• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to upload a map to the site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How do you do this?

Previously, I've simply used the Add/Update Resources link at the upper-right corner of the website. However, after uploading the map, the website stops at this screen. I've tried leaving it on for 30 minutes, however, not a thing had changed.

The map is 235kb which is far below the 4mb limit, so I'm pretty sure that filesize isn't the problem.

Lastly, my friend tried uploading the map on his account on his computer (even in a different country!) and it did not work: the exact same problem happened.

Any suggestions would be nice,
Thanks!

Level 7
Wc3sear.ch's script can't accept the map if it doesn't have certain files, so I guess your map is damaged (also known as "protected", even though that is a lie).

If you're using Map Optimizer, try to turn off the "Remove as much WE-data as possible".

Level 7
DeadDogNoGoWoof said:
Blade.dk2 said:
Except that map protection doesn't exist.
according to darky. but you don't know about the new protectors that veggie is talking about.

I only know people using Vexorian's Map Optimizer, I have not heard of other new protectors that are used by many persons (I'm using it myself, and had those problems). And Vex's tool is not a protector, he is one of the persons that knows that protection doesn't exist.

Doesn't matter what protectors you're using imo, as long as the map can be read by wc3 everyone can "unprotect" and edit it, or just edit it directly, in fact I've even heard of a programme that does that for you.

A map is only "protected" when it requires a password like with zip files, or when it is so damaged that it is beyond any point of restoration and the game itself can't read it anymore.

Level 22
A map is only "protected" when it requires a password like with zip files, or when it is so damaged that it is beyond any point of restoration and the game itself can't read it anymore.

Incorrect. You are taking the term too literally. When the term "map protection" is used here, it means the map cannot be examined through normal means (i.e. opening the map file with the world editor). Yes, it is possible to unprotect, but one has to have speacial programs or know-how to do it.

When even the game cant read it, then its considered "damaged".

When darky said "map protection doesnt exist" he was referring to that there was no map protection he could not break, therefor nothing was protected (from him). That was a while ago. New protections have been developed since then.
-VGsatomi

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
Incorrect. You are taking the term too literally. When the term "map protection" is used here, it means the map cannot be examined through normal means (i.e. opening the map file with the world editor). Yes, it is possible to unprotect, but one has to have speacial programs or know-how to do it.

When even the game cant read it, then its considered "damaged".

Incorrect. A damaged map is when WE can't read it, when the game can't read it anymore, it's destroyed.

When darky said "map protection doesnt exist" he was referring to that there was no map protection he could not break, therefor nothing was protected (from him). That was a while ago. New protections have been developed since then.
-VGsatomi

...Which still can be repaired. I have not seen a map I wanted to look at triggers in (or edit, even though I won't ever edit other people's maps) that I wasn't able to do it.

But I guess this discussion will lead nowhere, so just to answer the original post again, if you're using Vex's optimizer, try to remove the Remove as much We data as possible option, I think that should make it work.

Level 22
A damaged map is when WE can't read it,

If I use vexorians optimizer, I will no longer be able to open the map normally. Is it damaged? No. Is it protected? Yes. Is it still considered protected even though the protection is repairable? Yes. That is how those terms refer to the the topic at hand. That is how the vast majority of the community refers it as. Trying to interpret the terms literally and go against the flow wont do you any good here. Its like saying "maps" arent actually maps because the files contain more the terrain and cooridnates, but far more features then what are typically associated with the term "map"- it wont change the fact that they are referred to as maps.
-VGsatomi

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
A damaged map is when WE can't read it,

If I use vexorians optimizer, I will no longer be able to open the map normally.

Depends of which options you use with it.

Is it damaged? No. Is it protected? Yes. Is it still considered protected even though the protection is repairable? Yes. That is how those terms refer to the the topic at hand. That is how the vast majority of the community refers it as. Trying to interpret the terms literally and go against the flow wont do you any good here. Its like saying "maps" arent actually maps because the files contain more the terrain and cooridnates, but far more features then what are typically associated with the term "map"- it wont change the fact that they are referred to as maps.
-VGsatomi

Because many people refers to it wrong, it becames correct? Sorry, but I don't give a f--- about going against the flow from times to times, I have done it before, I will most likely do it again, I don't think it'll kill me.

And it is true that most persons here believes in "map protection", maybe because the FAQ and stuff calls it protection, I know people who agrees that protection doesn't exist, you can call it protection, but it won't make it exist.

I will try to not post more in this thread, this discussion is getting fruitless.

Level 7
VGsatomi said:
Because many people refers to it wrong, it becames correct? Sorry, but I don't give a f--- about going against the flow from times to times

Well, if the entire Blizzard community is wrong for incorrectly using the term "map", then I guess so.
-VGsatomi

I can't remember ever saying that the term "map" was wrong, I said that the term "map protection" is technically wrong because it doesn't exist.

Sorry that I quoted everything in my previous post, it was meant to map protection, not maps. My fault, should've removed last part of the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.