• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Elf UI

Is it true? Dentothor is back? well, not really. But heres just a little something ive whipped up. :p Originally for the Texturing Comp. #18 but i wasn't able to join.
So before anyone asks in a lazy "OMG HOW DO I UPLOAD THIS?!" try reading this before you start trollin'

Enjoy

Moderator Edit: All files merged into bundle, credit to @Shido for fixed Tile04.

Keywords:
Blood, Elf, Dentothor, User, Interface, Awesome, Sexy, Red, Gold
Contents

Blood Elf UI Inventory Cover (Texture)

Blood Elf UI Tile01 (Texture)

Blood Elf UI Tile02 (Texture)

Blood Elf UI Tile03 (Texture)

Blood Elf UI Tile04 (Texture)

Blood Elf UI TimeIndicatorFrame (Texture)

Reviews
10:07, 21th Dec 2010 shiiK: There's a few glitches that needs to be fixed - the resource icons are overriding the border of the boxes, and although it doesn't look ugly, it breaks the uniformity and I don't think that suits this UI. The golden leaf...

M

10:07, 21th Dec 2010
shiiK: There's a few glitches that needs to be fixed - the resource icons are overriding the border of the boxes, and although it doesn't look ugly, it breaks the uniformity and I don't think that suits this UI. The golden leaf over the inventory (with the text on) is cut off at the tip. You've got some nice design in the bottom of the unit information area, but unfortunately, it interferes with the unit information and obstructs game play.

The large blocks of yellow/golden metal are awfully boring for the most part. Try to add some more details in there. I'd also prefer if you worked some more on the Phoenix over the portrait.

10:03, 21th Feb 2010
67chrome: Overall this is well-done enough it should be approved. It would be nice if you worked a little more on this though, perhaps add some runes to the gold or thin the gold down and use it for designs instead of large blocks of material. The overall red and gold of this is a bit overpowering and eye-catching, which can be a good thing for important units, but not so much backgrounds like terrain and UIs. I'd recommend desaturated the red a bit, and perhaps add more of the pastel colors present in Silvermoon architecture rather than sticking to just red and gold. Adding pastel pinks and oranges to the UI could allow more elegant and elvish designs with the gold and red, and allow things such as your phoenix inventory cover to look more impressive/obvious.

Level 5
Yeaaaah

Dude this is frigging awesome!!!:vw_death:
you just made my day a happy one:ogre_love:
I'm working on a Blood-elven RPG and I have been looking for
something like this for over 2weeks:goblin_cry:
5/5
-it is ,pure, awesomeness:mwahaha:
-looks well:thumbs_up:
-haven't seen a blood-elven one yet:thumbs_up:

Keep up the awesome work!:goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Current Version: v2.01

WC3ScrnShot_021911_214737_01.jpg

-Submission
-Fixed Alpha Issues with Tile04
-Tiles 3 and 1 fixed to fit icons more comfortably

-Changed Inventory Cover
-Fixed small issues with most of the skin
-Did an an overhaul on most of the tiles

-Fixed the upper border "wing" to make it pop out a bit more, as well as to straighten it out.

Download:
View attachment Blood Elf UI v2.01.zip

Separate Files:
View attachment HumanUITile01.blp
View attachment HumanUITile02.blp
View attachment HumanUITile03.blp
View attachment HumanUITile04.blp
View attachment HumanUITile-InventoryCover.blp
View attachment HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp

Last edited:
Level 4
hey i have a problem with the skin :S

i have all files downloaded and replace all war3mapImported\....blp with UI\Console\Human\......blp ?

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    112.9 KB · Views: 622
Level 1
hey i have a problem with the skin :S

i have all files downloaded and replace all war3mapImported\....blp with UI\Console\Human\......blp ?

yeah, the same prob for me.... it reminds me of the early Naga theme, needed to be fixed

Level 4
fixed all issues. if any more arise that i have no knowledge of, notify me :)
Thanks for the heads up for the other fixes.

EDIT. Also added a screenshot.

i have downloaded it new and replace it with the old but i get the same problem :S how can i fix it?

Pretty good, hey, do you think you could create a futuristic UI so i can make my map that ive been planning? :infl_thumbs_up:

im not doing any huge requests right now. if you have a small one, then sure. but otherwise, im busy trying to finish up some skins that ive never bothered to finish. (i have like four or five of them (including the General Vezax Project)) So until then, im not doing those kinds of requests.

apparently skins added to a pack will be hidden unless specifically searched for, so go ahead and upload all the parts of the UI separately, and once their approved you can compile them in one easily download-able spot.

i already knew that. thats why i was waiting for them all to be approved separately. its already compiled so what the hey.

Level 8
Your UI is very nice, but some aspects disturbs me.
First, the colors are too bright for me, i think you should use different tones to make it a little more sweet for the eyes. Second, i find it too... overloaded. For example, you can't see well the unit's status because of those three green pearls with their flashy golden background. Plus, the unit portrait's border take too much space and it's same for the clock. You should release a little more space to make the gameplaying lighter.
But in my opinion, the first things which needs to be changed are the color tones, otherwise the idea is great and i'm seriously thinking about using it in a campaign i'm making :)