• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How to import the trigger??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
DONE!!But some of them still can't function,May you help me check?:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• WorldEditTestMap~2.w3x
    414.9 KB · Views: 57
Level 4
May you help em to check the spell "Replicate"?? Trigger done,but after my replicate time's up ,my hero disappear ,why?? (DotA & Custom Spells.w3x for Replicate spell)..another is my map:ogre_haosis::ogre_haosis:

Attachments

• DotA & Custom Spells.w3x
    70.7 KB · Views: 48
  • WorldEditTestMap~2.w3x
    427.2 KB · Views: 33
Level 30
how to import JASS and MUI skill to my map?and what does it mean?:ogre_rage::ogre_rage:

JASS is a coded form of GUI. To import a jass, either convert your GUI (your original trigger) to JASS by clicking your tigger then go to Edit and Convert to Custom Text.

MUI for long terms is Mulitple Unit Instanceability. To make a trigger like this, is to make a trigger that does not bug even used by the same time by units. So to make it, just make a trigger and make sure when you tested it... no bugs will happen or interfere. I cant explain more about MUI as I dont know much about it and only a little.

Okay, seems the trigger requires variables that doesn't exist before you import, even after you import, so first, go tick the "Create Unknown Variables when Pasting Triggers Data" [Screenshot later]

Second, you need to make sure every custom resources that used in the trigger has already been available to your map

About JASS and MUI

JASS as Hell_Master stated, JASS is the true language of WE, which is actually a big script that is replaced by Triggers that is we usually newbies use at WE, called GUI [Explanation Below about GUI] JASS is hard coded and takes time to master [only good script coder can master it in matter of weeks, it usually takes months to master it] JASS is also allowing you to use full extent of WE itself, because some JASS trigger aren't accessible via GUI

GUI this is a short term of Graphical User Interface, it has nice look and easy to understand than JASS, but it has many limits and can easily leaks unless removed via some leak removal script.

MUI MUI is a short term of Multi Instance Castable, means no matter how many unit is casting the same spell that uses the Same trigger, it won't bug and play correctly, in addition, wait command aren't allowed for spells that is going to be used by multiple units, also, there's another term related to this, called MPI, which explained below, one more word, for some reason, wait is still possible to make trigger MUI, but in a small case, read it here

MPI MPI is a short term of Multi Player Instance Castable (AFAIK), means that even 10 players cast the SAME ability with the SAME trigger and at the almost SAME time the ability won't bugged, from my knowledge, MPI also restrict Wait command, but both MUI and MPI can use artificial waits, which can be read here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.