• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Human Footman & Sergeant

Basic infantry unit, with Sergeant version. Minor edits of my Templar Footman model.

Feel free to use and/or edit these models, so long as you credit me.

EDIT:
Made small changes to the Sergeant.
EDIT2:
Fixed portraits
EDIT3:
Fixed animations

Keywords:
Human, Alliance, Elf, Footman, Knight, Captain, Sargeant, Lieutenant, General, Unit
Contents

Human Footman & Sergeant (Model)

Human Footman & Sergeant (Model)

Reviews
01:42, 7th Feb 2016 HappyCockroach: To all the footman-like ones: These are all very high-quality models, fit well wc3 context and are fully functional, with all the features necessary. And all of them are very useful. Some issues, though: - All...

M

01:42, 7th Feb 2016
HappyCockroach:
To all the footman-like ones: These are all very high-quality models, fit well wc3 context and are fully functional, with all the features necessary. And all of them are very useful. Some issues, though:
- All of them are unselectable at Stand Defend and Spell Defend. That's because the Minimum Extents are all 0 for both anims. You should recalculate the extents or copy the minimum extents from another sequence, as Stand or Spell to these two.
- All walk animations in a model should be of the same speed to perform well (except those named 'walk fast'). The walk defend ends up a bit sloppy in-game, since it is apparently slower than regular walk. To improve it you can speed up Walk Defend, then the engine slows it down correctly. (not a must-do. even wc3's Footman has this fault, and is sloppy at his Walk Defend)

20:02, 3rd Mar 2016
HappyCockroach:
Models should be selectable in all their animations. That puts this model in 'need fix' state. Tell me if you're really not willing to fix it. It's simple, and I can even do it for you in Magos, but not without your permission.

01:53, 11th Apr 2016
HappyCockroach:
The other one is fine, but the Footman is unselectable at the "Stand Defend" animation.

23:37, 12th Apr 2016
HappyCockroach:
Finally... Working good. Those are good variants to the in-game footman.

Level 11
I believe the Higher Ranking officer could have a Kite shield or something larger, I mean you added spikes so why not something that is not a buckler?
Also I think you should say in the description that there are 2 models and how much they are as it's a bit confusing to have 2 models in one download.
It is quite good especially since you didn't use the Sword "shadow" stuff.

Level 11
Obviously, you have no clue how often I get "HEY, CAN I USE THIS" or "HEY, CAN I EDIT THIS" requests.

Then again, I can't really blame you, you don't have to put up with that.

Only because of that I suggested that you should precise that there are two models in one package, so that if unfortunate fellows do not realise the obvious you wouldn't get that many spam messages.
The logic i'm trying to imply on you is if people wouldn't know that they are able to use models uploaded to a site that it's all about that, how would they know there are two models in one. They would even think the View Editor is bugged when they see those two models in each other and complain about the filesize being to large.
Mmph...

Level 50
Awesome as always. You are the pro in alternating the in game units/characters. With this model of yours someone could make some expansion of TFT. Would definitely fit, the units, I mean. There are your paladins, Arthas, now footmen and captains...
Great job, really. The Hive did not have a modeler like your for long time, thank you for that.

Level 13
Very nice footman and sergeant model, I will use this on my project. The only thing that I dislike is that there's too much TC, maybe the TC on the shoulder pads is enough. Anyway I still like it and that was just my suggestion, I hope you will be doing an archer footman version of this.

Edit: They're portrait doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Level 14
Although the death animation is pretty good, it places the model's corpse way too far from the model's position, this means that in game if the unit is killed while in front of a lets say a wall, the model will intersect with the wall during the death and decay animations, if it is killed while facing a ledge it's corpse will remain in the air, this will not look good.
Also when spells like animate dead are used on the corpse the effect and the summoned unit will appear behind the actual corpse of the unit, that will also look bad.