• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Torturer

Just a new skin , A corrupted mage or something like that.
Enjoy give credits and that stuff.
Updated :
I decide to rework the armour , more Dark elvish syle , also no more naked guy this time
I added some sligthy shadows and reworked a little the hair , new staff and some color to cape.
Updated:
Added tc , yay! also i changued some of the armour and the chest , added ligth's and shadows , changued hands and neck , some minor stuff fixed.
Enjoy.

Keywords:
Mage,dark,purple,elf
Contents

Torturer (Texture)

Reviews
15:00, 15th Apr 2011 shiiK: Cleaning up skins that have been rejected (until updated) for more than a month - moving to rejected permanently due lack of updates since last moderation. No new review of the skin has been made. If you feel that this...
Extensive review: * Shading Global shading is lacking, but the texture depth is there. You just need to consider the sun when you apply shading. Highlight on shapes that are upwards and exposed to sun, shadow on shapes that are facing downwards...
Footman16
As other's have pointed out, there are areas that need some work such as the staff and staff head. The texture overall could use a little tidying up. But it is freehand and there is quality here in parts, it's a cool concept and there's lots of...

M

15:00, 15th Apr 2011
shiiK: Cleaning up skins that have been rejected (until updated) for more than a month - moving to rejected permanently due lack of updates since last moderation. No new review of the skin has been made. If you feel that this decission is wrong, or if you want to update the skin, please reply to this PM and I'll work it out for you. As this is a preset message, and I'm just picking up each and every skin in the category, I want to apologize beforehand if this clutters your inbox.

12:56, 16th Dec 2010
shiiK: This needs a lot more work. Although it might look good from far away, it makes no sense if you take a closer look. Try to have one idea for your skin and produce that.

Detailed Review

Level 49
the hair looks very messed up. cape could have more folds but its up to you.
you could've changed the ball on his staff to something like an eyeball or an orb
but i like his face, looks like a lesser dreadlord

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Extensive review:

* Shading
Global shading is lacking, but the texture depth is there. You just need to consider the sun when you apply shading. Highlight on shapes that are upwards and exposed to sun, shadow on shapes that are facing downwards and hidden from the sun.

* Colour
Purple and golden yellow go well together and fit the concept. The skin-tone is acceptable. Not liking the colour of the staff, though.

* Concept
I'm not sure what to say, because I can't really see what anything is. I can see there's a humanoid, possible some evil human or elf, but beyond that it's impossible to make out what his torso and legs are covered with.

* Detail
There's a lot of details, but I can't see what the details are, and that defeats the purpose of adding details. Try to have a specific idea of what you want to make. You want the viewer to immediately recognize what most of it is. The TC logo on his back is too small, too blurry and lacks planning. It looks like you've just scribbled random lines in a circle. Hair doesn't grow out of nothing, all the strands should come from the head. Don't just make a bunch of straight lines in a specific direction. What is that thing on top of the staff?

* Wrap
There's quite a few issues with the wrap. The cape has a tiny piece of border, but nothing anywhere else on it. The chest.. clothing is stretching. The skull, or whatever, on his knees is too long and doesn't look like a skull beyond the teeth and eyes. The TC design on the cape is uneven and scribbly, it makes it look bad on the back and even worse on the front. The hair wraps really bad, the highlights are triangles on top of his head.

Level 31
Hmn, i'm having struggle whether the quality is debatable or not. The cap is what dragging me back whether this one do need some 2nd chance here. But i do believe this work still stand out with its concept.

As other's have pointed out, there are areas that need some work such as the staff and staff head. The texture overall could use a little tidying up.

But it is freehand and there is quality here in parts, it's a cool concept and there's lots of effort been put into the details.

As such approved as Recommended.