• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Httprequest {connecting a webpage to a map}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not possible.
I've never heard of anyone actually trying this, also I do not believe that WarCraft3 maps even support php/javascript/asp.net or any other coding that is related to websites.

What he wants is to build up a connection between the map and a website. Where you could dynamically display data from the map onto the website or other way around.

For example, you change a option you have in your website that says "Max Level = 300" and it would change the max level of the heroes in the map to that value.

But since maps are saved onto your computer and loaded from there how would u access it anyway without any hacking tools?

It would be possible if the maps were saved on the servers from blizzard and then loaded from there.
Not only would that make you load/download the map everytime but Blizzard would also have to provide some APIs which allow you to connect to the website.

So to say again: Not possible =P

Level 22
There is no way you can do this without hacking wc3. You could ask the guys who are working with RtC though. They're adding custom natives and they're doing some networking stuff.

Level 9
It is theoretically possible with the return bug and C2I and such, but I wouldn't bet on that. It would be so ridiculously complicated that it would take years most likely for ONE map. >.>

Level 22
The return bug has been removed though, but it could be possible as some hackers managed to install trojans on other peoples computers through modified versions of DotA and such.

Level 9
They didn't completely remove the return bug, as evidenced by it being able to be fixed by things like JassHelper.

And I asked someone, RtC had the ability to do this.

Level 9
You could get the temperature of say, NY, and if you had a zombie map, base the current weather in game to NY's current.

Hell, you could use it to get the time/date and make the game vary based on season.. there's tons of stuff.

Level 4
So if i understood all of you the only way would be to work with warsock? :O hmm could be an idea :) but I will have to see with then and to see with my brother who is doing php website ;)

And thank you to all of you for spending time on this topic

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.