• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a unit unselectable by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How? I put selection scale at 0 and i can still select the unit. I even put the unit -5 movement height (under terrain). The unit needs to be selectable when my trigger selects it for the user, but not because it can be found by a user selecting random spots.

Level 9
This should work.
  • Events
    • Player - (Player 1 - Red) selects a unit
    • Player - (Player 2 - Blue) selects a unit
    • Player - And so on..
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • Selection - Clear selection for (Trigger player)
(OBS: This is writen without opening WE, so could be something wrong)

Remember that the player still can move the unit. It unselect after around 1 secound, so its not the best.

The best is to make a unit Unselectable by adding the ability names "Locust" to the unit.

Level 9
Thanks eleljrk but i already know about clear selection. I don't want to use triggers, just want the unit to be hidden before it is triggered to be selected. But thanks for the locust idea, at least i have that and my "hidden" idea to work with, although it's going to be more triggers..

Locust is the key. In the abilities section there is an ability called locust. Locust is used for the locusts for the crypt lord's special. You cannot select the unit. This gives birth to dummy casters which will give you awesomely unique abilities like in dota. Because you cannot see, touch, nor attack the unit it will cast special trigger based abilities with ease. But all you need to know is that locust makes the unit non selectable.

EDIT: I see you want to make your unit hidden here is how: go to the model file in art and type a period(.) in model file select custom. Your unit is now hidden!

Level 6
An easy and better way is to set the unit's sight range to 0 and place it on a spot on the map that is being affected by fog of war/black mask. Make sure that no allied unit is able to explore that spot. I recommend to use a restricted area surrounded by bounds somewhere in the map's corners.
Units hidden in that area can not be seen but selected:wink:

Level 9
An easy and better way is to set the unit's sight range to 0 and place it on a spot on the map that is being affected by fog of war/black mask. Make sure that no allied unit is able to explore that spot. I recommend to use a restricted area surrounded by bounds somewhere in the map's corners.
Units hidden in that area can not be seen but selected:wink:

If his sight (How long he can see in Object Editor) is 0, he can be selected, but not seen by the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.