• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to increase the scaling of an attachment model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hello guys I'm having problems increasing the scale of this attachment model :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/igneous-cleaver-274500/?prev=d=list&r=20&t=7

I was going to increase its scaling by 1.50, but I haven't accomplish it yet.

Here's what I had tried so far.

I opened the model to a model editor and clicked the Node Manager.
Pic. 1.jpg

I right clicked the Default Bone and Bonx010, then clicked Edit Node.
Pic. 2.jpg

I clicked the Scaling.
Pic. 4.jpg

Now in this picture those three numbers are originally 1, but I just change them to 5. Thinking it might increase the models size. I checked the model in-game and nothing happens :ogre_icwydt:
Pic. 3.jpg

Can anyone help me :vw_wtf:

That is because 0: {5,5,5} means the model only gets scaled on frame 0 of the animation sequence.

Here's how to properly scale it:
- Create a new Global sequence, set duration to whatever
- Go back to Edit Node -> Scaling, write 0:{5,5,5} and <whatever_duration>:{5,5,5} below it
- Set Global sequence ID to the one you just created. Click OK

Basically, this attaches the selected bone's scaling transformation to a global sequence.

You can also just scale the vertices directly.

Open the model editor in Magos, select all vertices, click "scale", select "center of mass" and just type 1.5 on every axis.

If you want to scaling to center around the handle, simply put the pivot point there first and use "pivot point" instead of "center of mass".

But if you want to make the attachment bigger for only a single unit (like on a giant or something), I actually recommend scaling the hand attachment point of that unit instead of the attached model, because then you don't need to do it for every attachment model imported, but only the giant.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If this were StarCraft II you would just need to change 1 field in the data editor...

I wouldn't recommend mesh-only scaling because it could screw up animations on models with complex bone animations, since the bones aren't proportionally transformed.
Yes, an axe will have such complex animations. Especially ones which can be used while it is an attachment where only a select few animations play, usually stand.

Level 13
Thanks guys, I'll try doing it now.

Edit: I tried editing this attachment model by means of moving and scaling the model only :fp: View attachment ArcaneStaff.mdx

However upon checking in-game, the particle doesn't seem to follow the staff. The particle should be in middle of the circular part of the staff.

Attachments

• Pic. 1.jpg
    Pic. 1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.