could not get them to work. yet using ''MiniMages'' user interface here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/goblinuitile2-blp-193800/

I found all of his worked (including tile 4 as well). So naturally, I wondered why.

using MiniMage's ''goblinuitile4-blp''

and then using BLPLab

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools-560/blp-lab-v0-5-0-a-137599/

and Adobe Photoshop CS3, I converted, copied and pasted, this texture here, tile 4, on top of the original version by MiniMage, copied the alpha channels, and resulted in a working format that is not TGA but BLP and has 23 kbs of size vrs the 128 when made into TGA (I could never get the TGA version to work any way)

the original creator of this ui is long gone and while all other 5 pieces work great, he is not going to come back to finish this UI fix. so I did it for him (and everybody else who want's to use this resource).

I cannot get permission from him to do this, if this is not legal to the site Rules I will take down this fix. I take zero credit for the original version he has created.

this paste bin here contains MiniMage's UI with Vivva's custom created texture/alpha channels on top of it. not sure why this one works but Vivva's does not, but our's works perfectly when imported into my map.

here you go, enjoy.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=x38iqv

use this as the texture name for import:

give me no credits I do not need them. drop by my resorce section for some flowers maybe though? =D

have a good day everybody.

credits to MiniMage for helping me sort this issue out and teaching me to use BLPLab
credits to MiniMage for Allowing me to use his UI File as a template for the reconstruction of Vivva's UI

and I did have MiniMages Permission to do this.

MiniMage: ''You're using my UI as a template.'' ''That's something different entirely.'' ''I'm okay with that.'' ''Just upload it to pastebin, don't ask. ;P'' ''It doesn't even really have any of my crap anyhow. ;P''

Last edited:
Level 1
I replaced the original files and get the same problem everybody got.. so i downloaded and installed Wc3 Image Extractor II, converted the .blp file to .tga file and then reverted the .tga file to .blp file... It seems just I didn't make anything but the file size diminished (39kb to 26 kb).. so I replaced THIS 26kb file and everything worked fine.