• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] How to create units based on the number of units in an area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Can someone help me in my spell? So i was creating a spell that would create units(dummy) model file is shockwave based on the units in an 500 AoE- so to be clear , i cast my spell and there are 3 units near .It would only create 3 dummy units facing the units and move to them, and also deal damage.Pretty much like Dota's earthshaker utlimate spell.im new.

Level 2
I made something similar. I picked every unit matching a condition in X Range. Then i created a Dummy in center of region, region set between position of caster and position of picked unit, after i created a dummy for caster and gave it the desired ability, i then proceed to order to cast that ability at picked unit and add that dummy to DummyGroup, after the loop wait 1 second and remove every unit on DummyGroup.
It works for me.

Level 3
I made something similar. I picked every unit matching a condition in X Range. Then i created a Dummy in center of region, region set between position of caster and position of picked unit, after i created a dummy for caster and gave it the desired ability, i then proceed to order to cast that ability at picked unit and add that dummy to DummyGroup, after the loop wait 1 second and remove every unit on DummyGroup.
It works for me.
ok i would try it

Status
Not open for further replies.