• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to detect a leak at the end of a game playing session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
My map may be leaking. Some kind souls recently ruled out the only leak I could think of in my map, so I'm back to the drawing board. I want to make sure that it is indeed leaking though.

I heard that when you end a play session, if the map leaked the game will go to a black screen and pause for a bit. That happened to me so I want to make sure I'm right about this. Here's exactly what I saw:

The ending cinematic ended in game and I got the dialog box to quit the game. I did. There was no pause there; the game quickly displayed the scoreboard with the blood elf standing there and the amount of lumber and gold mined or whatever. I was given the option there to save the replay or quit. I quit. Then there was a 3-4 second pause on a black screen before I was back in the main game menu.

Does that sound like I have a leak?

Level 14
I think it's all wrapped up now. I was getting some leaks, but apparently there are small leaks that occur whenever you make units. My map has ships shooting at each other all the time (each one makes a unit), and I was letting the computer fight itself for 5-6 hours.

Thanks for the help though guys, + rep all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.