• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to disable cheat codes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I can't find it after searching for it here. So how do you disable the cheat codes (whosyourdaddy, greedisgood, etc) in worldedit? Triggers? how?
Thanks.

Level 3
Thanks. But how come I saw in one map (protected) when I typed in 'whosyourdaddy', it didn't work and there even was a text that said 'cheating is bad'?

And yes, I also tried the chat event trigger and it really does not work.

Level 21
1) Cheats don't work in multiplayer
2) Why would you want to annoy your players in SP by deactivating a cheat.
3) It's asking for your map to be unlocked
4) Chat events can be detected. Make a trigger with the event "player enters a chatstring containing "whosyourdaddy" as an exact match. Actions: Defeat the player with message "Cheating is bad". The cheat will still be activated, but the player would be defeated instantly, so... << edit: apparently they can't >>

Last edited:
Level 4
Thanks. But how come I saw in one map (protected) when I typed in 'whosyourdaddy', it didn't work and there even was a text that said 'cheating is bad'?

And yes, I also tried the chat event trigger and it really does not work.
-Wc3 singleplayer cheats arent allowed on b.net.
Anyway, he maybe changed the 'Cheat Enabled!' to 'Protected' on Game Interface and also made a trigger:
>>Event:
player - Player 1 (red) types a chat message containing iseedeadpeople/greedisgood ###... as An exact mach
Condition:
- none -
>>Action:
Game - Display to (all players) the text: Cheating is Bad

Also after made an action with "Do nothing" or nothing same.

--> Like what Eleandor said, but more explained

Level 9
I disabled "iseedeadpeople" and "whosyourdaddy" in my map. I learned this trick from Aeroblyctos and his single player campaign.
Also, cheatcodes can't be detected with "Player 1 (red) types a chat message containing iseedeadpeople/greedisgood ###... as An exact mach". I tried.

-Create 3 invisible units for the Neutral-Passive Player, 2 of them will have the Locust ability.
-Create a Boolean Variable called CinematicMode
-One of the 2 units with Locust will be called DeadPeople
-Hide DeadPeople in a place where the main player shouldn't see it
-Every time you turn on the cinematic mode, turn on CinematicMode. Every time you turn off the cinematic mode, turn off CinematicMode.
-Create this trigger:
  • Dont look at DeadPeople
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (DeadPeople 0132 <gen> is visible to Player (Red)) Equal to True
          • CinematicMode Equal to FALSE
      • Then - Actions
        • Game - Really Bad Thing and Message which tells you that Cheats are bad
-now USING ISEEDEADPEOPLE ISN'T A GOOD IDEA in your map :)
-now call The other unit with Locust WhosMydaddy?
-the remaining unit doesn't have the Locust ability. Call it IAmYourDaddy.
-WhosMydaddy? should belong to the main player (the guy who mustn't use cheats, usually Red).
-IAmYourDaddy should belong to an enemy of the main player. Neutral-Hostile is fine.
-Both these units should be hidden somewhere in the map, together. As the map starts, WhosMydaddy? will start attacking IAmYourDaddy.
-IAmYourDaddy has a decent life and a good regeneration rate. WhosMydaddy? Can't kill it, because it has the same attack as a peon. WhosMydaddy? will spend its miserable life attacking IAmYourDaddy, without prevailing.
-Now create this easy trigger
  • DontAskForYourDaddy
    • Events
      • Unit - IAmYourDaddy 0156 <gen> Is Dead
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Really Bad Thing and Message which tells you that Cheats are bad
-Now if the main player writes "whosyourdaddy" IAmYourDaddy will die under the slashes of the invisible and Locustous WhosMydaddy? activating the trigger and the horrible consequences.
-now USING WHOSYOURDADDY ISN'T A GOOD IDEA in your map :)

Level 3
Yes, the chat string match trigger stuff does not work. I already tried it (on a 2-player map where the 2nd player is computer).

I think the cheat scripts or whatever is embedded, but somehow the maker of this map I saw was able to bypass or disable it. I already lost that map.. will try to look for it and contact the maker.... :con:

Level 5
2 more cheatz

Warpten, Greedisgood can also be disabled:

Warpten:
Place a worker (-Worker-) under the control of a player that is not the main player, that starts building -Building-. -Building-'s build time is the maximum avaible build time (298). Every 290 second the nearly finished -Building- is destroyed, -Worker- restarts building it. So -Worker- spends all his miserable life building -Building-, but never finishes. If the main player (Red, in most cases), uses "warpten", -Building- will get built up in less than 290 seconds. So all we have to do is to create the following trigger:
Event: A unit finishes construction
Condition: Unit-type of (Constructed Structure) equal to -Building-
Action: Game- Defeat Player 1 Red with the message: Don't cheat

Greedisgood:

There must be a player that's not Player 1 Red, and starts the game with 0 Gold, and Lumber. This player (-Dummy Player-) won't need any units to control. When Player 1 Red uses "greedisgood", -Dummy Player-'s gold will increase. All we need is to create an action, that activates when -Dummy Player-'s gold is more than 0. This means Player 1 Red used greedisgood, and so the game will end.

Last edited:
Level 5
What also came to my mind is how to disable "thereisnospoon"

All we need is a RandomUnitGuy (RUG), and a Rabbit hidden somewhere in the map (RUG= Random Player / Rabbit = Neutral Passive). RUG has a Death Coil (or Firebolt, or whatever) with the default mana cost. RUG has a mana bar of 1000 mana, but has 0 mana regeneration, and starts off with 0 mana. We also need a trigger, like this:
E:- Every 2 seconds of game time
C:- ----
A:- Order RUG to use Death Coil on Rabbit

As long as there is no cheats active, the result will be a poor guy who keeps trying to use an ability that costs too much mana for him. But after "thereisnospoon" has been activated, he will be able to cast the Death Coil, cause it will no longer cost mana.
E:-If Rabbit dies
C:- ----
A:-Defeat Player 1 Red with the message: Don't cheat you naáb

I guess "synergy" can be de-activated this way too, but in that case we will need an ability that needs an upgrade, that the RandomPlayer can't research. If "synergy" is used, RUG#2 will be able to kill Rabbit#2 = game over noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That is enough. If you are going to spit out crap, keep it inside you. If not, read the goddamned topic and realize that you CANNOT DETECT THE CHEAT STRINGS, at least with Red or triggers or whatever. In case we're wrong, provide obvious evidence.
Thank you.

Horizon and Csicska +rep for providing useful ways ;) -rep for anyone else who tries to be a smartass.
~Thread Cleaned

Status
Not open for further replies.