• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make A counterstrike map!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Aah. I remember back in the days when me and bro' used to go LAN-partying in the weekends.
I was the only one knowing crap about half-life map making, and I would make maps prior to the occasion, then try them out once there. Such great fun it was.
Then when tweaking and making changes at the Lan there would usually stand some dude over my shoulder looking all mystified.

Level 8
Erm... does that video have anything to do with Counter Strike the game, or just some ability that uses dummy units and is called Counter Strike?

Level 4
All it is is a retarded video about howe to use dummies with a spell called 'CounterStrike'. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game, and this thread is so improperly titled it isn't funny.

its not a retarted video. its pretty good and shows you exlactly what too do.
i mainly posted it so all the new people/members that join each day can
get a better understanding and its easyer to learn by video then a 3 page
review or how too!in some cases you have to read them 40 times to know what your doing : ) anyway. if you "allready know" then you could please let me be helpfull uswell ... :D. i'm sorry with the title but i thought it would be catchy.

Don't tell me you were hoping to learn CS mapping here brad.

I'm more disapointed that it's hosted on youtube.
To be honest, youtube sucks after Google bought it!

And why is there always music?
I want a explained tutorial hearing the creators voice instead of music.
Too bad, many video tutorials are either with text and/or music.

Why are all afraid that someone in the internet hear his voice?

i'm german and my english isnt too good, but i would do it. At least dont have a super high kiddy voice which is more annoying than helping.
======= Negative Points ends here, hell yea ============

Its good for newbies who wants to learn something about dummies, however, what does the ability in the end has to do with counter-strike?

Last edited:
Level 36
I can already use HammerTools quite proficiently, thanks, but this is entirely what the title implies.

If the title was to be accurate and truthful, it would have said

"How to make the Counterstrike Ability Using Dummy Units" or something similar. Even just to make the differentiation between making a Counterstrike Map and a Counterstrike Ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.